Anyone have daughters who played Little League?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Anyone have daughters who played Little League?

Post by icvu42 »

So my 5 year old daughter has signed up for Little League. She will be in the Coach Pitch league (if after 7 pitches the kid doesn't hit, they bring out a tee). So I am coaching the team and go to the first league meeting last night, and they said everyone in the league must wear a protective cup. I asked... even girls? And they hesitated, but then said everyone is required to wear one.

Anyone here face this issue before?

Rick

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

My brother used to play ball with a girl on his team.. I don't think there was any requirement back then..

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

My 7 year old son is playing ball this year. I'm definitely having him wear a cup. I'm not sure if it's specified in the rules or not, but he's still learning to move his glove appropriately to catch the ball. He can catch when he positions the glove when his hand is palm face up.

I threw a long toss (around 30 yards away) to him a couple weeks ago though that hit him square in the jewels. Lets just say that ended our throwing session.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

My daughter has played 5 yrs now she's 10 and has never had to wear one. Little leagues do have local rules though so it could be that but whos gonna check, if you dont want her to have one just send her out there. Maybe stick one in her bag just in case you get some manager freak looking for that extra edge on your 5 yr old dynamo team and it will happen.
Now as she gets into majors 10-12 yr olds however it may be a good thing to have added protection as the ball starts to get pitched faster and balls hit much harder.

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:My daughter has played 5 yrs now she's 10 and has never had to wear one. Little leagues do have local rules though so it could be that but whos gonna check, if you dont want her to have one just send her out there. Maybe stick one in her bag just in case you get some manager freak looking for that extra edge on your 5 yr old dynamo team and it will happen.
Now as she gets into majors 10-12 yr olds however it may be a good thing to have added protection as the ball starts to get pitched faster and balls hit much harder.
Thanks for the advice.

The thing that amazes me is that all parents have to sign this code of conduct sheet now that is filled with behaviors the parents agree they won't do. Have we really become this uncivilized?

Rick