DSP WE League: Official Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

It's been really tough for me to get in games this summer with my change of scenery. I'll get in as many as I can on Sunday, but seems nearly impossible to get more than 3 in.

In that regard, I'll probably have to take next season off. No sense in signing up if I can't get the games in, for my sake and everyone else's. I'll be back in late summer/fall though no doubt.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I like the game alot but I have had various problems getting games in...

I did play two last night with Macca but um...the ladies are making life really hard right now....

Wh doesnt love to be told to choose?

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

Jared & XXXIV, I will be on this weekend. Especially after 10pm.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

In a game marred by fan violence Olympique dismantled a confused and dismayed Real Madrid side 2-0. Only great goal keeping and luck kept the score that low.
With Olympique having game in hand the disgruntled Real fans, disgusted at the play of their over payed players, began rioting causing a stoppage in play.
Also of note ...Real's Cannavaro, losing his mind, in a pathetic meltdown only Zidane could appreciate commited a pointless and disgusting foul earning him a red card ejection.

Olympique de Marseille 2 0 Real Madrid

Niang 20'
Cisse 55'

Red Card ....Cannavaro 44'

Good game Met...I enjoyed watching you show me how to play :P

See you next season?

bphilipb
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by bphilipb »

I'm out for next season. I have had a busy work schedule and a rough personal life that has sucked the life right out of my gaming time.

I will be back the season after next.

BB

met34
Mario Mendoza

Post by met34 »

I am out for July season. But I will be back in August.

met34
Mario Mendoza

Post by met34 »

no more pes?

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

met34 wrote:no more pes?
This has been one of the greatest runs of any league I've ever seen, but sadly it seems to have been put on hiatus for the time being. Zep and Jason deserve a ton of credit for keeping this thing going as not just a long-running but also an incredibly fun league.

Of course, I'd be more than happy to keep on trucking, if there's interest.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

From what I know, the league isn't done but on a temporary break until a date to be determined by Zeppo. I'm sure he'll pop in and let us know what's up.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Yes, I consider this a hiatus in the league, not it having ended. I would very much like to get it going again, but I don't think I will be able to do so for another month or so, say in the first or second week of September.

It goes without saying that I would wish the new version of the game for 360 could be released here around the same time as it is released in Europe (I assume in October), but alas what is Konami but impenetrably illogical in this area? In fact, I would have to say that my understanding that the PS3 is region-free makes me want that machine just so I can have this game sometime this fall, but there's no way I'm going to get one.

Anyway, look for this thing to get started up again with sign-ups and team selection sometime after the first of September.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Yeah, no sense in getting it started until after the DSP Madden 08 League has folded in the 2nd week of September :D

I'll probably be back in for the next go around. I think I'll be in Europe in early November and will probably pickup the PS3 version then if I can afford the game given the terrible performance of the dollar vs. Euros.

On a related note, I was thinking about picking up Mario Strikers for my 4 year old, but tried to get him to play WE instead. I can tell you this...teaming with my 4 year old to play vs. the CPU on 2 stars is great fun! Seeing his reaction after he scored his first goal was priceless.

Cloud
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Cloud »

go ahead and sign me up...just got into my new house and should have eveything set up soon...been out of gaming for 2 months and it hurts :D
XBL Gamertag: St Cloud

Cloud
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Cloud »

What is the status on the new league? :)

Cloud
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Cloud »

ok...anyone interested in starting this league back up??

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?