RACE Pro Tonight (Friday, Feb 20th)?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Gangrel wrote:Based on his admitting of a martini and his unusual poor spelling in his message, 10 bucks says Zep is too drunk later to play, or if he is, you might want to pray you're not starting a race around him!
For similar reasons, albeit related more to Stella Artois than Martini, it's probably an idea for me to not race tonight after all. I'm off work all next week so if anyone gets a night going then, I'll make sure I stay sober for it.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Dudes, I keep getting booted. I have this problem with most of the Live games I try. Since moving to the new house I've had to switch to using wireless for my 360, and I think it's causing some problems. I'll have ot figure something else out before I can race with you guys.

Have fun!
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DChaps wrote:I would like to join as well and should be able to make 10pm EST, but I have yet to successfully join online and I can't figure out if it is a problem with my setup or what.
I'm continuing to have problems joining races also Don, and I've got an Open NAT. I haven't even made it into the cockpit in the three races I've joined since 7:00 PM tonight. I get a "disconnected from host message" each time.

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

Well, I think my issue is that my NAT is "moderate".. Unfortunately, nothing I can do about it (as my brother has the modem/router atm, and I wont be getting one from my job till April 1)..

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Kick ass racing :D

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Fellas,

That was insane fun last night. I've not gone to bed that late due to gaming in a very long time. Being more of a "casual" racer who would like to hone my skills over time, I am quickly learning that there is a serious price to be paid for not running a decent line. I've also learned that I can make the same mistake at the same spot 5 laps in a row.

Thanks again for having me.

~ Fifa
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I was finally able to join two different sessions last last night/early this morning. One of them was totally lag free and we went through 3 races without anyone getting disco'ed. The host of this session said that he has learned that limited the number of entrants to 7, in his case, was what he thought was the key.

I joined another session that had 6 to 8 racers through 3 races. There was some lag going on in this one with two or three of the gamers. One lag incident took the 3rd place car out, right in front of me, when it appeared that the 2nd place car teleported over to his line going into a turn. I got rear ended in one race in this session where the other game said that I had warped.

Overall, I was astonished at the caliber of driving I saw in these two sessions. I never witnessed what I thought was a malicious wreck. I got T-boned in one race, but it was due to my spinning out. I knew there was a car behind me and I tried to duck out of his way, but his evasive manuever was in synch with a collision course with my move.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

FifaInspected wrote: I've also learned that I can make the same mistake at the same spot 5 laps in a row.
Yes...Thats how I do it .

Especially the last race at Road America...I kept missing the same turn. It was late but as far as I know they dont change the track from lap to lap. :P

Im really loving this ugly as sin game.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

"Fix" for FFB on Microsoft Wheel

Post by J_Cauthen »

A user by the handle of "Brodee" posted this workaround for getting force feedback at Atari's forum:

Alright guys I'm in the majority who have had NO FFB at all from the wheels other than a slight tension going on. I decided to try the controller for the first time tonight wondering if the rumble worked. It worked of course, so I entered a Hot Seat versus match and entered the wheel as player 2. Controller had first shot but once it made the switchover to my wheel I had full FFB in all its glory! I couldn't believe it somehow the controller triggered the FFB..

I started up the xbox again with the wheel only and it went back to no feedback! I tried a few other things like having wheel as 1P and controller as 2P but that didn't work. Attempted starting with the controller then turn it off and come in with wheel but it always kicks wheel to 2nd player.

Only way I get the FFB to kick in is the controller running first in the Hot Seat Versus matchup. Once the switchover is made I'm in bliss. If the wheel starts off the FFB never kicks in! Is there a way to start with the controller and turn it off and put the wheel as 1st player?

Thats as far as I've gone. I hope someone can expand on this and find out how we get a permanent FFB going on for those without it. At the very least I know it's not my wheel and this can be fixed with a patch no problem..

So yes FFB does exist for those who haven't felt it yet! We just need to figure this out cause god knows how long a patch could take..I hope by morning you smart euro guys will have this solved.."

The follow-up posts seem to confirm that this workaround gets the job done. Now if I can only find my pedals for my wheel :!: :?: :oops:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

J_Cauthen wrote:Overall, I was astonished at the caliber of driving I saw in these two sessions. I never witnessed what I thought was a malicious wreck. I got T-boned in one race, but it was due to my spinning out. I knew there was a car behind me and I tried to duck out of his way, but his evasive manuever was in synch with a collision course with my move.
Pretty much every DSP race the last 6 years has been that way....Especially since PK retired from consoles :P

We all seem to know our limitations. As in Im suck :D

I did hit someone pretty hard the first lap at Brands...The car was in a place I didnt expect it to be. Was that you?.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

XXXIV wrote: Pretty much every DSP race the last 6 years has been that way....Especially since PK retired from consoles :P
I've been in a some of those in TOCA 2 and 3, Forza 2, and NASCAR 09. Oddly though, my fondest memories of DSP racing come from TOCA 2, even though I like TOCA 3 better, overall.
We all seem to know our limitations. As in Im suck :D
I know my limitations all too well... number one is that I don't belong on the track with a controller instead of a wheel. I'm more inept now than ever with the standard controller!
I did hit someone pretty hard the first lap at Brands...The car was in a place I didnt expect it to be. Was that you?.
I wasn't able to find the race last night, but I was also frantically searching for my pedals at the time... which I still haven't found!? I'm dying to try this out after hearing reports from people who've implemented Brodee's workaround.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

XXXIV wrote:
That might have been me. I remember one race I got hit from behind in the opening, but can't recall if it was Brands or not. In any event, it's all good. I think I knocked vadar sideways at one point as well pushing too hard underneath him in a corner....

Playing with you guys I know all the punts and bruises are accidental and just add to the fun of it all.

I've forgotten how much fun it is to race online, as I think Forza 2 would be the last racing game I've played on the 360.

I also reminded myself how much more careful I am around human drivers then I am around the AI, which usually drops me backwards in the field pretty bad. I end up braking earlier then i would normally, etc. Throw that in with still learning the tracks so I can plan my moves better, and on more then one occasion I dropped from 2nd on the grid to last!

At least I redemmed myself in the last race by clawing back up to 4th. ;)
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

There is simply a mutual respect to race sim with this crowd. Any accidents are accidental in nature.

Once we got people into the game last night I thought things worked out very well. Minimal lag (except for when people would join the session) and then there was the earthquake that hit when jack joined the session ;)

Glad you made it Jack.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected