OOTP 11

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

MizzouRah wrote:
Each box on that screenshot is a "widget" you can use some of them or all of them, it's up to you.. and well.. how big of a monitor you have. :)
Mine is 19". I know that's what she said. :lol:

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Just a heads up that I posted a set of new ballpark images on my OOTP Mod Website. I captured them from MLB 10: The Show. They provide a better angle than the ones included in the MLB All-In-1 that is available from Add-Ons Central in the game. Here's a sampling:

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I downloaded it last night. Used to be a PTP freak in high school. I see a major time waster in my future...
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Ballparks and widgets part II

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4650/ootp11.jpg

(Edited to link by Jared)

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

Are you simming or playing out games? If playing out...how is it...fun? challenging??

Tony

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

MUTTS wrote:Are you simming or playing out games? If playing out...how is it...fun? challenging??

Tony
I do a little bit of both, playing them out is very fun however. I just like to sim some as well so I can progress through seasons.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Ok I lied, I've been playing every single game. ;)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

and I'm now 3-12 to start the season.. ouch!

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

you suck. They have a historical database out of this yet?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Not sure, check the ootp forums.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I haven't been a baseball fan for nearly 20 years, but I must admit this game is damn fun. Definitely has that Football Manager mojo to it.

Call me a weak dog, but I'm just managing my team and letting the CPU act as the front office. The KISS theory works for me since I know so little about the strengths and weaknesses of current MLB players compared to when I was a kid, when I followed damn near everybody.

All-in-one mod is mega cool!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Yes it's quite addicting!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

So how does this game compare to Baseball Mogul? Basically what are the differences and which do you prefer?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Rodster wrote:So how does this game compare to Baseball Mogul? Basically what are the differences and which do you prefer?
Baseball mogul for me, is a good game to fast sim games, only making minor tweaks here and there, the depth is not even 1/10th of OOTP11, but it's still a fun game to burn a season or two in a sitting. I'm playing strictly the real MLB setup.

OOTP11 for me, is playing out all my games and making small tweaks as the season goes along, there is literally so much you can do, if you so desire. Facegen is awesome and the immersion for me is much higher than BM is... so needless to say, it's getting all my playing time and has me thinking about my next moves as GM/manager while I'm at work. :) I released all the players and did a full fantasy draft, so it's been quite fun thus far.

If I want to know how Pujols hits in day games, ootp can tell me that.. I spend hours just pouring over stats.

BM is more about simplicity and simming months at a time.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

OK, not to b*tch too much Jared, but there has to be a way to modify this forum so that huge images and long-ass links don't force the entire page of posts to go uber-wide forcing you to have to scroll left and right just to read normal text posts. Every other forum seems to have this!

It's annoying enough on the laptop, but it makes it downright impossible to read on the iPhone. :)

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

Taking a trip back in time with the 1980 Montreal Expos!

Best wishes,

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Zeppo wrote:OK, not to b*tch too much Jared, but there has to be a way to modify this forum so that huge images and long-ass links don't force the entire page of posts to go uber-wide forcing you to have to scroll left and right just to read normal text posts. Every other forum seems to have this!

It's annoying enough on the laptop, but it makes it downright impossible to read on the iPhone. :)
We're running DSP on really, really, really old forum software that is/was integrated with an old content management system. This old software doesn't have the ability (that I know of) to modify the forum as you requested via a settings change.

I could try and upgrade, but I'm really, really afraid of messing things up and then having to spend a bunch of time trying to fix the issues with whatever upgrade there is. The better solution would be to just blow it up and start with a new forum, but that also is a bit of work. So for now, I'm planning on just leaving things as is.

And in the meantime, people should just post smaller pictures. :D

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Here's what I want to do.

I want to play a season having all the Colorado Rockies team from 93-10. I can import historically every team since 2009 but I can't find a way just to import the 2010 rockies.