MLB 2k10

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

I've really been enjoying this game so far. I've only played a few regular games, but I've played about 50 total games of the "My Player" mode. It is much more enjoyable playing as a fielder compared to RTTS in The Show, no more spending more time in the loading screen than on the field. You can power up very quickly as well, I'm already in the majors and batting cleanup (although for the Pirates).

This game has a fun factor for me that has me playing for long hours each night so far. Although I have a PS3 I never took to The Show, and I'm actually skipping it for 2K10, even though I've thought the series basically sucked since 2K4.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

HipE wrote:I've really been enjoying this game so far. I've only played a few regular games, but I've played about 50 total games of the "My Player" mode. It is much more enjoyable playing as a fielder compared to RTTS in The Show, no more spending more time in the loading screen than on the field. You can power up very quickly as well, I'm already in the majors and batting cleanup (although for the Pirates).

This game has a fun factor for me that has me playing for long hours each night so far. Although I have a PS3 I never took to The Show, and I'm actually skipping it for 2K10, even though I've thought the series basically sucked since 2K4.
I just posted something similar elsewhere, actually. IMO this game is not even really close to The Show as a complete baseball game, but despite its issues it's enjoyable enough to stand on its own, and I keep playing it myself. After a period where I regretted buying it, I've come to terms with what it is, what it does well and what it lacks, and have had some really fun times with it.

I'd have to say that I'd probably feel a little worse about it if I didn't have the Show to play as well,. but overall I'm very pleasantly surprised with 2K's game. I hope it sells well for them and they continue making strides next year. (You never know with this company and series)

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

I may have missed this somewhere with this goofy interface, but is there anyway to see the handedness of the opposing lineup when you are bringing in a reliever? Or at all, actually?

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I think the only way to do it is to pause the game, go to the stats screen for the other team, find the guy, right click on him, and then it'll take you to the player card.

Simple, huh? ;)
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Can you save camera settings in this game? (franchise) My cameras keep going back to default settings.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

webdanzer wrote:Can you save camera settings in this game? (franchise) My cameras keep going back to default settings.
I don't think so. I've looked, but I haven't been able to save the camera settings.
-Matt

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

I hopped back and forth between Show '09 and 2k10 this weekend.

I definitely isn't as polished as the Show (as Web's last 3 posts illustrate :)). On the field it's has some areas I wish I could a workaround for, like the rocket arms and the stealing. I also wish I saw more variety in hits. The lack of infield and foul territory pop ups is irritating after a while. In spite of it's faults it's been fun to play, and I still get that itch to play another game.

One thinig hopping between games made real apparent was the lack of atmosphere in the Show audio-wise. They really need to add the little touches like organ music for next year. In 2k10 it really sounds like you're at the park.
-Matt

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

matthewk wrote:
webdanzer wrote:Can you save camera settings in this game? (franchise) My cameras keep going back to default settings.
I don't think so. I've looked, but I haven't been able to save the camera settings.
A deinite annoyance as it was the same in 2K9.

I don;t understand why the settings cannot be saved.

Rather ridiculous.

That being said, other then the lacking of user steals and a few other quirks, I am having the time of my life playing 2K10.

The majority of the gameplay,stadium ambiance, graphics, etc....it is pure joy.

Check out my franchise blog in my sig...that option to blog the games is sick.

TheGamer2
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by TheGamer2 »

I'm finding stealing rather easy. just have to pick your spots. take a 3 step lead, the cpu will try pitch outs and pitches off the plate in anticipation. try to get a good count and go on an off speed pitch. there's a thread about this on 2k's forums.
XBL Gamertag: BHoward
PSN Id: BHoward1

http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=1010465

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Thanks Gamer...but the problem lies in that I increased pitch speed to 80.....and 2K once again didn't take into account user SB's as it makes it next to impossible to steal...unless you get a pitcher with a Mariano Riveira type delivery.

TheGamer2
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by TheGamer2 »

I'm at 80 pitch speed as well. I don't know exactly where I have baserunning speed, but I'm sure I increased that as well.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

TheGamer2 wrote:I'm at 80 pitch speed as well. I don't know exactly where I have baserunning speed, but I'm sure I increased that as well.
I left baserunning speed the same so I could still unlock the cards :)

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I found out I could raise baserunning speed and still unlock cards...moved it to 75, and was still thrown out by 5 feet with David Dejesus :(

I need faster basestealers :)

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Time to bring this thread back to the front page ;)

Almost 2 weeks with MLB 2k10, and I'm still having fun with it. This is the first next gen 2k baseball game that I've stuck with for more than 5 days.

My mind knows that the Show is still a noticeably better game in terms of the technical details, but I can't help but have fun with this one, even when I know there are problems. The right sitck makes launching home runs much more satisfying than pressing a button

I'm really hoping the PS3 patch comes through soon and at addresses at least some of the the following:

- Complete lack of errors
- Lack of pop ups
- Superhuman fielding with results in laser throws as if everyone has found their inner Ozzie Smith.
- Pitcher stamina resetting duing a game
- Overly accurate pitching once you've mastered the gestures. I do notice a difference in control between Cliff Lee and Manny Parra, but it's not quite enough.
- Baserunning. Stealing is still a mystery to me, but I've also had guys take off on flyballs and line outs where they should have stayed put.

I am impressed to see that progressive lighting is in the game. This was a big deal for the Show this year. I prefer thelighting in 2k10. In the Show places like Miller Park are ruined by the overly dark shadows.

Oh, and I'm already tired of hearing "Jermaine DYE with the good EYE" everytime a lay off a close pitch with him. It's this years "can of corn", or "What are you doing meat?".
-Matt

TheGamer2
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by TheGamer2 »

Just wanted to share a link to my page on 2k for my Cubs franchise:

http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465

I've been getting a pretty good variance of scores. Good teams are scoring lots of runs, and the bad teams not so much. I just pitched my first shutout with Carlos Zambrano against the Nationals. He scattered 6 hits and struck out 11 I'm using a set of rosters from 2k share with just under 100 of the top prospects created or edited. I'm in total control of the CPU rosters, starting lineups and pitching rotations to avoid any craziness from the CPU. I like to see the top rookies get their shots in the ML also, so I put most of the top prospects into the lineups and rotations. This particular game I faced Steven Strasburg and he pitched fairly well. I believe I struck out 6 times against him.

Really enjoying this game.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

TheGamer2 wrote:Just wanted to share a link to my page on 2k for my Cubs franchise:

I've been getting a pretty good variance of scores. Good teams are scoring lots of runs, and the bad teams not so much. I just pitched my first shutout with Carlos Zambrano against the Nationals. He scattered 6 hits and struck out 11 I'm using a set of rosters from 2k share with just under 100 of the top prospects created or edited. I'm in total control of the CPU rosters, starting lineups and pitching rotations to avoid any craziness from the CPU. I like to see the top rookies get their shots in the ML also, so I put most of the top prospects into the lineups and rotations. This particular game I faced Steven Strasburg and he pitched fairly well. I believe I struck out 6 times against him.

Are you on AS defaults?

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I am still enjoying 2K10 immensely.

I am 20 games into a Royals franchise and am 16-4. :)

I use modified pro sliders with CPU contact at 55 and power at 90.

I changed quite a few other sliders and can upload them if needed.

I have never drawn so many walks in video baseball before as I average just over 2 a game.

My next move maybe to lower human power to 40 or 45...as I have hit a bit to many HR's...but I like to think it is because I am patiently swinging at good pitches.

A few nitpicks aside, playing this game is a zen-like experience for me.

Darkbandit
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Darkbandit »

It'd be nice if I could actually hit a home run every couple of games or so. I think I have only hit 3 in 7 games, but that might because I am playing with classic swinging.

I am enjoying the game as well, even though that I am 3-4
Last edited by Darkbandit on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I haven't even tried the classic swing.

I am enjoying the swing stick way to much.

TheGamer2
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by TheGamer2 »

MizzouRah wrote:
TheGamer2 wrote:Just wanted to share a link to my page on 2k for my Cubs franchise:

Are you on AS defaults?
No, I've made some adjustments of my own to get rid of some of the things that bothered me. Sorry for the late response, just got back in town.

TheGamer2
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by TheGamer2 »

Oh yeah, I'm using classic swing. I really hope they patch in check swings for classic.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Has anyone noticed if raising the contact results in a wider variety of hits? I'm hesutant to mess with these, but if it leads to greater hit variety it may be worth any unintended consequences (like too many hits).
-Matt

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I would experiment with the contact settings. I have actually lowered them for human hitting and I think it actually improves hitting by getting rid of some of the poor contact swings that result in weak fly balls or ground balls.

I have been having more fun with this game - it is at the top of my rotation.

TheGamer2
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by TheGamer2 »

matthewk wrote:Has anyone noticed if raising the contact results in a wider variety of hits? I'm hesutant to mess with these, but if it leads to greater hit variety it may be worth any unintended consequences (like too many hits).
I have contact at 40 and power at 85 for me and the cpu. I think I get a pretty good variety of hits and if and when I hit hr's I feel like I earned them from working the count and getting a good pitch in a good zone that I can turn on.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I posted this in the deal alert thread also. I got an e-mail from Gamestop that says that the PC digital download version of MLB 2K10 will be $2.99 on Monday only, for opening day. Certainly worth checking out for that price! I already got a copy through steam, but may grab one for my wifes laptop also.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"