NCAA '09 impressions

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Phototropic
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Phototropic »

I shelved the game prior to the patch but am also really enjoying things now. Last night Vandy's QB took off for a 57 yard TD and I just couldn't catch him as I was committed to the other side of the field.

I'm just tweaking sliders since I really haven't played many games prior to last week and then I'll be ready to go.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Just played my first full game post patch. Indeed Kickoff Returns have been fixed. Also, did they fix FGs? I had an incredible game. The cpu team missed a last sec fg that was like 30 yards. Then in ot, i called a to to freeze them, the camera angle changed for the try, and he missed again from about 20 yards. It was cool. The cpu eventually beat me but the game felt more tighter.

On offense, I threw 3 picks which was a first for me. Seems like the defense improved on the short routes?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Ok.. this is my favorite next gen football game to date. Just had a great game vs Buffalo... I won 45-22, but the game was so much fun.

Mizzou is #5 in the nation at 4-0 with a bye week and then we head to Nebraska to play the 3-0 Huskers.

#1 Georgia was beat by South Carolina.. so it should be an interesting season.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

MizzouRah wrote:Ok.. this is my favorite next gen football game to date. Just had a great game vs Buffalo... I won 45-22, but the game was so much fun.

Mizzou is #5 in the nation at 4-0 with a bye week and then we head to Nebraska to play the 3-0 Huskers.

#1 Georgia was beat by South Carolina.. so it should be an interesting season.
When I first got the game i thought it was too fast. then after playing madden for the last 2 weeks, and going back to ncaa, now it feels just right. To me, again LIKE NFL2K, this game has those intangibles like that game had that I am not seeing in madden. Things that just happen like they would in real life, not scripted, but realistic. Like those missed fg's I posted about earlier or a late game fumble to give you a chance.

Darkbandit
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Darkbandit »

So I picked up a copy from Gamestop and am having a bit of fun with it. Am just wondering who's rosters everyone seems to be using.

Edit: Should have said that I picked it up for 360 as well.

skinsfan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by skinsfan »

I'm using DKrauses' from OS.You can get them from his EA Locker,his GT is RomanCaesar. They have been extensively updated and haven't glitched on me yet.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm using Fairdale Kings.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Fry's is selling the game until Wednesday @ 49.99 if anyone is still on the fence.

Phototropic
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Phototropic »

skinsfan wrote:I'm using DKrauses' from OS.You can get them from his EA Locker,his GT is RomanCaesar. They have been extensively updated and haven't glitched on me yet.
I plan on using these as well. They are incredibly accurate as far as getting the right players on each team from what I've seen.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Be afraid now that I know how to post videos .

My favorite college clip. I saved this one last month. Its from one of the 3 seasons I finished with 3 teams...End of the first half Oklahoma vs Washington. My version of the immaculate reception....

<embed src="http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.5.0.1 ... player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=355&width=425&file=http://videocdn.easw.easports.com/easpo ... f"></embed>

I have started a 4th one with SMU. Should be fun bringing them back from that death penalty.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

HAHA.. that was great XXXIV!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

That was freakin awesome :lol:

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Here's my long bomb. I threw into double coverage and still scored a TD.

<embed src="http://ll-999.ea.com/sonet-easw/2.5.0.1 ... player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=355&width=425&file=http://videocdn.easw.easports.com/easpo ... f"></embed>
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

haha murph.. how do you do the high step?

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

MizzouRah wrote:haha murph.. how do you do the high step?
Once you get in the open, hold "B" and depending on the distance from the endzone, the ball carrier will do different animations.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Murph wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:haha murph.. how do you do the high step?
Once you get in the open, hold "B" and depending on the distance from the endzone, the ball carrier will do different animations.
Thank you! I'll have to try that the next time Macklin gets the ball in the open field. :lol:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Well, I sold Madden and am thinking of renting NCAA 09'. I'm not sure I really want to purchase it, but I was curious how the game is playing after the most recent patch?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:Well, I sold Madden and am thinking of renting NCAA 09'. I'm not sure I really want to purchase it, but I was curious how the game is playing after the most recent patch?
It's definitely my favorite next gen console football game to date.

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

I just bought it today, so never played before patch, but right now it is FRIGGIN GREAT!!!!

I liked last years pretty well even though I didn't play it too long, but this game is really good!! I hate sliders and I don't think default AA is unplayable right now but I am on the hunt and probably will just have to come up with my own.
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:
It's definitely my favorite next gen console football game to date.
SEMINOLE wrote:I just bought it today, so never played before patch, but right now it is FRIGGIN GREAT!!!!
I agree...Great game...Best next gen football game...I would play it more but EA has been making it difficult with NHL, Madden and Tiger...

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

Traded in Madden today for this. I just wasn't playing Madden enough. I think it is a good game but I am just into college ball more than pro.

Played a quick game today on Varsity default. Felt good and had fun.

For those that are playing this and enjoying it, what level are you playing on? Did you tweak the sliders or is default okay?

I know talking sliders is frowned upon and I don't enjoy it either, but just wanted some feedback from those that have been playing for awhile.

Thanks.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Pete,

I'm on AA defaults.. the only issue I'm seeing is the CPU run game needs help on defaults, but playing on 8 min quarters, I'm not seeing a ton of running by the CPU either.

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

I did an entire online dynasty on some tweaked AA sliders, but most of us in the dynasty (12 owners, all 3 star teams) ended up in the top 25 and we had 4 teams in the top 10.

So, we just switched to Heisman for season 2 with some tweaked sliders that we found over at OS and the game is alot more fair for the CPU team.
XBoxJon
[url=http://live.xbox.com/member/XBoxJon]Gamer Profile[/url]
[url=http://live.xbox.com/en-us/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt=XBoxJon]Send me a XBL message[/url]

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

I tried some AA sliders that SEEMED suited to the CPU but I was shutting teams out. So now I am experimenting with a Heisman set. I played one game so far and they played nice. I was FSU and lost to Wake 20-9 but it was a fun game. I also read on OS that some guys are REALLY enjoying tweaked Varsity sliders. They said the games are FANTASTIC on this level so who knows. I am sure I would really need to tweak the CPU up.
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

wabash97
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by wabash97 »

are you guys finding that you get (or the CPU) any pressure on the QB? I'd seen that a few posters said line play was virtually non-existent ... .