NFL Season Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote: Wrong and wrong....but hey you have to be you.

Gross piece of s*** does need fans afterall.
Just because they won doesn't make me wrong, they were horrible in the 1st half. I'm glad the got the win.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:
XXXIV wrote: Wrong and wrong....but hey you have to be you.

Gross piece of s*** does need fans afterall.
Just because they won doesn't make me wrong, they were horrible in the 1st half. I'm glad the got the win.
Nope...The defense was crap in the 1st half except for peanut...I was just excited when they won :) ...had em with the spread and the way the Rams are playing I need someone I like to win .

yeah and I cant stand grossberger

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

I don't know whats worse, the Falcons OL or TO. Well, every Falcon fan knew Vick ran for a reason so I would have to guess TO. No one knows why he can't catch.

Edit: I have no clue what I am saying. The Falcons OL might be the worst line in history.
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

Oh well Dallas won.

Get ready for the lowest ratings on MNF for the year next week. Here is a prediction. Joey will get sacked 13 times, he will take nothing but 2 step drops and the crappy bust of a WR out of Ohio State, Michael Jenkins will try to block Strahan off the edge. It won't work.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

XXXIV wrote:Nope...The defense was crap in the 1st half except for peanut...I was just excited when they won :) ...had em with the spread and the way the Rams are playing I need someone I like to win .
So now it's okay to root for 2 teams? Didn't you whine last year about me liking both the Packers and Seahawks?
-Matt

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

matthewk wrote:
XXXIV wrote:Nope...The defense was crap in the 1st half except for peanut...I was just excited when they won :) ...had em with the spread and the way the Rams are playing I need someone I like to win .
So now it's okay to root for 2 teams? Didn't you whine last year about me liking both the Packers and Seahawks?
Since when do the seahags count as a team?

21- 0...damn that was sweet...The Steeleres just keep kicking your ass every time.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

As a Bills' fan, I have very limited amounts of discussion about last night's game. It can be summarized this way:

F*CK.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

XXXIV wrote:Since when do the seahags count as a team?

21- 0...damn that was sweet...The Steeleres just keep kicking your ass every time.
Who are the Streeleres? Were you trying to emulate the slurring of your speech? At least EVERY team they've played hasn't kicked their ass.

Way to be a hypocrite and not own up to it. The best you come up with is your usual lame Seahags rant :lol:
-Matt

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

pk500 wrote:As a Bills' fan, I have very limited amounts of discussion about last night's game. It can be summarized this way:

F*CK.

Take care,
PK
Speaking as someone who watched Dick Jauron snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on numerous occasions, I feel your pain.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'll take Jauron over Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey ANY day, though!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Ugh, thinking back to that game, that was as gutting a regular-season loss as I can remember.

The Bills did little wrong and still lost. Edwards looked a bit shaky in the fourth quarter when it mattered, and oh, if only Terrance McGee hung on to that near-interception with about three minutes left.

Ironic, too, that the Bills' special teams blew it on that outstanding onsides kick when the Buffalo special teams had played so well all night.

A great football game, though. Full credit to the Cowf*cks for hanging in there and scratching out a win. If Dallas goes a long way in the playoffs this season, it might look back to last night as a real character test, which it passed.

Take care,
PK

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

There was some real questionable clock keeping in that final 20 seconds. First 2 seconds elapsed on the onside kick? They even reviewed the play and didn't change the time. If you count from the time the Dallas player punched it until it is recover at best you have 14 seconds left.

I can't figure out what bothers me more about it, that the game was in buffalo and the time keeper screwed his own team or the fact that Dick Jauron just stood there like a deer in headlights and didn't say anything.

Hell I can't believe no one is talking about it at all.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

matthewk wrote:[Way to be a hypocrite and not own up to it. The best you come up with is your usual lame Seahags rant :lol:

I know My team sux...If you would have actually read the thread instead of spouting off like a little b*tch(you are what you are) you would have read a few posts where I "own up to it".

The bottom line is you think your 8th team is a contender...they are crap.

To quote that great philosopher Homer Simpson...'They are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked."

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

*In my best Dave Chappelle impersonation*: I meant owning up to being a hypocrite about rooting for multiple teams, b*tch.

To quote Mr Simpson again: "Doh!"
-Matt

sfz_T-car
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by sfz_T-car »

Danimal wrote:There was some real questionable clock keeping in that final 20 seconds. First 2 seconds elapsed on the onside kick? They even reviewed the play and didn't change the time. If you count from the time the Dallas player punched it until it is recover at best you have 14 seconds left.

I can't figure out what bothers me more about it, that the game was in buffalo and the time keeper screwed his own team or the fact that Dick Jauron just stood there like a deer in headlights and didn't say anything.

Hell I can't believe no one is talking about it at all.
How did Crayton get so open on the last play from scrimmage? With no timeouts remaining, Dallas' only options were a hail Mary or quick out. The Bills only rushed four so they had seven in coverage. They have to defense that like it's 3rd and 5, not 4th and 30. Whomever was guarding Crayton gave him a huge cushion.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

matthewk wrote:*In my best Dave Chappelle impersonation*: I meant owning up to being a hypocrite about rooting for multiple teams, b*tch.

To quote Mr Simpson again: "Doh!"
I root for a team and like a team in almost every game...example when the heartless hags played the Steelers...I liked the Steelers.

Only ONE is my team. The Bears are not My team.

Get it?! Mr 7 favorite teams.

You really are slow and to quote Mr Simpson a "jerkass".

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Take it to PM's, boys. This is our NFL season thread, not the "my cock is bigger than your cock" thread.

I'm not a mod, but I slept with Scoop and Jared in a killer Holiday Inn three-way last night. :)

Take care,
PK

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:Take it to PM's, boys. This is our NFL season thread, not the "my cock is bigger than your cock" thread.

I'm not a mod, but I slept with Scoop and Jared in a killer Holiday Inn three-way last night. :)

Take care,
PK
:lol:

You are ccorrect sir...

So which one of you had the biggest cock? :P 8)

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

pk500 wrote:Take it to PM's, boys. This is our NFL season thread, not the "my cock is bigger than your cock" thread.

Take care,
PK
Ok, back to talking about how much the Bills suck ;)
-Matt

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

matthewk wrote:

Take care,
PK
Ok, back to talking about how much the Bills suck ;)
The Bills suck cock. There, tied the threads together nice and neat.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

The horror......

...the only thing worse than that image is the Dolphins' season this year.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Michael Vick's going to have to win a lot of dog fighting bets to pay back $20 mil to the Falcons.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

I posted this on the Falcons board today.

This franchise could go 10-6 for the next 30 years in a row and still be only 3 games ABOVE .500.

They would win every game for the next 7 years and still be a losing franchise.

This team has had 5 winning season in the last 26 years.

The Patriots have had more winning seasons since 2000 than the falcons have had since Jimmy Carter was president.

The Falcons average record is 6-10.

Since Blank bought the team, the franchise is still below .500 so these stats are not getting any better, only worse.

And the one that everyone knows about, no back to back winning seasons ever.
Last edited by bdunn13 on Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Is that because he's not putting enough money into the team which in turn is because college football is bigger down there?

Yeah Atlanta would have these one-year spikes in wins and then be unable to sustain it.

Vick was suppose to be their franchise guy. But even without any off-field issues, that was questionable.

There must be a lot of second-guessing because of the way Schaub is playing in Houston.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

He is putting money into the team... He just built a brand new facility and always asks the coaches what he can get them to help the team win. You can only spend so much on players but you can spend all you want on equipment, boards, office space et al and its perfectly legal.

Off the field issues aside.,Vick was much better than non falcons fans give him credit for. He hid(from many fans) the problems with the team. Our OL is sooooo bad this year its pathetic. I am one who firmly believes its better to have a great OL and an average QB rather than a great QB and an average OL. The falcons line was bad when Vick was there, thats why he ran so much. He did not have a choice.

And Schaub would be a bust in Atlanta, just like Favre would have been here. Heck, Houston is the only team the Falcons have beaten this year. The Titans turned the ball over 5 times last week and the falcons 0 and the Falcons still lost. We had the ball on the 1 on first and goal and I told my wife we were not going to score and we didn't. We went backward when 1 yard would have tied the game.

Then Byron comes into the game when we had a receiver wide open.(5 + yards) Instead of hitting him, he throws a bullet into the stands. Byron has no business being on an NFL roster and the falcons are I believe paying him 3 million this year.

For two years in a row the team has went and gotten Morton Anderson after the season has started. They can't even find a decent kicker in the offseason. Rich McKay has no business running a team. They are truely a miserable organization.

Its truely a miserable franchise and town. The braves had maybe the best pitching staff of all time for many years and only have 1 ring to show for it. Heck, the Marlins have more.

The Hawks traded Dominique away for a scrub out of Kansas when they had the best record in the NBA and Jordan was playing for the White Sox... so they traded away a championship IMO. Its truely a miserable, loser city. Frustrating as a fan off all of those teams.

If I sound like a frustrated fanatical sports fan, I am.

Edit:

Did I mention my alma matter (Georgia) has lost 6 in a row to the SEC east and 15 out of 17 to Florida.