Codemasters presents F1 2010

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Codemasters presents F1 2010

Post by fletcher21 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Okay...we get it fletch you don't like it. Sell it and move on. The rest of us like it...so stop trying to convince everyone your opinion is grand. We get enough of that in the Madden forum. :)
Yeah. I guess I am just being a baby and venting. I just feel like I was lied to. Oh well. More to life.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

If you go looking for problems then you may well find them, i didnt read Fletchs bugs i didnt go to CM forums, if i suspect something i will then delve deeper MYSELF. So far ive got no problems with it absolutely love the driving model.

Fletch Post a friggin spoiler alert not everyone wants to tear these games down for the hell of it, if you'd just played the game yourself and figured all those questions out your self then im guessing you'd be still enjoying it.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

I am not trying to ruin it for anyone. Whatever happened to being objective? Seems like there is fraud going on, and I brought it up. I am not trying to ruin anyone's enjoyment of the game, just don't wanna see someone left in the dark like I was. I guess I should have just said nothing. Like I said, I didn't mean any harm.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

If we don't talk about a problem then it doesn't exist right. Fletch, you are on the receiving end of posting some thing true about a game that everyone likes.

I never watch races. I never watch the CPU unless is the car sitting right in front of me and somehow I feel obliged to crash into it. All I know is, that the time may be arbitrary but unless you watch a race then you will never know. I just finished 20th at Malaysia because I had to f'n stop to get intermediates. Stupid strategy. But I had fun doing it. I don't feel cheated by the AI because how would I know what Hamilton or Massa is doing they are usually on the other side of the track. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fletcher21 wrote:I guess if you want an honest racing game you have to stick to PC games like rFactor.
Actually, the AI in most rFactor mods is HORRIFIC.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Whoa. What a difference a day makes:)

Can't believe anybody is having issues with this game. I'm also confused as to why anyone would want to watch the CPU cars go around the track during practice sessions. The only thing that matters is what you're doing in your car and how fast you're going around the track. I also think the level of dismay that fletch is conveying here is bizarre. Hopefully we can get back to discussing the merits of the game soon enough and also get a nice MP session going.

The racing model is tight as heck. My palms were literally sweating from the stress of my first race in Bahrain (I did 20 laps). I started my career on the second level up from easy and I'll probably be bumping that up for race two. During time trials I managed to post a respectable 1:56 something at Bahrain but couldn't get much below 1:59 something during the career mode. That was kinda cool to see the difference between my career car and the cars in the TT. I'm not a tinkerer though (I don't pretend to know a thing about messing with an F1 car :) ) so I wouldn't even know where to begin with why the times were so different.

Finally: I did get one odd moment of slow down (graphically) during a practice session in Melbourne. I was coming into a corner and the game suddenly started stuttering for 1-2 secs and then finally chugged back to normal. It of course caused my to go spinning off of the track. If that happens in a race or during qualifying I'll be upset.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
fletcher21 wrote:I guess if you want an honest racing game you have to stick to PC games like rFactor.
Actually, the AI in most rFactor mods is HORRIFIC.
Horrific?! Now now you're being way to nice. The AI in rFactor is like taking part in a drunken chariot race with one missing wheel. :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

macsomjrr wrote: Finally: I did get one odd moment of slow down (graphically) during a practice session in Melbourne. I was coming into a corner and the game suddenly started stuttering for 1-2 secs and then finally chugged back to normal. It of course caused my to go spinning off of the track. If that happens in a race or during qualifying I'll be upset.
8O That's exactly what's been happening to me too. Are you running Windows 7? The problem went away by running it under XP.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Got no problems with pointing out floors in the games just warn the people first especially if your bringing something from another forum.
Just hearing about this stuff has already dampened my spirits on it. So it has effected me somewhat.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Got no problems with pointing out floors in the games just warn the people first especially if your bringing something from another forum.
Just hearing about this stuff has already dampened my spirits on it. So it has effected me somewhat.
Yeah I don't blame Fletch but yeah your right there should have been a spoiler alert because I was set on getting the 360 version and now i'm no longer interested. I'll stick with the PC version.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Jimmy and Rod:

I am sorry that my posts have affected you guys negatively. I was honestly just passing along some info that I found in case someone was on the fence about the game. Rodster just said it affected a possible 360 purchase for him, so I dunno. Looking back, I should have just said "there are some hidden flaws in this game" and left it at that. The last thing I wanna do is ruin someone's experience. I was just frustrated after a 14 hour work day to find out the game wasn't as I had seen the day before. I PM'd Scoop, asking him to delete my replies so I don't spoil it for anyone else. Again, I am sorry to have affected anyone's experience. I thought I was doing a service to the DSP community, but I guess not. :oops:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

fletcher21 wrote:Jimmy and Rod:

I am sorry that my posts have affected you guys negatively. I was honestly just passing along some info that I found in case someone was on the fence about the game. Rodster just said it affected a possible 360 purchase for him, so I dunno. Looking back, I should have just said "there are some hidden flaws in this game" and left it at that. The last thing I wanna do is ruin someone's experience. I was just frustrated after a 14 hour work day to find out the game wasn't as I had seen the day before. I PM'd Scoop, asking him to delete my replies so I don't spoil it for anyone else. Again, I am sorry to have affected anyone's experience. I thought I was doing a service to the DSP community, but I guess not. :oops:
Nah, I can't blame you. As big as this is probably going to be for Codemaster's on Monday, word would have gotten out sooner rather than later. Next time just start a thread with a Spoiler Alert and the name of the game.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

fletcher21 wrote:Jimmy and Rod:

LOL my post wasn't directed at you, some guys on here can't take it when you talk about problem if they like a game. See BB, Madden and NCAA. It's what some of the guys here do, if they really like the game they don't want to hear any criticism. I was being sarcastic not really directed at you but at those that responded to your posts.

Fletch, I've been on the receiving end of the venom plenty times. So I wasn't saying you shouldn't have posted. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Wrong !

What guys don't like here is when people have an agenda against a company. Having a problem with a game and saying so is one thing but when people hide behind the negatives of a game because they really hate EA or some other company, that's what guys hate here.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Fletch, the needlessly hyperbolic stuff is all that I'd worry about with your earlier posts - the game has flaws, and pointing them out if you experience them or linking to the Codies forum is cool with me. It's exactly the same game it was the day before, and you seemed to like it then so I'd have thought you might still get some joy from it. I kept on liking Christmas when I found out that Santa wasn't real, so stick at it and see how you end up feeling.

Moving on...

Something that's bugging me a bit, particularly in time trial mode, but whether it's a flaw in the game or my character, I'm not sure: I wish I'd grown beyond being frustrated at getting silly penalties for barely straying off course or just nudging someone. They annoyed me in ToCA Race Driver 3 too, and it seems the passing of 4 years has done nothing to fix that. Still, if I stayed on the road more often I'd have less of a problem on my hands, I suppose.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Rodster wrote:Wrong !

What guys don't like here is when people have an agenda against a company. Having a problem with a game and saying so is one thing but when people hide behind the negatives of a game because they really hate EA or some other company, that's what guys hate here.
No one has an agenda.

I read fletch's original post. If it doesn't affect me than I won't have a problem with it.

Maybe Jared should offer a spoiler button like OS where stuff like this can hide. And if people want to read you can.

All I know with F1 is that if I become good with racing then maybe stuff like this will affect me but I'm concerned with actually staying on the track now.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Let's keep this on topic fellas.

There are ways to post spoilers without a spoiler tag. Just insert a quote tag, type the word spoilers, type the spoiler and change the text of the spoiler to white. People who want to read it can highlight it and others won't have anything spoiled. Example below.
Spoilers:
This text is white so you can't read it. If you are reading this you have highlighted the text. Handle future spoilers like this until a spoilers feature is added.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

ScoopBrady wrote:Let's keep this on topic fellas.

There are ways to post spoilers without a spoiler tag. Just insert a quote tag, type the word spoilers, type the spoiler and change the text of the spoiler to white. People who want to read it can highlight it and others won't have anything spoiled. Example below.
Spoilers:
This text is white so you can't read it. If you are reading this you have highlighted the text. Handle future spoilers like this until a spoilers feature is added.
Nice 8)

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Scoop: That works.

Going to a new track, is a new adventure. The stages of a new track.

Stage 1: How am I going to be fast on this?
Stage 2: Okay well I'm staying on the track now to get fast.
Stage 3: Hmm maybe it's not so bad and I can qualify respectably.
Stage 4: I think I got it, now on to Race Day.
Stage 5: On no forgot about that turn.
Stage 6: Repeat.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Rodster wrote:Any of you guys with the PC version experiencing major slowdowns, like at certain parts of a track the game will pause and start up almost as if it's literally in slide show mode? :?

I was thinking either my CPU or GPU where throttling back from heat but while bought CPU/GPU are running hot it shouldn't be enough to cause that or I hope not. Btw it's unpredictable as it can strat to happen within 3 laps or 10 laps and then it clears up for awhile then starts back up again.
There is a site that is compiling all the bugs and workarounds for all versions of F1 2010.

http://segmentnext.com/2010/09/23/f1-20 ... zes-fixes/

Here is what it says regarding the slow FPS, stuttering, freezing bug.
3# Frame Skips, Low FPS, Lag
PC version of the game may be experiencing all this due to a massive replay file, too much data writing occurs on that file causing the lag and frame skips, when you go back to the game after having watched a replay.
You can find the file here.

C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne\DataCache\Ad ministrator\replay replay.pbf

You can set the replay.pbf file to read only and see if that helps. Or you can try the workaround below.

Windows XP Thanks @Fergo for suggestion.
1. Download Winbolic Link

2. Delete the original replay folder (don’t worry) and create a symbolic link with the name “replay” in that same directory. It will re-create a folder called replay (that’s why you delete the original one first) but this time it will be a link.

3. Create as a “Junction”, because it’s implemented directly in the file system, so you have best performance.

To all applications and to explorer itself, it will look like a regular folder, you won’t be “redirected” to the target one, but any file you copy inside it will also appear in the target (if not, then there’s something wrong with the junction).

Windows Vista/Windows 7 Thanks @n1x1n for the suggestion.

1. Delete original replay folder (and file) by exploring to

ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne\DataCache\yourc omputersname\

2. Open Command Prompt with admin privileges (search ‘cmd’ and right click on cmd.exe and select ‘Run as Administrator’)

3. Use mklink to create the symbolic link. Edit it according to your own game directory location.

mklink /D C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne\DataCache\yo urcomputersname\ E:\Games\F12010\replay

4. When launching the game, the 2GB replay.pbf file will be written to the file location you have specified. If you write this file to another hard drive, resources are freed up for your OS and game performance will increase.

Alternate Fix Thanks @ Mark in comments for Tip.
Go to the My F1 screen and then “Audio” and change the default Rapture setting to Software.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

People are more than welcome to post game flaws here, even if they come from another forums...people might like to know.

If, for some reason, the flaw is one that does ruin the game completely (and I'm not sure this one counts), then use the spoiler tag. An example of that kind of flaw would be that Madden run/pass bug from a few years back.

Carry on...

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Nice thanks Don. I thought something like that was taking place. Whenever I got that massive slowdown I tried to take a quick look over at my HDD LED to see if it was thrashing but I don't think I caught it in time because I was glued to the screen waiting for it to clear up. I'll try that and see if it helps.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

JRod wrote:Scoop: That works.

Going to a new track, is a new adventure. The stages of a new track.

Stage 1: How am I going to be fast on this?
Stage 2: Okay well I'm staying on the track now to get fast.
Stage 3: Hmm maybe it's not so bad and I can qualify respectably.
Stage 4: I think I got it, now on to Race Day.
Stage 5: On no forgot about that turn.
Stage 6: Repeat.
Thats about right :D
I did turn the arrows on for corners on new tracks in practice just too learn it then turn it off for qualy and race, usually have it by then.

Oh and its Flaws lol i apologize again to anyone who has to read my posts i know im a moron and thanks for not pointing it out.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Does anyone know how you can ask for intermediate tires or wets after the race has begun. I had to restart a race because it started raining during a race but the race strategy only called for options and primes.