Madden 11 Impressions

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 11 Impressions

Post by Lancer »

Post patch impressions :

1.Running game seems more balanced now.
2.You can put together drives on offense now, instead of the big play. But the big play is still there.
3.Gameflow works better, that's why #2 works.
4.CPU Offense seems to pull big plays out of their axx. Especially on 3rd down. You stuff them 1st and 2nd downs and 3rd down they get a big play.
5.4th qtr is still a frenzy. I think they can't fix this part of the game. Both me and the cpu always score tons of points in the 4th qtr. usually goes back and forth.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Had to see this one coming. PastaPadre reports:

"The latest patch for Madden 11 seems to have resurrected the scorebar pop-up ads that first appeared in Madden 10. Drawing the ire of many gamers who contacted me regarding the issue, this form of advertising was thought to have been removed for this year due to the heavy ad placement found in different areas of the game.

Madden 11 is anything but short on product placement, though for the most part the ads fit within the context of the NFL presentation. The use of Old Spice has been arguably the most irritating of the bunch, with the company even sponsoring the “swagger” rating.

With the prevalence of downloadable content (which has been particularly apparent in its attempted milking of consumers this year), the already well established in-game advertising, and the “Online Pass”, the hope was the pop-up ad would not return. Unfortunately EA Sports never really ruled it out. That it wasn’t in the game initially and is only showing up now could be an indication that gamers influenced where the company went with the idea."

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/10/01/po ... -to-madden

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Yawn
GT = Wilk5280

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

GTHobbes wrote:Had to see this one coming. PastaPadre reports:

"The latest patch for Madden 11 seems to have resurrected the scorebar pop-up ads that first appeared in Madden 10. Drawing the ire of many gamers who contacted me regarding the issue, this form of advertising was thought to have been removed for this year due to the heavy ad placement found in different areas of the game.

Madden 11 is anything but short on product placement, though for the most part the ads fit within the context of the NFL presentation. The use of Old Spice has been arguably the most irritating of the bunch, with the company even sponsoring the “swagger” rating.

With the prevalence of downloadable content (which has been particularly apparent in its attempted milking of consumers this year), the already well established in-game advertising, and the “Online Pass”, the hope was the pop-up ad would not return. Unfortunately EA Sports never really ruled it out. That it wasn’t in the game initially and is only showing up now could be an indication that gamers influenced where the company went with the idea."

Thank you for consistently keeping us up to date with anything negative regarding Madden and/or EA..... :roll:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

DivotMaker wrote:Thank you for consistently keeping us up to date with anything negative regarding Madden and/or EA..... :roll:
Well the Backbreaker thread isn't on the front page anymore because NO ONE IS PLAYING THAT TURD. He needed somewhere to post his football news.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I think we really need to stray from the accepted standard of one thread per title for Madden to allow GThobbes to have his own thread where he can continue to entertain himself.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

We've had one gameplay impressions post (from Lancer) in the last 3 weeks. This thread would be dead, too, if not for me propping it up with Madden news every week, and others posting about what the latest trade-in value is. Shoot the messenger all you want, but I can't help it if the only news that comes out about Madden is negative. Thank Tiburon for that.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

GTHobbes wrote:This thread would be dead, too, if not for me propping it up with Madden news every week
Then let it die...it's just proving that you like to entertain yourself when you post this stuff because you're the only one bumping it.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Leebo33 wrote:
GTHobbes wrote:This thread would be dead, too, if not for me propping it up with Madden news every week
Then let it die...it's just proving that you like to entertain yourself when you post this stuff because you're the only one bumping it.
Whenever there's news about Madden -- I'll post it, which is what I always thought a videogame forum was for. I'm not going to let the same few people prevent me from putting it out there -- thought that would've been readily apparent by now, but I guess not, since they always pipe in with the same ol' tired remarks with every news story I post. f*** 'em.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Kind of like those sales numbers you posted?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Jared's already said it's ok to post negative things about a game even someone considers it trolling. Either don't respond to the person or put them on your ignore list.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

GTHobbes wrote: Whenever there's bad or negative news about Madden or EA -- I'll post it, which is what I always thought a videogame forum was for. I'm not going to let the same few people prevent me from putting it out there -- thought that would've been readily apparent by now, but I guess not, since they always remind me that I hate EA so much that I feel compelled to post any negative news story I can find.
Fixed. :roll:

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Trust me, Divot...if you venture away from the EA Game Changer forums, you'll see that you don't have to look very far for negative news about Madden, NBA Delete or your Tiger game. (NHL and FIFA are different stories, and for good reason). For whatever reason, I'm just the one who usually cares enough to post it here. But like you've been reminded, there's always ignore.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

GTHobbes wrote:NBA Delete
LMAO :)

Did you make that up or did you find it elsewhere?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I'm actually growing weary of reading this board lately. Never thought that would happen.

It's becoming more of the shame sh*t that's plagued other boards.

Sad, really.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Rodster wrote:Jared's already said it's ok to post negative things about a game even someone considers it trolling. Either don't respond to the person or put them on your ignore list.
It's my opinion, it would be better to create a "Madden Series Non-Gameplay related discussion" thread for those interested in discussing sales numbers, in game ads, DLC pricing or other topics not related to the game itself. It could even be consolidated to make it an "EA Sports Non-Gameplay related thread." The reason why is that I hate the ignore function is because almost everyone here has offered something valuable to me over the years even whether it be a movie or album recommendation, head's up on a deal, advice in a OT thread, etc. I've enjoyed GT's posts on The Show, music, the Steelers, etc. It's not even the criticism that bothers me. I'd be the last person to complain about that. If he would have posted that he was playing Madden last night and a popup ad came on the screen and it pissed him off then I'd be fine with that. It's the consistent reposting and linking to *other people's* negative thoughts and articles that is annoying. Opinions I'm all for. Trolling I hate. And posting that you find it odd that there are no impressions after a patch for a game that you hate is trolling. I like Madden, but have been really enjoying NHL and FIFA. But I'm still interested in reading about it and it's just frustrating that one person has basically taken the thread hostage.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Sorry, Leebo. Said that way, I apologize and will knock it off in this thread. Glad you're enjoying the game.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

No need to apologize, man. I'm surprised you could even understand my post considering the number of grammatical errors. Go Steelers!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I created a US Sales thread to discuss sales related info but no one cared. :lol:

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Leebo33 wrote:No need to apologize, man. I'm surprised you could even understand my post considering the number of grammatical errors. Go Steelers!
I'll drink to that (Stillers goin' 4-0 this weekend)!

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

NM

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

GTHobbes wrote:Trust me, Divot...if you venture away from the EA Game Changer forums, you'll see that you don't have to look very far for negative news about Madden, NBA Delete or your Tiger game. (NHL and FIFA are different stories, and for good reason). For whatever reason, I'm just the one who usually cares enough to post it here. But like you've been reminded, there's always ignore.
Hey hobbes, go have a look at how many posts I have made in the "Game Changer" forums. Maybe 5 whole posts in over a year. Get your facts straight or shut up. I post here and at OS quite a bit, so again, don't pretend you know the first f*ing thing about me or where I post.

As far as Madden and NBA, I could give two shits. I come into this thread to see if there is interesting news about Madden that might get me interested in the game. Yet every other post it seems, you have your daily dose of "EA/Madden Sucks" to share with the forum. Even though others don't care for it, you continue to post any and everything negative about EA here and in any EA-related thread. Your agenda is so old and tired and users here are tired of it. Sadly, you are oblivious to it.

As far as Tiger 11 is concerned, best TW console game ever released and it is incredibly good and challenging with the PS3 Move. Tiger has been doing pretty well lately and the EA forums are in pretty good shape with alot of excitement regarding the Move and what Kinnect might bring. Sorry to rain on your anti-EA parade....

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Yes, it's ok to post negative things...

...however, when it gets tired and predictable, it gets tired and predictable.

And just because there's an ignore option doesn't mean that everyone is free to troll. And GTHobbes, from your Game Changer comment (and a bunch of other posts), you are seriously on the troll side of the fence.

So to clarify.

Yes, it's OK to post negative things. But at the same time, there's a basic level of...I don't know, quality necessary in the posts to make for an interesting forum. And simply reposting things over and over again (like Leebo said) is not interesting. It's boring, tired, etc.

So please stop. Seriously.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Posting negative things for a game in which you do not have puzzles me.

It would be like me going into the Backbreaker thread and posting all the negative stuff.. I don't have the game, so why should I care?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

GTHobbes wrote:Had to see this one coming. PastaPadre reports:

I don't know why this is a big deal. Its only there for a few seconds and disappears when you snap the ball. I don't mind the ads, at least adds something different to the eye from time to time.