The next big sports game????

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

The next big sports game????

Post by JRod »

Another post made me think about this. What do you guys think the next big sports game will be?

A little perspective first, however. I would say that there have been several giant "hits" since the next-generation consoles hit the market. Yet, few of those big sellers had extraordinary gameplay. Take NFL 2k for example. It was primed to be a superstar in the world of football games. And after a few years of mistakes, lack of polish and a lot of refinement, it has become just another football game and not really a big seller. On the flip side, you have games like Inside Drive, great games but with something missing. Not only that but the sales for these games are a bit low. Then you have the MVPs, that sell a bunch but you don't really play them after the new game smell wears off.

So what is going to be the next High Heat, NCAA Football, Championship Manager, Winning Eleven even TOCA:2? In the end are we just destined to see less risk until the new systems are out, meaning that we'll get NCAA or a WE which will be great games with much asked for improvements but more of the same. Is the game market too expensive to see a smaller developer come in like VC and NFL 2k to shake up the gaming world?

Predictions...

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Im not sure if your talking about sales or great /fun games....

If its gameplay........
I have high hopes for INDY Car Series .

Cincinnati_Kid
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Cincinnati_Kid »

if Konami ever brought there Baseball game state side

i got a feeling that could be a big one
http://thecincinnatikid.blogspot.com

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Yes Cincy, I agree. I've been playing Pro Baseball Spirits for the last few days. All bow before the majesty of the bat-shaped cursor.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Slumberland wrote:Yes Cincy, I agree. I've been playing Pro Baseball Spirits for the last few days. All bow before the majesty of the bat-shaped cursor.
How have you been liking it? Any pros/cons?
[/thread hijack]

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Hit variety up the wazoo. It's a little too easy to make contact right now, but that's only because I can't find the screen where you can change pitch speeds. Making good contact is still extremely tough, however.

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

I'm extremely excited about Eastside Hockey Manager: Franchise Edition. I've played more EHM over the last two years than any sports game in the least 5 years at LEAST. You would probably have to go back to NHL 98 the last time i played a game this much, and i've still played more EHM than that. I have complete confidence that EHM:FE will be leaps and bounds better than the freeware game, and i would be happy with only relatively minor fixes to that game.