DSP Madden Online Franchise 360 Sign Up / Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

tmdba37
Starting 5
Starting 5

Titans tame the Jaguars

Post by tmdba37 »

Titans 28 Jaguars 7

The DSP Online Franchise Playoffs opened up Friday night with two bitter rivals from the AFC South meeting for the third time in the 2009-2010 Season.

With each team previously winning at home, the site of the playoff game was LP Field home to the 12-4 AFC South Champion Tennessee Titans. . .

For the Jaguars, it was tough sledding in the first half. . .in fact, they'd love to get their first play back as their first play from scrimmage was a perfect pass from David Garrard to Titans Safety Michael Griffin who returned it 57 Yards for a TD. On the ensuing kickoff, the Jaguars got a holding penalty and I am sure at that point Coach Wayne was not liking the foreshadowing elements of those two negative plays. . .

After trading punts, the Titans marched down the field on an 82 Yard TD Drive. . .set up by a huge 3rd and 9 Pass play to Nate Washington for 25 yards. . .this eventually led to a 19 Yard Chris Johnson scamper for the TD and the Titans led 14-0.

On the next possession, disaster struck the Jags once again as Courtland Finnegan picked off Garrard in Jags territory and this set up another TD from Chris Johnson, an 8 yard pass from Collins to give the Titans a 21-0 Lead.

The Titans got the ball to start the second half and quickly went three and out. . .the Jaguars then pulled things together and churned out an impressive seven minute drive that netted a 6 yard TD Pass to Maurice Jones-Drew. . .making the game 21-7. . .

The story of the game though has to be the Titans Defense shutting down the Jaguars' All-Pro Running Back. . .MJD had 24 runs for 57 yards a 2.3 average and was knocked silly twice in the game. . .basically, it was a goal of the Titans to shut him down and the Jaguars couldn't get back on track once the Jones-Drew Train got knocked off the rails. . .

Back to the game, much to the Jaguars surprise, the Ttians went play action on their first play from scrimmage after the Jacksonville score and hit Chris Johnson for a 78 yard pass up the right sideline. . .and after a time out to let him catch his breath, Johnson would plunge into the endzone for a 2 yard TD to put the perverbial nail in the coffin. . .

Johnson was the player of the game with 63 Yards on 8 carries and two TDs and 3 catches for 108 yards and a TD. . .

The victory gives the Titans a Divisional Round date with the 12-4 Oakland Raiders next week in California. . .the loss for the Jaguars sends them into the offseason with their heads held high looking for revenge in their two meetings with the Titans next season.
Last edited by tmdba37 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmdba37
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by tmdba37 »

Wayne,

Good game. Since our first game was a sim, we're technically now just 1-1 so hopefully we can break that tie in the 2010 Season.

I think you were probably only one stop from getting back into the game after your monster 3rd Quarter TD drive, but that 78 yard pass to Johnson was a real back-breaker. . .I was just hoping to back you off a bit and got rather lucky with that one. . .

Good luck with your offseason plans and we'll probably be back at it in a few weeks. . .

Thanks
-Todd

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Congrats on a great season Wayne, hope to have you back next year.

Todd my man, well done. Your reward is to go up against the best Madden player I have ever seen.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Damn he gets to play Jared already?

Everybody writing off the Raiders, tsk tsk.

mathewhayden10
Mario Mendoza

Post by mathewhayden10 »

Hi Daminal.
Myself Mathew from United States of America, I would like to give my sincere thanks for posting this valuable schedule for the games. Many people were waiting for the schedule over here.
Thanks for your post and stay connect.

(The spam is included here just because it's funny. I think you should change your nick to Daminal. Also, the IP is coming from India. And remember, everyone in the league should "stay connect".)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

^^^ Spammer

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Haha. I'm not all that, and I'm a Chad Pennington or Ricky Williams injury from being in serious trouble. I'm already pretty worried about my offense w/o Ronnie Brown in the divisional playoff game (gulp).

wayne23
Mario Mendoza

Post by wayne23 »

Todd, i'm not gonna qoute your game summary but as always, awesome write up and congrats. Tidbits from the press conference:

Press: Coach what happened out there tonight?

Coach: First I want to congradulate Coach Todd and the Titans on a great victory tonight. And we wish them well as they move on into the play-offs. We just couldn't get anything going out there tonight, gotta tip your hat to Coach "T" and his team as they were well prepared for everything we tried to throw at them.

Press: How's that locker room after a loss like this? In particular a play-off game loss?

Coach: Well of course our guys are pretty disappointed in the loss, but it doesn't take away from what was a great season. They'll bounce back and get ready to try and do it all over again.

Press: So where do you go from here in preparation for next season?

Coach: We'll go and make the necessary adjustments to make us an even better football team and hopefully those adjustments will get us right back here talking with you but this time with the Lombardi in my hands.

Press: Thanks Coach. Good luck next season.

Danimal - Thanks for consideration and letting me join. I know there were a few hiccups here and there on my part but for the most, I had a ball and i'm looking forward to season 2. Best of luck to everyone left in the play-offs.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Nozzle, what time tonight? 9pm eastern ok?

Badger_Fan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Badger_Fan »

Hey XXXIV, 10pm CST tonight? Let me know.
The sing-along songs'll be our scriptures.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Badger_Fan wrote:Hey XXXIV, 10pm CST tonight? Let me know.
It works. See you at 10.

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

Hogz, ready when you are.

Good luck
Gamer Tag - mmeh97
Owner in the DSP Official League - Eagles

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Jets 21 - Browns 7

The New York Jets overcome a tough Browns team on Wild Card weekend. With temperatures at a chilly 25 degrees in Cleveland, the Jets elected to kick and were able to hold the Browns to a three-and-out to start the day. Gang Green then marched to the Cleveland 22 yard line only to cough it up on the cusp of the red zone... A. Elam on the recovery:

<embed src="http://cdn.www.easports.com/static/110. ... player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=360&width=640&file=http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2/ ... ="></embed>

Coach Nozzle then mixed and matched his way downfield to set up a 4-yard TD pass from Quinn to Vickers and take a 7-0 lead. The Jets were reeling but rebounded on the ensuing drive to set up this 44-yard TD run to the outside by Thomas Jones:

<embed src="http://cdn.www.easports.com/static/110. ... player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=360&width=640&file=http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2/ ... ="></embed>

The Browns then started on their own 28-yard line and took it all the way to the opponent's 6 with after this 29-yard strike to Massaqoui:

But then tragedy struck as Brady Quinn tried to force one into the end zone, leading to a Bart Scott interception and 100-yard return with the first half expiring:

The Jets started off the third quarter with the ball and rode Thomas Jones down the field, eventually going up 21-7 on a play action pass from Sanchez to Jones. The Browns threatened again early in the 4th quarter but a semi-ridiculous interception by Leonhard ended their drive and left too little time for a comeback:

Turnovers and Thomas Jones were the story... with the Browns turning it over three times to the Jets' one, and Jones rushing for 140 yards on 18 carries.

Good game Nozzle... your offense was really on point, but that turnover in the end zone seemed to be the turning point, and the second turnover was clearly bullsh*t. 19 times out of 20 that's a touchdown.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Eagles 17 - Falcons 23

The Falcons wanted to avenge a close loss from about a month ago when they traveled to Philly, and knew playing at home just might give them the slight edge they desperately needed. And boy did they ever need it in this dogfight.

The Eagles won the toss and elected to kick. The Falcons had a nice little drive going, mixing the run and pass, until Ryan was hit just before he released the ball and fumbled in Eagle territory. The Eagles then returned the favor when Anderson forced a fumble and Abraham scooped it up and returned it 29 yards to the Philly 26 which set up 32 yard fg from Elam.

The Falcons defense hung tough and the Falcons offense eventually took advantage of the favorably field position it's D had been providing, when Ryan hooked up with B. Finneran on this 44 yard strike to make it 10-0 Atlanta with 1:15 to go in the half.

The Eagles finally go it together before the end of the half engineering a great drive that ended with an Akers FG to make it 10-3 at the half.

The Eagles maintained the momentum gained on their drive before halftime and drove down the field tying the game with this 18 yard pass play to Curtis.

The Falcons answered quickly though with a 2 play scoring drive courtesy of Mr. Turner. This 62 yd scamper set up a 2 yard TD for Turner making it 17-10 with 1:45 to go in the third.

However, the Eagles were on a roll offensively and they tied it up on a McNabb 9 yard pass to Schobel out in the flats with 6:28 left in game. McNabb had a crucial 3rd and 17 scramble to keep this drive alive. The Falcons coach was seen on the sidelines calling his D coordinator all sorts of names after that play.

The Falcons continued to try to mix it up with the run and pass and eventually gained enough ground to take the lead with a 43 yard fg from Elam...2:05 to in the game. The Falcons D stepped up again on the first play of the drive on this play where McNabb was picked off by the LB Nichols, who returned it back to the Eagles 18.

The Falcons kept it on the ground making the Eagles use their remaining two timeouts, but weren't able to get a first down and were forced to kick a field goal. Elam put it through the uprights making it a 6 point game with :50 ticks left on the clock.

The Eagles made it interesting connecting on a couple 20-25 yard pass plays to get them close enough to try a pass into the endzone with five seconds on the clock. McNabb went to Curtis again except this time there were two defenders waiting in the endzone for the jump ball...except both defenders inexplicably didn't even touch the ball on their jumps and the ball went right through the arms ...luckily it was a little too far in from of Curtis, landing just a few feet in front of him and giving the Falcons and its coach a heartpumping victory.

Great game Eman...you were on a roll offensively in the second half and I just knew you were going to score ....I got lucky with that pick, your pass looked to be on the money. Those last few minutes really got the heart pumpin'!
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

All the games were played so I advanced the week.

Take a look at who you're playing because i think some assumptions were made on the next match ups and they are not correct.

Again i won't put a time limit on this but if you could play them by thursday night that would be great.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Yeah I didn't say anything but but figured it would be the winner of my game that would in fact face Terry, and so it is.

I'm traveling to St. Louis from Tuesday to Thursday this week so tomorrow night might be my best opportunity to play, unless we can push it to Friday.

tmdba37
Starting 5
Starting 5

Off to Miami?

Post by tmdba37 »

Well, in what was a surprise move for me. . .the league office called early on Monday moring and said cancel those flights to Oakland, you're going to go to Miami instead. . .

Can anyone guess the logic here? Actually, never mind, it's probably not worth it. . .

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Tonight is fine, as long as it's sometime after 4PM PT/7PM ET.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

7:30 eastern okay, Terry?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Should be perfect. I'll be online.

tmdba37
Starting 5
Starting 5

AFC Divisional Round Previews

Post by tmdba37 »

Now that we've advanced into week 2 and the Divisional Round of the Playoffs, here are some previews of these two elite AFC Playoff match-ups. . .

New York Jets (13-4) at Oakland Raiders (12-4)

Both teams finished the year at 12-4. . .the Raiders were beneficiaries of the rare in season coaching change as Coach Terry left Arizona and took the Sivler and Black Headset and guided the Raiders to a perfect end of their season.

The Jets were a powerhouse, but unfortunately shared their division with the 15-1 Division leading Dolphins, they should be a tough opponent for the Raiders. The Terry-less Raiders were stung 42-19 by the Jets in week 7. . .I am sure that they will be looking for revenge.

Key match-up: Mark Sanchez vs. JaMarcus Russell
One guy is a rookie and the other guy used to play like one until being placed under Coach Terry's spell. . .if Sanchez can put some pressure on the tough Raiders Secondary, it will give Oakland fits. . .

Key match-up: Raiders Rushing Offense vs. Jets Defense. . .
At the end of the day, the Terry-led Raiders ran all over their second half opponents. . .Darren McFadden had 14 runs for 20 or more yards, a long run of 84 yards and 13 rushing TDs. . .if the Jets don't stop the Raiders running game, the Jets will be in trouble. . .

Predicition: A close game, but the Raiders take advantage of home field and the Jet(s) Lag. . .of the NJ to Oakland flight and win 20-13

Tennessee Titans (13-4) at Miami Dolphins (15-1)

In an unexpected rematch of the Week 15 tilt between these two teams, the stunned at the league office Titans Coaching Staff were swearing after learning their hours of Raiders filmwork was down the drain. . .they reluctantly pulled out the game tape of the 28-7 stomping that the Dolphins put on them a few weeks back. . .

Key Matchup: The Ronnie Brown-less Miami Offense vs. the streaking Titans Defense. . .what will really make this an intriguing rematch is that Miami's all everything Wildcat Leading Back is out for the game nursing his broken jaw. . .the pressure is firmly on Coach Jared to either try the Wildcat with Ricky Williams and an array of backups or trust Chad Pennington's arm to beat the Titans Defense. The Titans swallowed up the Jaguars on Friday night and will look for more of the same this Tuesday.

Key Matchup: The Dolphins Defense vs. Chris Johnson. . .The Fins stopped the Titans all-everything back in their week 15 win. . .can they do that for another 60 minutes? What other wrinkles will the Titans Offense come up with this time against the number one team in the conference?

Prediction: If Ronnie Brown was healthy, this would be an easy pick as the Dolphins would be the clear favorite, without Brown, the table should be much more level. . .as such, with such unrest, we grap the copout lever and say it's a Pick 'Em

wayne23
Mario Mendoza

Re: AFC Divisional Round Previews

Post by wayne23 »

tmdba37 wrote:Now that we've advanced into week 2 and the Divisional Round of the Playoffs, here are some previews of these two elite AFC Playoff match-ups. . .

New York Jets (13-4) at Oakland Raiders (12-4)

Both teams finished the year at 12-4. . .the Raiders were beneficiaries of the rare in season coaching change as Coach Terry left Arizona and took the Sivler and Black Headset and guided the Raiders to a perfect end of their season.

The Jets were a powerhouse, but unfortunately shared their division with the 15-1 Division leading Dolphins, they should be a tough opponent for the Raiders. The Terry-less Raiders were stung 42-19 by the Jets in week 7. . .I am sure that they will be looking for revenge.

Key match-up: Mark Sanchez vs. JaMarcus Russell
One guy is a rookie and the other guy used to play like one until being placed under Coach Terry's spell. . .if Sanchez can put some pressure on the tough Raiders Secondary, it will give Oakland fits. . .

Key match-up: Raiders Rushing Offense vs. Jets Defense. . .
At the end of the day, the Terry-led Raiders ran all over their second half opponents. . .Darren McFadden had 14 runs for 20 or more yards, a long run of 84 yards and 13 rushing TDs. . .if the Jets don't stop the Raiders running game, the Jets will be in trouble. . .

Predicition: A close game, but the Raiders take advantage of home field and the Jet(s) Lag. . .of the NJ to Oakland flight and win 20-13

Tennessee Titans (13-4) at Miami Dolphins (15-1)

In an unexpected rematch of the Week 15 tilt between these two teams, the stunned at the league office Titans Coaching Staff were swearing after learning their hours of Raiders filmwork was down the drain. . .they reluctantly pulled out the game tape of the 28-7 stomping that the Dolphins put on them a few weeks back. . .

Key Matchup: The Ronnie Brown-less Miami Offense vs. the streaking Titans Defense. . .what will really make this an intriguing rematch is that Miami's all everything Wildcat Leading Back is out for the game nursing his broken jaw. . .the pressure is firmly on Coach Jared to either try the Wildcat with Ricky Williams and an array of backups or trust Chad Pennington's arm to beat the Titans Defense. The Titans swallowed up the Jaguars on Friday night and will look for more of the same this Tuesday.

Key Matchup: The Dolphins Defense vs. Chris Johnson. . .The Fins stopped the Titans all-everything back in their week 15 win. . .can they do that for another 60 minutes? What other wrinkles will the Titans Offense come up with this time against the number one team in the conference?

Prediction: If Ronnie Brown was healthy, this would be an easy pick as the Dolphins would be the clear favorite, without Brown, the table should be much more level. . .as such, with such unrest, we grap the copout lever and say it's a Pick 'Em
Great stuff Todd. Good luck to both of you.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

VIKINGS 28 RAMS 20

In a game in which Steven Jackson was knocked out early in the second qtr and Adrian Peterson was knocked out early in the second half, the Vikings held off a desperate last minute drive to defeat the Rams 28-20.

The game, which saw four lead changes and the exchange of long TD runs by the two teams stars, surprisingly had the Rams leading 17-14 at the end of the first half. The Second half was to be a different story however. The injury to SJ seemed to suck the life out of the Ram offense as they could only muster 3 points in the 2nd half. One can only attribute this to poor coaching as the team seemed completely unprepared for the situation.

The very well coached Vikings on the other hand, didnt seem to miss a beat, as they took the lead for good in the 3rd qtr and extended it late in the 4th as the legs of Chester Taylor set up the play action passing of Tavaris Jackson who connected on 2 TD passes. Excellent playcalling had the Rams completely off balance.

After the Vikings extended the lead to 28-20 the Rams still had 1:26 without any time outs to try and save the season. It was not to be however. The team now operating without SJ or Avery(I think he was in the locker room throwing up as the pressure was just too much for his tender soul) did manage a pair of first downs and to move the ball to the Viking 12. That is where the clock ran out on the Rams as the entire offense waited lined up and ready to spike the ball for at least 10 seconds with Marc Bulger no where to be found. The last play started with 33 seconds to go...It was bizarre and to say the least.

Apparently, the contractually obligated to EA, Marc Bulger was frozen in a cutscene as he celebrated a pass completion somewhere up the field. His future with the team is uncertain at this time.

Great game Data. Well earned victory as the stats will point out. Thats twice this season you took me down in my dome.
I enjoyed the season and Im looking forward to the next one.

TheGamer2
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by TheGamer2 »

Badger, I'm good anytime after 9pm central. let me know.
XBL Gamertag: BHoward
PSN Id: BHoward1

http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=1010465

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Terry, that was too bad about the chat not working... I don't know what it was. It was an intense and interesting game, that's for sure.

Just so everyone knows, Terry's Raiders beat me 23-13. 40 years and counting for Gang Green, not meant to be this time 'round.

Tmdba37, nice prediction on the final score. Came very close! Terry had a 99-yard kickoff return for a TD on the very first play of the game, something I hadn't given up all year. If I could have avoided that and maybe been a bit more patient making third and fourth reads downfield (instead of throwing interceptions) I might have been on to something. Four interceptions to Terry's two fumbles overall, with a slight edge for the Jets in total yardage.

Some positives... holding Terry to one offensive touchdown, and getting Marvin Harrison involved more than usual (he's gone woefully under-utilized this year).

Couldn't run on Terry, however. He's the All-Madden of human opponents. Knows where you're going and gets there before you.

Fun season everyone.