OOTP 10

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OOTP 10

Post by MizzouRah »

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Is there 3D play with this game like EA Sports Head Coach or Football Manager?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Rodster wrote:Is there 3D play with this game like EA Sports Head Coach or Football Manager?
Not yet... would be great.

BUT.. if you like a VERY.. VERY... VERY DEEEEEP baseball sim, this is it!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm sure it is as i've always heard great things about the series. I'm not a stats guy but if it had a 3D engine to watch the play on the field I might give it a go.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:I'm sure it is as i've always heard great things about the series. I'm not a stats guy but if it had a 3D engine to watch the play on the field I might give it a go.
If you're not a stats guy...don't bother. That's the whole point of the series!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I have tried several times to get into OOTP but it just doesn't do it for me. I believe I got a free copy after helping them with the development of Inside The Park Baseball. I can appreciate the depth of the game but I never got into it. I have heard that if you are in an online league with others it becomes very cool. I guess what it boils down to is I NEED to see a graphical representation of the game. That is why I was hoping 2K's FOM was going to be good. Maybe it will be playable next year. I wish MLB The Show would have the old High Heat "One Pitch Pitch" mode in manage only. That would be awesome. Then you could manage the game, see it play out and have efficient/fast games getting you thru a season in quickly.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

Diablo25 wrote:I have tried several times to get into OOTP but it just doesn't do it for me. I believe I got a free copy after helping them with the development of Inside The Park Baseball. I can appreciate the depth of the game but I never got into it. I have heard that if you are in an online league with others it becomes very cool. I guess what it boils down to is I NEED to see a graphical representation of the game. That is why I was hoping 2K's FOM was going to be good. Maybe it will be playable next year. I wish MLB The Show would have the old High Heat "One Pitch Pitch" mode in manage only. That would be awesome. Then you could manage the game, see it play out and have efficient/fast games getting you thru a season in quickly.
I forgot about "1 pitch mode". That would be tits for The Show. At the ripe old age of 53, I'm not ready for stats based games yet either. I'm still at All star mode for baseball games, and pretty much Pro level for the others. I figure I'm good for a few more years with rookie mode looming around the corner at about 60 :wink: before I have to settle for text games.
Hell, I still have a version of 1981 Stat-o-matic card game,along with a 1985 "Pursuit the Pennant" card set in the closet. Actually came in handy in 2004 when Hurricane Charley blew thru here and knocked out the power for a week.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

One thing I'm not sure I ever expected...a 53 year old using "tits" as an adjective.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:One thing I'm not sure I ever expected...a 53 year old using "tits" as an adjective.
:D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

Sorry I forgot to post this here, but we're starting an OOTP X league and we have 4 spots left which would give us 30 teams.

Here's some basic info:

http://nutweasel.blogspot.com/2009/04/o ... rming.html

It really is a good time and is by far the best way, imo, to enjoy OOTP.

Shoot me an email (wabner@gameshark.com) if you're interested.

--bill
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

I know that both myself and (I think) Dave T are in on this league...it should be a good time.

davet010
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by davet010 »

Oh yes indeed - I'm modelling myself on Mike Brown as an owner (we'll be the first club where players have to pay me to play, so payroll will be negative), and the GM spot is still open, so if anyone has Matt Millen's number....
"The players come from all over the world, the money from deep underneath the Persian Gulf, but, as another, older City poster campaign put it, this is their city. They may now exist in the global spotlight, but they intend to keep it that way."

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Released today to pre-orders!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Leebo33 wrote:Released today to pre-orders!
Downloading now!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

The patch came out a few days ago and I've been playing hour after hour. Markus has really done a great job this year and I applaud his efforts!

I took the MLB quickstart, erased all the history and did a fantasy draft. I play all my games out and this is the most I've ever been immersed into a text sim.

It's amazing how far ootp has come since I started with ootp2. :)