OT:At a loss - Happy Ending update

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Scoop, I am so sorry to hear that. My wife and I have been through one miscarriage after getting to the first ultrasound, and then have yet to have a child in the seven years since because of a Gordian knot of infertility issues. I will never forget the day I saw the baby on the ultrasound, only to be told a moment later that the pregnancy wouldn't last. It's depressing, despairing, and infuriating to go through things like this. Let it out, and then take comfort in the family you have. Those are the two things that can help you get through such a terrible event.

slyguy
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by slyguy »

Scoop sorry to hear. Stay strong, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family

johnvon314
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by johnvon314 »

Can't add much to what has been said except I am very sorry to read this. Even being a guy, I have to admit to shedding tears when I see stuff like this.

John

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

My heartfelt condolences, Scoop. Not that it should make you feel any better about things, but this sort of thing is more common than you may think, as shown by some of the previous posts already. You'll no doubt find both sympathy and understanding here.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

All I keep asking myself while I'm trying to fight back tears is how and why did this happen? I realize some things are unexplainable, but it isn't fair for it to happen to someone so compassionate and sincere as yourself. I'm sure I'm talking about your wife as well....

My deepest sympathy.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Todd,I have no words brother. Please know your family is in our prayers. PM me for my number if you ever need to talk.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Scoop,

Like the title of this thread, I am at a loss for words. I can't put myself in your shoes because I have never experienced what you and your wife have. All I can say is that I will say a prayer for both of you and hope that somehow you and she find peace and comfort.

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Very sorry to hear - my condolences.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Scoop, so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in my Prayers. If you need anything (talk, play online, etc.), please PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

My wife is pregnant so I hesitated to tell her this last night, but I did.. She knows who you are as every time you sign on to Live she sees your name pop up... We both send our wishes, thoughts and prayers.

BD
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

fatheadX
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by fatheadX »

Sorry to hear about your loss, Scoop. Know that we're thinking about you at this rough time.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

James_E wrote:Stay strong, but don't be afraid to let your feelings out with the missus. I'm sure she won't mind and a good cry together might be cathartic.
Scoop, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I think James (and everyone else for that matter) is giving great advice. We lost our first child very late in the pregnancy and I really kept the pain inside and hid my emotions from my wife. I have a 40 minute commute home from work. I usually cried on the way home in the car so my wife wouldn't see it. It wasn't until a year later on the anniversary date that I told her. I didn't realize that she didn't take it as me showing "strength." She just thought it didn't bother me that much, which is the furthest thing from the truth. We both had a good cry together and I think it brought us closer together. I am at work now and having trouble fighting back the tears both remembering my pain and feeling so very very sorry for you and your family right now.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Very sorry for your loss.

Hope you and your family get through this difficult time.

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

Sorry to hear this Scoop. I hope you and your family will able to get through something this terrible soon enough.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Thanks for all of the kind words guys. Trust me, it helps. I've been spending my time with my wife and daughter and it really does help. I have to admit that I totally lost it at 2:00 in the morning last night while lying in bed. It felt good to get some of it out. We go to the hospital tomorrow to get this over with. It just doesn't seem fair that my wife has to go through this for a second time. Something like this makes me realize just how special my daughter is to me though. No matter how gutted I'm feeling right now that little girl can put a smile on my face with just a quick look. She's helping my wife and I get through this and she doesn't even know.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Scoop, stay strong. I pray for you and your wife. I am so sorry.

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

Don't know what to say other than I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Rick

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Many have already said it better on this thread, but our thoughts are with you. Sadness and tragedy often have a way of strengthening our relationships and reasserting our appreciation for the things that bring us joy. May your family's future be filled with many happy times.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Hope you and your family are doing better with each day. I'm sorry to hear about this. You are right, it's not fair. The best thing to help get through it is to realize what you already have with your wife and daughter.

I can't say that I know exactly what you are going through, but I can realte. We had issues with both our pregnancies. Our son was born with a cleft lip and pallete. Hearing that during the first ultrasound was like having an anchor tied to my heart. That wasn't fair either; for him or us. But we made it through each day, and eventually things get better. Our second was a series of weekly ultrasounds due to an RH factor. Again, months of holding our breath and dealing with problems that did not seem right.

We don't always know why things happen, and a lot of times we can't control them. Stay positive, and know that you have already been blessed simply by having your daughter and wife there with you.
-Matt

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

Scoop, from my family to yours, our deepest sympathies and condolences. You are in our prayers.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

At this point I don't know if this is some sort of sick joke but I can tell you that the third time is definitely not a charm. I just found out yesterday that for the third time my wife's pregnancy will not make it and that we could schedule a DNC or wait for it to happen naturally. Supposedly they are going to run some tests to see if there's a reason why this keeps happening. It feels like every time I try to get back up I get kicked in the ribs. I'm hopeful that the tests will provide some sort of solution but that doesn't make it any easier now. Keep my wife in your prayers fellas.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Scoop:

I'm really sorry, dude. That is terrible news. Thoughts and prayers for you, your wife and your family.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Scoop, I am so sorry. That is terrible news.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Sorry to hear the sad news Scoop. Let your wife know everyone at DSP is thinking of her.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Scoop,

Terribly sorry about your loss, man. We're thinking about you guys.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin