DSP Race Pro WTCC Series: Pau

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

DSP Race Pro WTCC Series: Pau

Post by Zeppo »

Folks:

Can we get this going again? I'm willing to try.

Tomorrow, Monday 4/20, we will try once again to finish off the WTCC Series by running 21 laps at the Circuit de Pau. The regular schedule will apply:

10:30pm edt I will start the room and send out invites to those who sign up below.

10:50pm the practice session will end and be immediately followed by the one-lap qualifying session.

Then, a five minute break.

At 11:00pm edt, we will drop the flag on the final round of the WTCC Series, consisting of 21 laps at Pau.

Here are the standings of the WTCC Series through three rounds:
  • WTCC Series Standings

1. CP Zeppo / 15
    2. Fshguy / 12
    3. Ragehawk / 10
    4. theycallhimsim / 10
    6. J Cauthen / 8
    7. spooky157 / 6
    8. MixDJ1 / 5
    9. Naples39 / 4
    10. MacMac858 / 4
    11. XXXIV / 4
The last couple of Mondays it has been impossible for me to race, and it sure seems like an eternity since we've raced together in this game. Looking ahead I should be pretty good to go on Monday nights. I would love to get a longer series going in the GT Club cars, which I think would provide some pretty intense and fun racing, or even the next class up, the GT Pro cars (or whatever those next GT cars are. . . ).

But a league or series with long races like these won't make sense if there aren't enough gamers who are both interested in the concept and can make it Monday nights more often than not. I feel like eight cars is the absolute minimum to have a long race; fewer than that and I'd rather stick to the grab bag type of racing evening, jumping from track to track in shorter four or five lap sprints.

So are there others out there that still have this game, and still think it has a lot of good racing left in it for us? Can we get some kind of series with these 1/2 hour races going, maybe on a different night than Monday? Can we get some kind of poker night following on a weekly basis?

Word is that patch should be out sometime soon, and I've seen at least one rumor that Spa will be part of the first batch of promised DLC, but who knows how much that will cost. I do know having Spa available to race in this game will get me itching for more racing with the DSP gang.

Who's in?

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

I'll be there. I hope we have enough interest to keep the series going ... especially as we move to the GT cars.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I would be in if I could connect. I am basically having to wait for the patch to determine if that will fix my online woes or not. I am not holding my breath though.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

This is my last week up in Long Beach so next week I can race with the new cars (if that happens, fingers crossed). Good luck!

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

DChaps wrote:I would be in if I could connect. I am basically having to wait for the patch to determine if that will fix my online woes or not. I am not holding my breath though.
No other games give you problems? Your 'test connection' doesn't show a restricted or moderate NAT? You have put your 360 into a DMZ on your router?

It would seem very odd if this is the lone game with which you cannot connect online, with no other connection issues, but I guess weirdness is a part of XBL. I hope you can give it a try on Monday.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I will be there.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

In

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

While I would like to get back into the races.. I wont be back on Live for some time :cry:

I hate cheaply made consoles!!

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

I'm in too. Looking forward to it!