DSP Race Pro WTCC MLR Series, Round 3 (3/16): Valencia

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

DSP Race Pro WTCC MLR Series, Round 3 (3/16): Valencia

Post by Zeppo »

Folks:

Tonight we are ready to run Round 3 of the DSP Race Pro WTCC Series, which will consist of 16 laps at Valencia.

Please sign up below. The regular schedule will apply:

10:30pm edt the room will open and invites will be sent out; practice begins.

10:50pm edt the practice session will end and be immediately followed by the one lap qualifying session.

Then, a five minute break.

At 11:00 pm edt the flag will drop on Round 3 of the WTCC Series: Valencia for 16 laps with one mandatory pit stop. The pit stop can be taken on any lap except the final lap.

The current standings in the WTCC Series are as follows:
  • WTCC Series Standings

1. CP Zeppo / 11
    2. theycallhimsim / 10
    3. spooky157 / 6
    4. Fshguy / 6
    5. J Cauthen / 5
    6. Naples39 / 4
    7. MacMac858 / 4
    8. MixDJ1 / 3
    9. XXXIV / 3
I'm looking forward to this race and promise to reveal the location of the final round of the WTCC Series after tomorrow's race has concluded. What I'm really looking forward to more, though, is getting started on a longer series in the GT Club cars. Those things are fun to race!

See you online, and good luck racing!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I'll be there!

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

I should be able to make it.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

In.

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

I'm probably out for tonight. Work sucks is all I have to say.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I will try and make this one

Zep....which cars are these? I want to try and practice a bit before the race. I haven't touched this game in 2 weeks.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I should be there. Hopefully I will get a little practice in beforehand as well to choose a WTCC model I like.

Any care to share any notes on the matter? On our first poker night I enjoyed the WTCC BMW, but then I tried the Honda for race 1 in our series and did not care for it.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Naples39 wrote:I should be there. Hopefully I will get a little practice in beforehand as well to choose a WTCC model I like.

Any care to share any notes on the matter? On our first poker night I enjoyed the WTCC BMW, but then I tried the Honda for race 1 in our series and did not care for it.
Apparently the BMW is the only car in WTCC that is not front wheel drive. All the others are. I had mad problems keeping the BMW from spinning but that was before I switched to manual tranny, which I'm sure would help cure my ills. I think I settled on the Seat because it had won some WTCC championships recently. The Chevy I like a lot, but in the bonnet view it's very disorienting becuase the hood is featureless and smooth.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Zeppo wrote:
Naples39 wrote:I should be there. Hopefully I will get a little practice in beforehand as well to choose a WTCC model I like.

Apparently the BMW is the only car in WTCC that is not front wheel drive. All the others are. I had mad problems keeping the BMW from spinning but that was before I switched to manual tranny, which I'm sure would help cure my ills. I think I settled on the Seat because it had won some WTCC championships recently. The Chevy I like a lot, but in the bonnet view it's very disorienting becuase the hood is featureless and smooth.
Which WTCC car is easiest to control? I want to jump in tonite and hopefully keep up a little with you guys.

Fshguy
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Fshguy »

I'm in...

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I will be there.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Wolfed down my dinner to try to make it.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

wow talk about bad timing! 10 seconds after the race started, I had to run. Oh well, next time. Hope u guys had a good race.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Fun racing last night gang! Really quick, here is the finishing order:
  • WTCC at Valencia
    P L Driver
    1 16 Ragehawk
    2 16 Fshguy
    3 16 CP Zeppo
    4 16 J Cauthen
    5 16 MixDJ1
    6 16 XXXIV 34
    7 16 vader29
    8 13 JackB1
And here are the current standings through three rounds:
  • WTCC Series Standings

1. CP Zeppo / 15
    2. Fshguy / 12
    3. Ragehawk / 10
    4. theycallhimsim / 10
    6. J Cauthen / 8
    7. spooky157 / 6
    8. MixDJ1 / 5
    9. Naples39 / 4
    10. MacMac858 / 4
    11. XXXIV / 4
The only reason I'm on top is because I've scored points in all the races. Folks like Terry, spooky, Naples and Simo have only been in one race apiece!

The fourth and final round of the WTCC Series will take place next Monday at the Circuit de Pau, the shortest of the street circuits in the game. Those walls should make things interesting.

I'll fill in the times of last night's finish later tonight.

Thanks for racing!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Once again...It was a blast. Good times boys. For me, it goes to show, that you dont have to be any good to have fun.

Good having TC in the race...Even though it drops my .00001% chance of winning to 0...Its cool to see how it should be done as you get lapped.

I was blaming lack of a tire change last night but a good craftsman never blames his tools 8) ....I was total s*** the last 5? laps after a nasty spin out coming out of turn 1 I lost all confidence and focus. The worse I drove the worse I drove.... and as we all know a worse me is pretty f***in bad :P

I love this game :D

P.S. I hate Circuit de Pau and I hate Zeppo.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I'm really glad I was able to squeeze in there, thanks for having me.

It's been a tough month or so for me, my schedule has been pretty tight in the evenings on Mondays. It felt really good to just cut loose on a track for a couple hours.

Following Zeppo around Pau in our short race was pretty nuts. And 34, your move to blow by both of us was epic. Very, very well done.

...and Pau is going to suck on a longer race with more vehicles.

Carnage.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Ok guys, so here is the breakdown of last night's race:
  • DSP Race Pro WTCC MLR at Valencia
    P / L / Driver / Car / Best Lap / Gap Time
    1 / 16 / Ragehawk /Chevrolet Lacetti / 01:46.681 / 29:32.191
    2 / 16 / Fshguy / Peugeot 407 / 01:48.974 / +57.071
    3 / 16 / CP Zeppo / Seat Leon / 01:48.870 / +1:05.623
    4 / 16 / J Cauthen / Honda Accord / 01:49.934 / +1:10.361
    5 / 16 / MixDJ1 / Honda Accord / 01:50.777 / +1:54.310
    6 / 16 / XXXIV 34 / Seat Leon / 01:51.640 / +1:56.977
    7 / 16 / vader29 / Honda Accord / 01:53.813 / +2:54.819
    8 / 13 / JackB1 / Chevrolet Lacetti / 01:54.263 /
That makes the points pay out as follows:
  • 10 Ragehawk
    6 Fshguy
    4 CP Zeppo
    3 J Cauthen
    2 MixDJ1
    1 XXXIV 34
And the current standings of the DSP Race Pro WTCC MLR Series:
  • WTCC Series Standings

1. CP Zeppo / 15
    2. Fshguy / 12
    3. Ragehawk / 10
    4. theycallhimsim / 10
    6. J Cauthen / 8
    7. spooky157 / 6
    8. MixDJ1 / 5
    9. Naples39 / 4
    10. MacMac858 / 4
    11. XXXIV / 4
I had a lot of fun last night. I clearly stayed out too long before pitting. It's hard to tell how much you are losing with the tires if you aren't paying close attention to your lap times and are as sloppy as I am from lap to lap. I went off badly on that tight left in the middle of the circuit on my in lap, and the previous lap had been a really good one. Even so, I probably should have come in one lap after Fshguy finally relented from right behind me, where he was losing ground for a few laps, but I stayed out thinking I could stretch out my lead.

But when I came back on the track, there I was sandwiched betweed Fshguy and J Cauthen, and I was not doing well for the first few laps back on the track. After nearly losing the car completely on that last right-hander, that little uphill deal, J Cauthen got past me easily, but I was lucky to take 3rd place back on turn 3 after he got squrrely in turns 1 and 2 a couple of laps later.

We had some really good racing for a lot of the race. Fshguy was right up my tailpipe for a long time at the start, but he couldn't make that passing move. Then, after my pit, I had a great back and forth battle for most of the remainder with J Cauthen.

The race at Pau should be really interesting. Where to pass, besides the pits? Who will have to go in to repair damage after hitting the walls? I find it to be a pretty fun track to race, once you figure out what the heck is going on. It's really short and really doesn't have a lot of turns, so it's not that bad for a street course.

But start getting used to those GT Club cars. I really like a few of them, but I have no idea which one I will choose for our upcoming series.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I wasnt sure where to post :P ...but...

Im in for mondays race....and wednesday hockey if you guys have it.