TEST of new forum

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: TEST of new forum

Post by GB_Simo »

GB_Simo wrote:How exactly do we go about embedding videos in this shiny new wonderland of ours?
I was really asking, you know, and I notice Danimal's having the same problem in the Backbreaker thread, so I'll bring this up again. Jared, is there something you need to switch on to allow the embedding of videos or are we being a bit dim?
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

OK, to get it work, I've added a youtube code. (The forum software doesn't allow lots of html insertion, for security reasons.)

Basically, within [youtube] and [/youtube], you just paste the URL in the address. Make sure that the url starts with http://www

For other kinds of videos, let me know what you want to be able to do - I'll add it to the forum's capabilities.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

You tube should cover most but for EA sports world highlights I am thinking we'll need flash video support
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Jared wrote:OK, to get it work, I've added a youtube code. (The forum software doesn't allow lots of html insertion, for security reasons.)

Basically, within [youtube] and [/youtube], you just paste the URL in the address. Make sure that the url starts with http://www

For other kinds of videos, let me know what you want to be able to do - I'll add it to the forum's capabilities.

Thanks, Jared! We really appreciate all the extra work you've put in lately, particularly with a new addition in the house as well.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Danimal wrote:You tube should cover most but for EA sports world highlights I am thinking we'll need flash video support
I believe that there is Flash video support (see the Flash tag), but I haven't tested it with any EA videos. I MIGHT be able to get to it today, if not, it'll have to wait until next week.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Jared can you add the quote button in offline mode? It makes it convenient if you see a thread you want to respond to and haven't logged into DSP.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Jared wrote:OK, to get it work, I've added a youtube code. (The forum software doesn't allow lots of html insertion, for security reasons.)

You're a beautiful, beautiful man, mate. Thanks for all the time and effort you've put in.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Rodster wrote:Jared can you add the quote button in offline mode? It makes it convenient if you see a thread you want to respond to and haven't logged into DSP.
Are you asking to be able to post anonymously (i.e. without logging in)? If so, that's not possible, unless you want the forums to be SPAMFest 2010. If you were asking about something else, can you clarify?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Jared wrote:
Rodster wrote:Jared can you add the quote button in offline mode? It makes it convenient if you see a thread you want to respond to and haven't logged into DSP.
Are you asking to be able to post anonymously (i.e. without logging in)? If so, that's not possible, unless you want the forums to be SPAMFest 2010. If you were asking about something else, can you clarify?
Yeah i'm asking about something else. For example I just happen to see what was new and I wasn't logged in. I read your post without being logged in, and I wanted to reply and quote your message but I couldn't because I wasn't logged in. So I had to login then I went to your reply then clicked on the quote button.

It's convenient to be able to have a quote button that brings you up to the login screen, you login then you post your reply. IOW it cuts down on the step of first logging in. You get logged in even if you click on the quote button. It was available on the old forums. If I still need to clarify let me know. :)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Why don't you just stay logged in you pain in the ass? :lol:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Cause i'm lazy damn it. :)

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Hey Jared, is there any chance the forum software supports a hover preview of post contents? Right now it displays post time, but I think content is more useful.

No worries if it doesn't. Just thought I'd check.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

GameSeven wrote:Hey Jared, is there any chance the forum software supports a hover preview of post contents? Right now it displays post time, but I think content is more useful.

And if it does, can we turn it off based on our account because I f'n hate that. :lol:

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Since there aren't too many ads here, how about putting the text of new posts in the email notifications so that you don't have to load the thread page to read the new post?

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
GameSeven wrote:Hey Jared, is there any chance the forum software supports a hover preview of post contents? Right now it displays post time, but I think content is more useful.

And if it does, can we turn it off based on our account because I f'n hate that. :lol:
Yeah, I figured it wouldn't float everyone's boat. It doesn't occur to me to look for a preview often, but on rare occasions... That Hydro Thunder Post on the front page for example... 8)

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

FYI, I'm out of town, will try and get at these requests sometime next week.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm not sure how I didn't see this before but there is a way to actual ignore someone with this forum software.

Bring up their profile and add them as a foe and the site now hides their posts.

Just posting this in case other people didn't know it existed like myself.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:I'm not sure how I didn't see this before but there is a way to actual ignore someone with this forum software.

Bring up their profile and add them as a foe and the site now hides their posts.

Just posting this in case other people didn't know it existed like myself.
Thanks, time to test out this new feature. :lol:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I just noticed that there is no post edit message. We used to have that after editing a message.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

I've re-enabled it - 10 minute editing time after writing a post. I can make it longer if people have preferences.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks, 10 minutes is more than enough time for me. :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Jared bring back the edit button please :)

What I was referring to, was that usually after a certain amount of time if you edit your post it would say so at the bottom of the post i.e. this post was edited by Rodster at date and time. We can't edit a anymore after 10 minutes because the edit button goes away.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Getting a bunch of AVG Virus/Spyware alerts from DSP tonight. Might want to check on that Jared. Only site it's happening on that I visit regularly.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Getting a bunch of AVG Virus/Spyware alerts from DSP tonight. Might want to check on that Jared. Only site it's happening on that I visit regularly.
Yep...I keep getting a warning from url - http://onlineisdudescars.com/js.php
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701