Codemasters presents F1 2010

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Codemasters presents F1 2010

Post by Rodster »

I prefer the cockpit view but usually switch to hood view if I find myself wandering off track. In Colin McRae games I quickly go to hood view because I have trouble deciphering the center of the road. Hood view quickly clears that up.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I have no problem with the various views in racing games, and while I usually use cockpit mode I will change it if it gives me more awareness of my surroundings without affecting my driving, as like has been said you get a lot more feedback in real life that just can't be replicated in a game. (Never could do behind the car views though).

Having said that, I have sat in a NASCAR stock car before, and was absolutely blown away by the limited view. Of course maybe it was set up for Boris Said...
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

jcalvert
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by jcalvert »

I am really looking forward to this one and have been watching the news, notes, videos, screen grabs, etc over the last few months. I think I am going to finally have to pick up a wheel - looking to see what I can sell to come up with the funds for a Logitech G27. Then there is convincing my wife that it is not that big a deal to have all the cords and wires in the living room, which is probably a harder sell than the $250 for the G27!!!

As far as views go, I typically go with full screen or dashboard. Neither may be that "realistic" but they give me the most enjoyment.
jcalvert
www.calvertgames.com

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It's now available for preorder at Amazon.com

360: http://www.amazon.com/F1-2010-Xbox-360/ ... 798&sr=8-2

PS3: http://www.amazon.com/F1-2010-Playstati ... 798&sr=8-1

Damn I wanted to order it for the PC but it's not listed. :(

jcalvert
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by jcalvert »

Thanks for the links Rodster. It has been available for pre-order for a while; I pre-ordered the PS3 version on July 10. :D
jcalvert
www.calvertgames.com

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

I'm kicking myself for not getting in on the Logitech store deal a week or so ago where they offered the G27 for $179. I put it in my cart and pissed around for an hour or so, and when I went back the deal was over. I'm hoping there are some wheel deals closer to the time GT5 is released.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

If you can't grab a G27 and can live without having very many buttons (the alternative I'm about to propose has exactly 2 buttons on its face), it might be worth looking around for a discounted G25. I don't use a steering wheel on console games, but my G25 has been a fixture at my PC desk for not far off 3 years now and it's still running as well as the day I bought it.

For those who don't check the Racing Sim Thread, chiefly those who like the whole digital downloading thing where you get the same product without a box or any printed materials but end up paying more, pre-orders are ready to roll here:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/44310/?l=english
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

toonarmy wrote:I'm kicking myself for not getting in on the Logitech store deal a week or so ago where they offered the G27 for $179. I put it in my cart and pissed around for an hour or so, and when I went back the deal was over. I'm hoping there are some wheel deals closer to the time GT5 is released.
Wow -- that's a smokin' deal on a G27. But Adam is right: The G25 still is a hell of a wheel.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

I think Codemaster's interpretation of F1 will be interesting. And I know I'm in the minority but I think they can make a fun game that's not hugely technical. We'll see.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

JRod wrote:I think Codemaster's interpretation of F1 will be interesting. And I know I'm in the minority but I think they can make a fun game that's not hugely technical. We'll see.
I think that's exactly what the Codies will make, Rod: A relaxed console sim. It will be fun.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Well im really looking forward to it , havnt broke my wheel out in quite a while.
Hope it handles better than f1 championship.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

F1: 2010 360/PS3

Post by Rodster »

For those interested in picking this up. Kmart will be selling the game on release day for $44.99 8)

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: F1: 2010 360/PS3

Post by GB_Simo »

Because sometimes, having a look at page 2 of the board for a thread you posted in fairly recently, you beautiful man, just won't cut it...

On the off-chance that we're not doing the one-stop thread, forum policing shizz anymore, that sounds like a nice price for what's shaping up to be a very, very solid racer.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

My bad I searched F1 2010 and nothing came up. I knew there was a thread on this game but forgot about it. Anyway thanks and i'll ask Jared or Scoop to merge this with the other thread, thanks !

:)

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Ah! I did that a month or so back looking for the original thread, mate. It ignores 'F1' when you enter that as a search term. Too short an entry, or something like that. What you end up with is all the posts that feature '2010', from the most recent onwards. I think I only found it because I remembered the thread title had Codemasters in it and searched for that too.

As you were, chaps.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

DB Simo.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Threads merged; carry on.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks for posting Zlax really looking forward to the game. I wish they had posted the PC review as well. I would have loved to read what kind of specs it takes to run it on a gaming rig. I'll buy the 360 version for sure next week at Kmart for $45 and hopefully there'll be a PC demo so I can get an idea how it runs with all the eye candy turned on.

My biggest concern was the AI but the review seems to indicate it's not a problem but Geoff Cammond's AI always set the standard for racing games. Even today Grand Prix 4's AI is still the benchmark for AI in a racing game. Can't wait to compare the two of them.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Game looks badass. I pre-ordered on Steam for the PC...36 bucks for the game ain't bad at all, and my wheel needs a good workout. It's been sitting in my closet for a while.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

The game could have received a 5/10 and still would be a day-one purchase for me, but it's nice to read a review and see that the game seems to be as killer as many of the videos have indicated. I am going to really give my surround system a workout when F1 comes out.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The Brits have chimed in and they give it an 8/10 :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... 010-review

"The AI intensifies things further. Admittedly, at their lowest level your competitors are little more than mobile chicanes, but up the difficulty and they become worthy – and mostly well-behaved – rivals, capitalising on the slightest overtake opportunity or valiantly defending their line. If there is a criticism it comes down to their occasional excessively skittish, nervous nature, which robs the game of a little authenticity. That said, there is a genuine tension when coming across the likes of Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel for the first time, even if their personalities aren't quite as apparent through their actions as you might hope.

The fundamental point is that in every other regard F1 2010 can consider itself champion material. The best F1 season in years deserves the best F1 game in years – thankfully, that's exactly what it's got."

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I'm certainly no F1 fan, but I am interested in this one as it represents more of a "closed" environment.

In Forza 3 for example, you had a large number of tracks and ridiculous amount of cars and whatnot, but never really felt engrossed in any of them, and I never really found a happy medium in terms of AI difficulty.

Kind of looking forward to "these are the cars, these are the tracks, and were gonna get this right."

Am I the only one that thinks sometimes a game is too big and too jack-of-all-trades?

I just hope I find the AI customizable, fun and challenging at the same time. I guess gamefly for me on this one.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Naples39 wrote:...Kind of looking forward to "these are the cars, these are the tracks, and were gonna get this right."

Am I the only one that thinks sometimes a game is too big and too jack-of-all-trades?.........
Absolutely!!! That is my problem with games in general these days. I don't have enough time, intelligence, focus, and dexterity to "beat" a game, or take it to it's full extent, and while the game may be awesome I am just lost in it. I have had this issue not just with racing games like Forza 3, but even many of the next gen sports games. Too many tweaking options and too wide open as to what to do and where to begin. For example TW for Wii seems like a great game, but I was just overwhelmed at what to do and how to do it. In previous consoles I bought literally every major sports title, every year. I have yet to purchase a next gen sports title because after renting or playing the demo, I realize there is no way I will be able to have time or motivation to make it worth the price. I guess I am getting too old that is for sure. That is one reason I have mainly focused on iRacing for any gaming time that I have.
dbdynsty25 wrote:Game looks badass. I pre-ordered on Steam for the PC...36 bucks for the game ain't bad at all, and my wheel needs a good workout. It's been sitting in my closet for a while.
Yep, I did the same. I was surprised at how well Dirt 2 ran on my PC, so I am hoping to have similar results with F1 2010 and run it with the Logitech G27. Virtualr.net also has just posted comparison screenshots of the game on PS3, 360, and PC.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Naples39 wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks sometimes a game is too big and too jack-of-all-trades?
Nope! I think that all the freakin time! One of the reasons I've been really enjoying the $10-$15 arcade games. I'm finding I'm playing them for as long as I play the more expensive titles. The full games are often packed full of more 'stuff,' but a lot of that 'stuff' is nothing that I'd get much use out of, or would tire of very quickly.