Tiger Woods 2010

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I finished all of the "easy" Tiger Challenges this morning.

I am really loving this game right now...MEGA fun.

My brother and I had a blast playing 18 at Pebble last night.

He has always been a Tiger fan on the 360, now he wants a Wii....LOL

The best feeling is getting the right swing on a chip or pitch and putting it real close.

Oh and I hit a hole in one from 215 out...WOW

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

DivotMaker wrote:
Pete wrote:
DivotMaker wrote: Go purchase some Advanced or Expert clubs....huge difference IMO....
So you spend $60 for the game then you have to pay more to make it more difficult?

Does anyone else find this wrong?
You can purchase them with Career earnings OR MS points....
After I posted this I realized you could probably earn some cash to purchase. Thanks for confirming.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

OK, so I'm new to online play on the Wii. I'm leebo33 on EA as well and I've signed in the game fine. Is there a good place to find the user ids of all you guys for Tiger Woods Wii and Grand Slam (I love this game too but its only gonna have "legs" for me via online and local multiplayer)?

It would be cool for some of us to play our tournament rounds online together...even though I'm not very good!

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Rodster wrote:Thanks Divot !

How long does it take before I might see their next email to be part of the beta?
Looks like the next beta is scheduled to begin around July 7....5,000-10,000 testers are expected to put the game through its paces...

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/246104.page

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks Divot, hopefully i'll make the cut, no pun intended. :)

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I suspect my system specs might keep me out of this one.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Naples39 wrote:I suspect my system specs might keep me out of this one.
If i'm accepted i'm running it on a lowly laptop so it'll be interesting to see how it looks. Once the service goes retail i'll put it on another computer.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Pretty sure the testing would like to see what performance is like across a wide range of computers. I hope you do get in...

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Rodster wrote:
If i'm accepted i'm running it on a lowly laptop so it'll be interesting to see how it looks. Once the service goes retail i'll put it on another computer.
It runs really well on my T5800 C2D/4 GB Ram/9600 GT w/512 VRAM/Win 7 RC1 laptop at 1440x900....

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DivotMaker wrote:
Rodster wrote:
It runs really well on my T5800 C2D/4 GB Ram/9600 GT w/512 VRAM/Win 7 RC1 laptop at 1440x900....
My laptop is not as good as yours but as you mentioned EA might be curious to see how it runs on my lowly laptop.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DivotMaker wrote:It runs really well on my T5800 C2D/4 GB Ram/9600 GT w/512 VRAM/Win 7 RC1 laptop at 1440x900....
That's not exactly a low-end laptop ...

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pk500 wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:It runs really well on my T5800 C2D/4 GB Ram/9600 GT w/512 VRAM/Win 7 RC1 laptop at 1440x900....
That's not exactly a low-end laptop ...

Take care,
PK
Didn't say it was, however with the newest laptops coming out for school, it will be middle of the road in gaming performance...

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Divot.......

Do you know if there are any differences between the online Tournaments offered for the Wii & the 360? Would you say the hardest difficulty settings on the Wii would be equal to same settings on the 360? If so, it's a shame we can't have cross-platform tournaments with this game.

I am really enjoying this year's game and I am playing on the 360.
I am hoping to borrow a buddies Wii next week to see what all the fuss is about :) What is your "preferred" way of playing Tiger this year? IS it still the PC version with the weighted Logitech mouse?

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

Pete wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Bill, if you're playing the 360 version, unfortunately, it's just easy to hit fairways. There doesn't seem to be a way to address that. They really need a sensitivity slider for the analog sticks.
Go purchase some Advanced or Expert clubs....huge difference IMO....
So you spend $60 for the game then you have to pay more to make it more difficult?

Well, as Divot said, you can earn or buy them.

Still, this is the most backward design idea I've run across in a while. You are basically paying money or spending a lot of game time in order to upgrade your clubs...which are less effective? I assume they are if they make it more difficult to keep it straight. I havne't earned them yet.

My buddy said it was like going to the store and buying the new Nike **** Your Game 3000. (I got a good laugh out of that)

I'm running out of steam with it, myself. Unless there is a stiff wind I'm hitting every single fairway. (Pebble was tough.) I haven't ventured online, but if this is the base game play, I just don't see the attraction. I think I'm in the minority on that, as the game is being well received but golf without a real fear of catching the rough, just isn't golf imo. It's not that I'm nailing every green (I'm not hitting long enough to do that) but the grind is getting to me.
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Bill_Abner wrote:
Pete wrote:
DivotMaker wrote: Go purchase some Advanced or Expert clubs....huge difference IMO....

Still, this is the most backward design idea I've run across in a while. You are basically paying money or spending a lot of game time in order to upgrade your clubs...which are less effective? I assume they are if they make it more difficult to keep it straight. I havne't earned them yet.

My buddy said it was like going to the store and buying the new Nike **** Your Game 3000. (I got a good laugh out of that)

I'm running out of steam with it, myself. Unless there is a stiff wind I'm hitting every single fairway. (Pebble was tough.) I haven't ventured online, but if this is the base game play, I just don't see the attraction. I think I'm in the minority on that, as the game is being well received but golf without a real fear of catching the rough, just isn't golf imo. It's not that I'm nailing every green (I'm not hitting long enough to do that) but the grind is getting to me.
Bill, I don't understand your complaint. You are saying the game is too easy, but you don't want to take the steps neccesary that WILL make it more challenging for you? All you have to do is spend a little more time and get the intermediate and advanced clubs, make the sweet spots as small as possible and play on the hardest difficulty, with no putting meter and no grids on the green. In that world, Par is a good score. You are getting too caught up in those ridiculous online scores that you see those cheesers posting.

BTW, which console are you playing on? I am only speaking of the one I have, which is the 360.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

JackB1 wrote:Divot.......

Do you know if there are any differences between the online Tournaments offered for the Wii & the 360? Would you say the hardest difficulty settings on the Wii would be equal to same settings on the 360? If so, it's a shame we can't have cross-platform tournaments with this game.

I am really enjoying this year's game and I am playing on the 360.
I am hoping to borrow a buddies Wii next week to see what all the fuss is about :) What is your "preferred" way of playing Tiger this year? IS it still the PC version with the weighted Logitech mouse?
Jack,

I have the Wii version with the WM +, but don't have a Wii, so I am not going to be able to give you an answer at this point, sorry. I would think there are similarities in the tournament setups, courses, and conditions, but the gameplay is different so I do not know if the scoring between the two will be similar....

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Bill_Abner wrote:

Bill,

I am no fan of the current design as I am tiring of the Tiger/Tournament Challenge format just to build up a character, so I agree with you on that.

That being said, I am 3 challenges from being completed with TC and I am into my 3rd PGA TOUR Season event and have Advanced clubs and the game is giving me all the challenge I can stand in hitting the ball straight. It is your time playing, we are talking about here and I respect that, but this is the best console TW by far that I have played and with the online tournaments they have come to the plate with this year, I am getting my money's worth and then some with the gameplay and "oh wow" moments while playing the game. EA's intention was to appeal to all user difficulty levels and I think they accomplished this even though the design is awkward and forces you to play the game THEIR way in order to deliver the kind of game you ultimately want to play....at least that is how I think I read your thoughts....

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

JackB1 wrote:
Bill_Abner wrote:
Pete wrote: So you spend $60 for the game then you have to pay more to make it more difficult?

Bill, I don't understand your complaint. You are saying the game is too easy, but you don't want to take the steps neccesary that WILL make it more challenging for you? All you have to do is spend a little more time and get the intermediate and advanced clubs, make the sweet spots as small as possible and play on the hardest difficulty, with no putting meter and no grids on the green. In that world, Par is a good score. You are getting too caught up in those ridiculous online scores that you see those cheesers posting.

BTW, which console are you playing on? I am only speaking of the one I have, which is the 360.
The 360. And I haven't touched online play. I just don't think the game's for me, Jack. No worries.
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Bill

I'll take your 360 copy buddy! ;)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

JackB1 wrote:All you have to do is spend a little more time and get the intermediate and advanced clubs, make the sweet spots as small as possible and play on the hardest difficulty, with no putting meter and no grids on the green.
So what is an estimate, in hours, of the time required unlocking these clubs and all the courses in the game to put the X360 version in a state that the Wii version comes with out of the box (difficult gameplay with all courses unlocked)?
Last edited by Leebo33 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Leebo33 wrote:
JackB1 wrote:All you have to do is spend a little more time and get the intermediate and advanced clubs, make the sweet spots as small as possible and play on the hardest difficulty, with no putting meter and no grids on the green.
So what is time estimate, in hours, of the time required unlocking these clubs and all the courses in the game to put the X360 version in a state that the Wii version comes with out of the box (difficult gameplay with all courses unlocked)?
Wow...looks like a Jrod post.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

LOL...trying to post and work at the same time is hard...I should concentrate on just posting :D

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Leebo33 wrote:
So what is time estimate, in hours, of the time required unlocking these clubs and all the courses in the game to put the X360 version in a state that the Wii version comes with out of the box (difficult gameplay with all courses unlocked)?
Wow...looks like a Jrod post.
:lol:

btmmayor
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by btmmayor »

Leebo33 wrote:So what is an estimate, in hours, of the time required unlocking these clubs and all the courses in the game to put the X360 version in a state that the Wii version comes with out of the box (difficult gameplay with all courses unlocked)?
Are the advanced clubs and ability to tune the sweet spots available right out of the box? I have only played the Wii version for a few hours (My console is still unavailable) but I had a very easy time hitting right down the middle of the fairways. I was somewhere in the mid 90's in fairway percentage. I've found the tee to green game every bit as easy in the Wii version as I have in the next gen versions. I have only played as one of the tour pros and did not look to see if I could tune clubs or anything of that nature. That would be fantastic if its possible.