What to do with Xbox Live?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

What to do with Xbox Live?

Post by JOZ »

I've got a little problem maybe some of you could help out with. I live out in the boonies and my only answer for broadband is with Dish Network. $50/month for their "silver" service. It's somewhat steep, but this will allow us to get rid of our home phone line ($30/month) and Dial-up ($10/month). If anyone has any suggestions on that I'd be glad to hear them.

But here is the real question. I was reading on the XBox Live site that it doesn't support satellite ISP's. Can anyone confirm this?

If this is true, would there be any problem with taking my 360 to my brothers one day and using the 48 hour trial card and getting the updates (mainly the mlb2k7 patch)?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Every Xbox 360 come with a Xbox Live Silver account which allows you to get online to get demos, xbox live arcade games and patches. The only thing Gold does for your is to allow you to play multiplayer. So you don't need one of the 48 hour cards...just create a silver account when you're at your brother's place and then install to your hearts content, then take your system back to your hut.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Confirmed , you cant do xboxlive over sattelite. I have a friend who lives in the boonies :twisted:

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Great. Thanks to both of you.