NFL Season 2010

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2010

Post by vinny-b »

Rodster wrote:Sure both are damn good coaches but did you know the reason why Sparano wears glasses indoors as well? He had grease splash in his face and eyes when he was a kid working in a restaurant so lighting hurts his eyes.

ok thanks. Didn't know

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

vinny-b wrote:
Rodster wrote:Sure both are damn good coaches but did you know the reason why Sparano wears glasses indoors as well? He had grease splash in his face and eyes when he was a kid working in a restaurant so lighting hurts his eyes.

ok thanks. Didn't know
You and half of the broadcasting community. At least they brought it up in last nights game. Two weeks ago against the Vikings, the broadcasting crew basically made fun of him for wearing shades in the Metrodome. I'm pretty sure that's why they brought it up last night right away. I love the lack of research done before games by the media.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
vinny-b wrote:

ok thanks. Didn't know
You and half of the broadcasting community. At least they brought it up in last nights game. Two weeks ago against the Vikings, the broadcasting crew basically made fun of him for wearing shades in the Metrodome. I'm pretty sure that's why they brought it up last night right away. I love the lack of research done before games by the media.
Seriously I didn't know that either until I read about it in the Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinel after the Vikings game.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

dbdynsty25 wrote:You and half of the broadcasting community. At least they brought it up in last nights game. Two weeks ago against the Vikings, the broadcasting crew basically made fun of him for wearing shades in the Metrodome. I'm pretty sure that's why they brought it up last night right away. I love the lack of research done before games by the media.
DB: yes. Kinda similar to Cris Collinsworth (who i do like) last night referring to Braylon Edwards being with Stallworth when he mowed that person over. He really should've been corrected

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

JackB1 wrote:
10spro wrote:Well, he struggled last night although the poor pitch had something to do with it too. Now, Sanchez has to do it again next week to silence his critics.
250 Yards passing and 3 TD's, 0 Int's. If that's "struggling", I hope he keeps struggling.
No one is arguing Sanchez's numbers, in fact I am one of his supporters, the guy that I was referring as struggling was Allen.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

side note:

Is it me or does Kyle Wilson CB, look like Jan Brady, trying to cover receivers? Cut yo dreads

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

vinny-b wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:You and half of the broadcasting community. At least they brought it up in last nights game. Two weeks ago against the Vikings, the broadcasting crew basically made fun of him for wearing shades in the Metrodome. I'm pretty sure that's why they brought it up last night right away. I love the lack of research done before games by the media.
DB: yes. Kinda similar to Cris Collinsworth (who i do like) last night referring to Braylon Edwards being with Stallworth when he mowed that person over. He really should've been corrected
I thought he said that he was with him that night...partying. Which was true wasn't it? I've heard that multiple times. Sure, he wasn't in the car, but he was with him, drinking wasn't he?

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
vinny-b wrote:DB: yes. Kinda similar to Cris Collinsworth (who i do like) last night referring to Braylon Edwards being with Stallworth when he mowed that person over. He really should've been corrected
I thought he said that he was with him that night...partying. Which was true wasn't it? I've heard that multiple times. Sure, he wasn't in the car, but he was with him, drinking wasn't he?
yes. Edwards was in the bar. However, the statement Collinsworth made was misleading. Big difference between drinking in a bar and then checking in the hotel on the premises, versus being in the same car responsible for vehicular homicide. In this case at least, Edwards took the right action

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Yeah, that Braylon Edwards is just misunderstood. Damn media!!
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

This game could go either way, although it's hard to see the Bears winning a game without being able to actually block. In any event, I already have a new Bears-Packers memory to add to the data bank: Watching Frank Omiyale repeatedly gape stupidly as a one-armed DT runs by him like he was a traffic cone instead of a person paid to put his body between defenders and the QB. Two sacks on the same drive where the Packers only rushed 3...and not coverage sacks.

That is some historically awful OL play.

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Man, that Packers team is 100 different kind of stupid. I'll take it though! :)

Kudos to Martz for once again finding a way to win a game in the second half with no OL. I'd never want that guy for a HC, but he can coordinate himself some offense.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I just can't believe we're...excuse me the bears are 3-0.

This means I need to keep picking against them every week in my pool.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:Man, that Packers team is 100 different kind of stupid. I'll take it though! :)

Kudos to Martz for once again finding a way to win a game in the second half with no OL. I'd never want that guy for a HC, but he can coordinate himself some offense.

The Packers are indeed morons. Gratz to them on their record breaking performance...Still even with all those penalties I cant believe they lost THAT game.

Martz iz definately a brilliant offensive mind who I found offensive as a head coach. Three straight 500 point seasons with the Rams 99-01 when it only been done, I think, 11 or 12 times in the leagues history does say something for his abilty.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Main differences between this years Bears and last seasons and why they are sucking me in to root for them.

1. They make adjustment something woefully lacking in the past. Maybe that's due to Martz or any number of ex head coaches they brought it but it's refreshing to know that after halftime the Bears are going to try and adjust.

2. They hold players accountable. Tommy Harris not dressed is good, frankly guy should of been gone long ago with his work ethic. But last night after Bowman missed yet another tackle I said out loud "Get him out of there" and you know what, they did and his replacement played a pretty decent game making some good tackles. Even the one he missed, he got up and pursued and recovered the fumble. That's what I'm looking for, effort.

3. They take chances. Sure going for it on 4th down is going to be questioned again, but for years I was sick of the play it safe Bears. they aren't playing it safe so far this season, when they recovered that fumble I expected run. run, play action. Nope these Bears emptied the backfield and thanks to the meat head, cheese heads got some breaks.

The continue to do these things then win or lose, it's going to be really easy to root for them.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I agree with Dan. The big problem with the 2009 Bears was a lack of fire and little accountability. Not the case this year, even though they have most of the same talent issues they had last year. Some other things I have liked:

--Run defense really looks solid. They are attacking rushers like they haven't done in years.

--They are not wedded to the "Bears football" mentality on offense. Martz knows they can't run as well as they can pass, so he's making playcalls that play into the (few) stengths his offense has.

--Johnny Knox is turning into a solid #2 receiver. They still need a legit #1, but Knox looks pretty darn good, especially for a second-year, mid-round pick from a small school.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the next five games, all against teams they should be able to beat.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Chargers and Raiders blacked out this weekend! By all means, let's make sure that L.A. gets another team...stat! :)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah, LA doesn't need another team. We've got much better stuff to blow our 400 dollars worth of ticket money on...like botox, the latest beemer or granite countertops in our 900sq. foot, 800K home. :lol:

jcalvert
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by jcalvert »

Anyone taking in a game today? Going to ATL in a little while. Falcons favored by 7. A lot of the folks that make a living on this sort of thing are picking the Niners as the sexy pick of the week. Trap game for the Falcons and revenge factor from last year.

I can buy into the trap game theory; last week was a very emotional win. The Falcons have played great in the Dome under Smith, so I think that the trap game thing will play out. Pundits are also saying that the Niners are looking for revenge after last year's throttling at home. Not sure I buy into that one either; Niners have too many issues to worry about last year.

I do think the the Niners are better than their record indicates. Hopefully not better enough to take out ATL.

Go Falcons!
jcalvert
www.calvertgames.com

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Yeah, LA doesn't need another team. We've got much better stuff to blow our 400 dollars worth of ticket money on...like botox, the latest beemer or granite countertops in our 900sq. foot, 800K home. :lol:
I hope you're kidding about the 900sq ft, 800k house. Wouldn't surprise me if it's still true lol.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

jcalvert wrote:Anyone taking in a game today? Going to ATL in a little while. Falcons favored by 7. A lot of the folks that make a living on this sort of thing are picking the Niners as the sexy pick of the week. Trap game for the Falcons and revenge factor from last year.

I can buy into the trap game theory; last week was a very emotional win. The Falcons have played great in the Dome under Smith, so I think that the trap game thing will play out. Pundits are also saying that the Niners are looking for revenge after last year's throttling at home. Not sure I buy into that one either; Niners have too many issues to worry about last year.

I do think the the Niners are better than their record indicates. Hopefully not better enough to take out ATL.

Go Falcons!
After a Ram victory, not many things in the NFL make me happier than a Niner loss. Yes indeed. Go Falcons!

Enjoy the game.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TD Rams!

I know its only 7-0 but god damn its another week and another lead...I like this seasons new trend of actually scoring TDs and doing it while the game is still competetive :D

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10-3 Rams at the half...I could get used to this...

The lead could have been larger but for an INT pass from the Hawks 2 yd line but what you gonna do? Rookie stuff happens. Keep on chucking Sammy boy!

and...

LETS GO RAMS!!!!!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TD Rams...17-3...

A two TD lead for two straight weeks as Sam exploited the pass to the back flaw in the NFL 2010.

Lets see if we can hold the lead as last week the 14-0 lead was NOT kept.

LETS GO RAMS!!!!!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

XXXIV wrote:TD Rams...17-3...

A two TD lead for two straight weeks as Sam exploited the pass to the back flaw in the NFL 2010.

LETS GO RAMS!!!!!
Stop gloating or i'll predict your guys the winner and you know what that means. :)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rodster wrote:
XXXIV wrote:TD Rams...17-3...

LETS GO RAMS!!!!!
Stop gloating or i'll predict your guys the winner and you know what that means. :)

Gloating?!?! ...Im horrified!....Im describing my journey into the Twilight Zone.

Jinxy keep it shut!