OT: Taxes / Stimulus Checks

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: Taxes / Stimulus Checks

Post by JackB1 »

Has everyone gotten their stimulus checks? I still haven't received mine and was wondering if I was the only one? Also, I had to pay the IRS and had them deduct their payment directly from my checking account. Does that mean my stimulus check will be direct deposited into the same account? I went over all the stuff on the IRS page and they only mention if you "received" your check with direct deposit. Their web site is very confusing regarding the stimulus checks.[/u]

peabody
Mario Mendoza

Post by peabody »

I haven't received mine yet, but I will be getting a paper check. I think mine is supposed to be sent out in a week or two.

The following is from their website:

"Q. If I'm not expecting a refund, should I still fill out the direct deposit line on my return so I can get my stimulus payment directly deposited?

A. Yes. Even if you aren't due a refund on your tax return, filling out the bank routing information will allow for your stimulus payment to be directly deposited."

I would check the taxes you prepared to see if you filled out that line for direct deposit of the stimulus check. If you didn't fill out that line you may be getting a paper check in the mail.

I have also read in the news that some people got two checks and some none at all. So who knows. I'm sure you'll get something eventually. And I'm sure they'll find a way to make us pay it all back eventually too.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

We got ours in the mail Saturday. The week before we got a "notice" that stated the check was on it's way. :? Why do I need an additional notice telling me they are mailing out the check? This is after getting an initial notice months ago telling us that we should get a check. Government efficienacy at it's best.

And people want to put our government in charge of healthcare.
-Matt

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

matthewk wrote:And people want to put our government in charge of healthcare.
Actually, it would be kind of cool to get a notice that you were going to be sick before you got sick. :D

We got ours a few weeks ago, around the time we got our tax refund.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Brando70 wrote:
Actually, it would be kind of cool to get a notice that you were going to be sick before you got sick. :D
Assuming you're not looking at a statement of pre-admittance to the morgue... :lol:

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

Got mine in early May. Direct deposit.

I think it went in order of SS numbers or something.
XBoxJon
[url=http://live.xbox.com/member/XBoxJon]Gamer Profile[/url]
[url=http://live.xbox.com/en-us/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt=XBoxJon]Send me a XBL message[/url]

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Got it and used it along with my refund to stimulate myself with a Samsung 40" LCD.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I got mine in early May as well. I filed my taxes in early February and used direct deposit to receive my refund...not sure if that mattered.

I stimulated myself with a Macbook Pro yesterday! Thanks W!

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Leebo33 wrote:I stimulated myself with a Macbook Pro yesterday!
Just ewww... 8O

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

At least for the time being, mine is going right into our savings account.
-Matt

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

matthewk wrote:At least for the time being, mine is going right into our savings account.
You sir, are no patriot :) My check went towards a trip with the kids to the Wisconsin Dells. This was pre-flood, back before the Feds started blowing up levees and took the Dells out along with all those communities along the Mississippi. :)
Last edited by RobVarak on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

jondiehl wrote:Got mine in early May. Direct deposit.

It goes by the last two digits of your SS number. Here's the schedule:

http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html

Mine came at the worst time possible, a day before I was going on a little gambling excursion. I lost about half of it at the craps table. :(

I did nothing special with the other half, just paid bills.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

My George W. Bush token Band-Aid, er, stimulus check, went toward building the U.S.S. Nimitz, a big-ass elevated deck attached to the back of our house.

Received it a while ago. Not sure of the exact date, as The Frau handles all finances.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

lexbur wrote:
jondiehl wrote:Got mine in early May. Direct deposit.

It goes by the last two digits of your SS number. Here's the schedule:

http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html

Mine came at the worst time possible, a day before I was going on a little gambling excursion. I lost about half of it at the craps table. :(

I did nothing special with the other half, just paid bills.
The problem is I don't know if we are supposed to get it Direct Deposited or Paper Check. We didn't use Direct Deposit because we had to pay on our taxes....but they directly withdrew the money from my checking account. Won't this acct info be used to Direct Deposit my stimulus check?

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Did you have your taxes done by a service? If so, I remember something about it likely being a paper check, regardless of whether you put direct deposit info in or not.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

JackB1 wrote: The problem is I don't know if we are supposed to get it Direct Deposited or Paper Check. We didn't use Direct Deposit because we had to pay on our taxes....but they directly withdrew the money from my checking account. Won't this acct info be used to Direct Deposit my stimulus check?
Did you read peabody's response to you in this thread, the first after your question? Seems he gave you what to check...

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

Just got a notice saying the check should be here this week (or next). I already spent it with central air install last week, hehe.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

WillHunting wrote:Just got a notice saying the check should be here this week (or next). I already spent it with central air install last week, hehe.
Now THAT's a patriot. Someone who's willing to spend the money before he even has it ;)
-Matt

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

RobVarak wrote:My check went towards a trip with the kids to the Wisconsin Dells.
We go there almost every year now. It's great to stay a day or two at one of the indoor waterpark resorts in the winter. For $99 you get 2 days of the water parks and a room for the night.
-Matt

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

mine went to a new roof project... What the hell was I thinking????
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

FifaInspected wrote:mine went to a new roof project... What the hell was I thinking????
That sucks but at least you may keep out "MOLD GUY" hes a new super villan whos powers are frightening you into an insecure state and then takes all you have in the blink of an eye, thats right you wont even see him hes that quick.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

i don't get one...

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

We got our $1,200 cheque a few weeks ago, and I spent half of it on my wife's student loan. The other half is still unspent.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Got mine like 3 weeks ago.

I was surprised how quickly I received it.

Payed some bills, bought some clothing and stuff with it.

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

pk500 wrote:My George W. Bush token Band-Aid, er, stimulus check, went toward building the U.S.S. Nimitz, a big-ass elevated deck attached to the back of our house.

Received it a while ago. Not sure of the exact date, as The Frau handles all finances.

Take care,
PK
8 years in office and he finally did something for you. I think you should name it in his honor. :wink: