2007 NCAA Football Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm in SHOCK. SU's defense still sucks, letting Brohm throw for 500-plus.

But a WIN? At Louisville? With Andrew Robinson throwing for 430 yards? Pigs are f*cking flying in the 'Cuse right now, boys.

YEE-HAH!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

In celebration of NDs 0-4 start....Heres a nice audio spoof of ND fans

http://www.northtonorth.com/pages/sound ... reDame.mp3

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

The Chad Henne era has ended. Thank god.

Big win today against a darn good Penn State team. The win against ND told us nothing but this one gives a little more hope.

Go Blue!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RallyMonkey wrote:The Chad Henne era has ended. Thank god.

Big win today against a darn good Penn State team. The win against ND told us nothing but this one gives a little more hope.

Go Blue!
Hell Yes...what a huge difference without him...

I know I know it wasnt all his fault...The defense sucked ...but..Without Henne they will win the Big 10.

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

XXXIV wrote:In celebration of NDs 0-4 start....Heres a nice audio spoof of ND fans

Thanks for the laugh. I called my Uncle to congratulate him on Notre Dame's record-setting performance. Charlie Weis deserves all the praise in passing Bob Davie and standing alone on that hallowed pedestal. It took 119 years for Notre Dame to reach the nadir they did today.

My Uncle called me a series of unmentionable names and hung up.

Good times.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

EZSnappin wrote:
XXXIV wrote:In celebration of NDs 0-4 start....Heres a nice audio spoof of ND fans

Thanks for the laugh. I called my Uncle to congratulate him on Notre Dame's record-setting performance. Charlie Weis deserves all the praise in passing Bob Davie and standing alone on that hallowed pedestal. It took 119 years for Notre Dame to reach the nadir they did today.

Good times.
But remember: It's not Charlie Weis' fault. This is actually a theory being floated as legitimate by Domer Nation. Many people on message boards are blaming poor recruiting by Tyrone Willingham as the only reason ND sucks like a Hoover.

That's hilarious. Funny, because Chargin' Charlie did pretty well with Ty's recruits the last two seasons.

I wonder how ND likes that 10-year contract it granted to Genius Weis in 2005? Willingham was fired after he went 6-6 in his third season. Charlie is staring down the barrel at 0-8. Will ND throw Savior Charlie to the scrap heap in December, too?

Sorry, the hilarity is too much to ignore.

P.S.: Nice line today for intergalactic Jimmy Clausen -- 7-for-13 for 53 yards. Compare that with Andrew Robinson's 17-for-26 for 423 yards and four TD's in Syracuse's shocker today. Very NICE ... :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
EZSnappin wrote:

Good times.
But remember: It's not Charlie Weis' fault. This is actually a theory being floated as legitimate by Domer Nation. Many people on message boards are blaming poor recruiting by Tyrone Willingham as the only reason ND sucks like a Hoover.

That's hilarious. Funny, because Chargin' Charlie did pretty well with Ty's recruits the last two seasons.

I wonder how ND likes that 10-year contract it granted to Genius Weis in 2005? Willingham was fired after he went 6-6 in his third season. Charlie is staring down the barrel at 0-8. Will ND throw Savior Charlie to the scrap heap in December, too?

Sorry, the hilarity is too much to ignore.

P.S.: Nice line today for intergalactic Jimmy Clausen -- 7-for-13 for 53 yards. Compare that with Andrew Robinson's 17-for-26 for 423 yards and four TD's in Syracuse's shocker today. Very NICE ... :)

Take care,
PK
Double standard big time.

Usually the race card seems to be played at poor times....This case reeks of racism.

Weiss was a god to these fools last year...now they blame Willingham?...Every day in every way why I hate ND becomes even clearer.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Has Gerry Faust been sought for comment?

Take care,
PK

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

USC is 3-0, Notre Dame is 0-4. Life is good.
-BK

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

nm
Last edited by Bill_Abner on Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

XXXIV wrote:
I know I know it wasnt all his fault...The defense sucked ...but..Without Henne they will win the Big 10.
That game was less about Michigan as it was the Penn State Top 10 team fraud finally being exposed.
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Bill_Abner wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
That game was less about Michigan as it was the Penn State Top 10 team fraud finally being exposed.
I am not sure there's a Big 10 team worthy of being in the Top 10.
-BK

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

Two weeks in a row there were exciting games involving the Crimson Tide. I don't know how he does it, but Mark Richt's teams always seem to play with poise on the road. That was a fun game to watch. Michigan - Penn St, not so much.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Bill_Abner wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
Im not argueing that...but...I dont like Ohio st at all this year :P

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

kevinpars wrote:Two weeks in a row there were exciting games involving the Crimson Tide. I don't know how he does it, but Mark Richt's teams always seem to play with poise on the road. That was a fun game to watch. Michigan - Penn St, not so much.
Richt never gets very high or low, I think thats why.... The only team that still owns Georgia is Florida... and that Richt, Donnhan, and Goff have all suffered from the hands of the Gators over the past 17 years.

The good thing about the Dawgs is they are playing 3 freshman on the OL(2 true) and still competing.... Then there is Moreno, man I am glad he is a Dawg... he is already my favorite current Georgia player.

On D, they seem solid but there are not ANY playmakers on D..... we don't have a Thomas Davis, David Pollack, Greg Blue, Tony Taylor or Tra Battle... Someone has to step up if not for this year, for next......... As this year I think there is USC, LSU, Florida and then everyone else..... I think the gap between 3 and 6 is as large as its ever been.
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

bdunn13 wrote:
kevinpars wrote:Two weeks in a row there were exciting games involving the Crimson Tide. I don't know how he does it, but Mark Richt's teams always seem to play with poise on the road. That was a fun game to watch. Michigan - Penn St, not so much.
Richt never gets very high or low, I think thats why.... The only team that still owns Georgia is Florida... and that Richt, Donnhan, and Goff have all suffered from the hands of the Gators over the past 17 years.

The good thing about the Dawgs is they are playing 3 freshman on the OL(2 true) and still competing.... Then there is Moreno, man I am glad he is a Dawg... he is already my favorite current Georgia player.

On D, they seem solid but there are not ANY playmakers on D..... we don't have a Thomas Davis, David Pollack, Greg Blue, Tony Taylor or Tra Battle... Someone has to step up if not for this year, for next......... As this year I think there is USC, LSU, Florida and then everyone else..... I think the gap between 3 and 6 is as large as its ever been.
Thing I loved about the 'Bama game was Richt went straight for the jugular in OT. And Stafford showed no hesitation and threw an absolute strike. You couldn't have thrown that ball any better.

I don't think UGA challenges for the SEC this year, because UF and LSU are so tough, but imo, UGA is a year away from making some noise on a national level.
-BK

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

Yeah, that was Bobo's idea but of course Richt approved it. It was a strange OT.. there was talk of B Spears, then the game was over.....
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

USF makes a statement with a big win over W. Virginia. Defense attacked and totally shut down White and Slaton.

hellbent
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by hellbent »

snaz16 wrote:USF makes a statement with a big win over W. Virginia. Defense attacked and totally shut down White and Slaton.
GREAT win by USF last night. I'm just hoping that the Bulls don't take any Big East team lightly the rest of the way, with trips to Rutgers, Pitt and the 'Cuse still on the radar. USF has had a tendency to kill a better-rated team one week, then get shut down by a weaker program the next week (see ugly losses to Cincy and Pitt, despite big wins over Louisville, TCU, WVU the last 2 years), so maintaining a high level of focus is going to be their key to winning the East this year.

A reporter at the end of the broadcast kept trying to pry bulletin board material out of Coach Levitt at the end of the game, but he wasn't having it. Rather, he repeated over and over that anyone can lose to anyone else in the Big East this year. Very, very true. There are maybe 5 teams that I could easily see winning that conference this year, depending on who gets their sh*t together.

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

This is my weekly post commemorating the most enjoyable season of Notre Dame football of all time.

If they keep this up I'm going to have trouble continuing to gloat over their truly historical level of suck. At some point I might feel pity. If I reach that point I'll let you all know. :D
Last edited by EZSnappin on Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Buffs with a nice comeback win to take down the #4 ranked Sooners.

Loving it!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

EZSnappin wrote:This is my weekly post commemorating the most enjoyable season of Notre Dame football of all time.

If they keep this up I'm going to have trouble continuing to gloating over their truly historical level of suck. At some point I might feel pity. If I reach that point I'll let you all know. :D
:lol:

With the Rams suckage.....Charlie weiss is saving football for me this fall....

What a disgrace...

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

PRBoom wrote:Buffs with a nice comeback win to take down the #4 ranked Sooners.

Loving it!
That was a huge wow....wow...wow...WOW!

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Cal barely survives at Oregon, first win in Eugene in 20 years.

Will move in to the top 5 with the upsets of OU and WVU but with their questionable defense, they'll be playing for second place in the Pac 10.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

Florida goes down. Gotta love it.