Madden NFL 12

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden NFL 12

Post by Danimal »

If the NFLPA dissolves having a madden game will be the least of my worries.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

EA put a teaser video out today of 12. It's over at OS. They didn't reveal much. One positive thing is it does look like the player models may have improved, but I have to squint hard to see that. or believe that. trying to find any positives I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB7YeN11ykg

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Lets see they revealed in that teaser.

- Custom Playbooks

- Dynamic Player Ratings

- New camera angles or at least camera cuts (look at the FG shots)

- Player Tendencies

- Some kind of Online updates either to franchise or something new.

Seems like a lot being revealed in a teaser video for a game so far away. Plus they posted their blog schedule yesterday

* April 28 - Playbook #1: X-Books & Gameplay
* April 28 - Playbook #2: Presentation
* May 16 - Playbook #3: Franchise & Superstars
* June 6 - Playbook #4: Dynamic Player Performance
* June 20 - Playbook #5: Madden Ultimate Team
* July 25 - Playbook #6: Online

Of course non of this means the game will be good, but they did tease quite a bit in the video if you looked at it closely.
Follow Me on:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

how were you able to figure those out in the video? I had a hard time just taking a look at each of the video portions since they were so small.

Someone on OS blew up the image and tried to define what they showed.

Also you can vote for the cover athlete - saw it over at espn.com yesterday. I don't know if it's all PR or not, but this year it's got to be Aaron Rodgers.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Im not getting it if it doesnt have the leaflet with the online code. :P

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Lancer wrote:how were you able to figure those out in the video? I had a hard time just taking a look at each of the video portions since they were so small.
I watched it full screen and then frame by framed it.

Saw the word custom playbook clearly.

Saw LT and he has a hot flame and then a snow flake so I am assuming progression ratings.

The camera angles on the field goals were different then I have ever seen as was the stadium shot.

Also in another screen they showed different player tendencies like ball hawk, scrambler etc.
Follow Me on:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Dan:
the only thing i was able to pick up was they got rid of the meter kicking from last year and looks like they went back to the stick kicking like in 10 or it maybe just something completely different.

And like I said, I hope they go back to the bigger player models like in 10 rather than 11. On the kickoff video I think it was the Saints kicker, the model did seem a little bigger.

Others:
Here's the screen(s) the OS guy made for those of you who are banned on that site :

this game has become a CSI investigation :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Waiting for GT to set everyone straight regarding M12. :)

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Rodster wrote:Waiting for GT to set everyone straight regarding M12. :)
Come on, let's not start something here.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Finally, some really good news on the Madden front -- change amongst the senior members of the development team ranks. Don't know who yet, but I wish the rest of the lot would leave with 'em.

"Multiple sources have informed me there are some major changes taking place at EA Tiburon specifically relating to the Madden NFL franchise. Several high level members of the development team are apparently on their way out and may be joining a new studio that is being founded by a former Tiburon executive. When made public some of the names exiting the studio will be immediately recognizable to those who closely follow the series."

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/04/10/se ... ng-tiburon

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

GTHobbes wrote:Finally, some really good news on the Madden front -- change amongst the senior members of the development team ranks. Don't know who yet, but I wish the rest of the lot would leave with 'em.

"Multiple sources have informed me there are some major changes taking place at EA Tiburon specifically relating to the Madden NFL franchise. Several high level members of the development team are apparently on their way out and may be joining a new studio that is being founded by a former Tiburon executive. When made public some of the names exiting the studio will be immediately recognizable to those who closely follow the series."

Don't think it'll make a difference, Madden will always be Madden. I just wished they would design a completely new NFL Football game and let the Madden freaks have their game. :wink:

backbreaker
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by backbreaker »

GTHobbes wrote:Finally, some really good news on the Madden front -- change amongst the senior members of the development team ranks. Don't know who yet, but I wish the rest of the lot would leave with 'em.

Please be true, Lord save us.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

doesn't make sense. so they'll leave the only game with a NFL license to go make another game w/o the license in a startup company?

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Lancer wrote:doesn't make sense. so they'll leave the only game with a NFL license to go make another game w/o the license in a startup company?
The articles say it's a "start-up social gaming company," which I took to mean they'll be making Facebook-type games.

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

Ian Cummings leaving Madden, also release date now August 30th

According to PastaPadre, Ian Cummings, Creative Director of the Madden franchise, is leaving Tiburon.

He also states there are quite a few other big names going with him.

https://twitter.com/EA_SPORTS_Rob/statu ... 1461345280#

Breaking news from the EA SPORTS Season Opener...Madden NFL 12 hits stores on August 30, 2011.
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for Windows Phone
EA_SPORTS_Rob

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Thank you, Lord!

tmdba37
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by tmdba37 »

I doubt the creative team changes will affect this year, but I'm liking the later launch date--always thought the game came out too early. . .

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

'Creative Director' of a madden game sounds like a oxymoron.

Isn't most of the game already done anyway, if there were/are any new improvements they're probably already there for being worked on for 12. Maybe next years version will have some real changes. But not sure what else this guy could have done, I think most of these guys hands are tied.

I like the 8/30 date but the more I think about it, if there is no NFL season, I may not even bother with the game until it is dirt cheap. I wonder if that is the consensus of most of the population? Since I already have 11, and there is a lockout and no changes in rosters, is it really worth spending 60+ on a game with 11 rosters? Time will tell.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

The EA Madden Cover contest has become a joke now.

if you had not heard, the FINALISTS for the Madden 12 Cover are :

Peyton Hillis and Michael Vick

First - who the hell is Peyton Hillis. Never heard of him. Maybe because he plays on the Browns.

Mike Vick - LOL, does EA really want to piss off half the population?

I hope some exec at EA comes out and says screw the contest, we're going with Aaron Rodgers. How can Rodgers not be the cover guy. Or at least someone who is a star player, unlike nobody Hillis and excon Vick.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Didn't EA ask for fans to vote for their favorite player? If so it could explain both picks.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

LOL at Hillis making the finals for the cover. Reverse affirmative action in action :D

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I'm thinking it may have been rigged for Vick all along. The first screen they put out for M12 was of Vick. I think that year in the early 2000s where Vick was on the cover was the best selling madden in the series.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

IGN is chiming in now :

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1162413p1.html

EA's Worst Nightmare: Madden NFL 12's Cover

tmdba37
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by tmdba37 »

I don't really see the negative here.

EA could literally put a picture of a rock or maybe a picture of an endzone pylon on the cover and it's still going to sell.

How many people are going to honestly say "oh, that guy is on the cover, so I'm not going to buy Madden this year."

Is Vick the best option, probably not, but I don't think there is going to be a huge backlash against the game if he beats out Hillis. Plus they have the built in fall-back option by saying, look, there was a vote and "you" picked Michael for the cover. . .

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

They've got people talking about Madden in April, which I'm sure is all that EA really cares about. Once again, hats off to EA's marketing department -- nobody's better at creating hype for their own games.