OT - Whats the word on Rockstar's Red, Dead Revolver?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT - Whats the word on Rockstar's Red, Dead Revolver?

Post by kevinpars »

I have not heard much about this game. Is it going to be GTA meets the old west or is it going to be a POS like 'State of Emergency"?

I know it has been in production for a long time - never a good sign. But I have been re-reading the Lonesome Dove books and am sort of in a western state of mind. Anyone have an opinion or heard anything about this one?

skidmark
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by skidmark »

Its been in production for so long because it was originally in development with another studio... they gave up on the game and rockstar bought them and brought it back to life and went to work adding their own flavor to it. I think it has potential to be kinda fun if it puts you into a Outlaw Josey Wales badass type role. All in all, these games are usually just amusing for a little while, then the game engine gets too repetitive. I haven't played a western videogame since gunsmoke on the nes.

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

I really hope this game turns out to be something special. I'm craving for a good western themed game. "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" is one of my favorites and "Kill Bill", with its Ennio Morricone music and half western theme has me itching for anything Spaghetti western right about now. Problem is that what's great about those kinds of movies isn't really the action sequences, but the tension between the action. The music, cinematography, chracters, and setting create are the real stars of those movies. THe action sequences are pretty few and far between. Anyone else dying for a ground breaking Western game?

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/510/510445p1.html

8.5 Presentation
Rockstar has done an excellent job stylizing this game out with Western techniques.

7.3 Graphics
The core graphics aren't so hot, and the basic engine isn't all that robust. The lighting and the art style, however, slick.

7.5 Sound
The core cast of voice actors do a reasonable job, but the music and sound effects are coolio.

7.0 Gameplay
Like the Dead Eye, love/hate the Duels, like the multiple characters, dislike the lack of polish and finesse given to this game.

7.0 Lasting Appeal
The core game is about eight to 12 hours long at max, with extra hours for multiplayer.
[url=http://sites.google.com/site/bmdsooner/]My place for games![/url]