DSP WE League: Official Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Hey Guys,

Sorry for my absence, I've been busy with work and then when I was online I had some friends over who wanted to check out the Halo 3 demo.

Sorry, I missed your msg & invite, Met!

I can play Tuesday and Thursday this week after 10pm EST - msg me and we can set up times.

Cheers,
Macca

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

2nd Half Schedule For Season 10 Is Up

Post by Zeppo »

2nd Half Schedule Is Posted

Folks, the schedule for the remainder of Season Ten is posted at the SGN site, and those games are ready to be played. The deadline for the completion of Season Ten is Sunday, June 10. Please do your best to get your games played by then. Extensions will be liberally granted, but must be requested.

Have fun, and play fair!

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Met,

I didn't get a friend request from you. My Live name is JaredM...try again (or I'll send one to you). For other D2 opponents, I'm available tonight after 7:30pm EST. PM me if you can play.

Jared

met34
Mario Mendoza

Post by met34 »

Marseille :0 vs West Ham: 1

9(3) shots( on target) 14(9)

1 free kicks 8
1 corners 4
1 yellow 1
1 red 0
47 possession 53

Great game that saw a lot of action except goals. One was enough for West Ham. I think Tevez scored the goal around 35 minute.

West Ham and Marseille missed a lot chances in the first half. West Ham had good chances from counter attacks in the second half. Marseille defender had to make the tackle to save another goal to keep Marseille in the game, but he was sent off.

Good game, Macca.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Great game, Met! Despite the lack of scoring it was a lot of fun - really nerve wracking stuff for me, Cisse could have had a hat trick!

Indeed it was Tevez that scored.....my precious Tevez........:)

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Just wanted to apologize for my delinquency in playing games. Just started new summer job last week, and often am not home til 10 or so. I'll do my best to be available the next few nights between 9-11 est, and this weekend. Send me a PM if those times work for you.

bphilipb
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by bphilipb »

I have to apologize too. I have been real busy with Nationals games and it has killed my playing time.

I will be available Thursday - Saturday to play all comers. Please let me know if any DII players want to play.

Thanks.

BB

Cloud
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

PREMIERSHIP!

Post by Cloud »

Anyone around Thursday thru the weekend to get some games in?
XBL Gamertag: St Cloud

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Div 2'ers;

I'm away Friday, Sat & most of Sunday so if anyone can play tonight (Thursday 31st) - lemme know. I'll be online after dinner (8pm EST) so just msg me - I'll either be playing WE or Viva Pinata (I'm hardcore, son).

I'm also up for playing back to back matches, so if you want to play the home and then the away match (we just switch up who's hosting), that's fine with me.

Cheers,
Macca

PS If you injure Tevez I will kill you.

EDIT: Gamertag - "DrMacca"

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

D2, I am online tonight.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Div 2 Result:

West Ham 6 vs. Arsenal 2

Henry
Fabregas

Ashton
Tevez x 4
Bowyer

It was the Carlos Tevez show as the little Argentinian scored 4 goals while Jens Lehman had yet another nightmare match for Arsenal. In fact, Lehman was pulled at half-time with the score 4-1 West Ham with Manuel Almunia coming in for the man Arsenal fans call "Mad Jens".

Eight goals in the match, six of which belonged to West Ham but the two highlites of the match belonged to Arsenal. First, Henry opened the scoring with a 35 yard dipping, swerving free kick goal that not only beat Robert Green in the West Ham net, but also beat Paul Konchesky on the line. A sure contender for goal of the season.

The second Sports Center moment belonged to Phillipe Senderos who made a stunning goal-line clearance from Tevez after the West Ham striker had rounded Almunia and had the goal gaping.

6-2 the final score but Arsenal's long-layoff in the off-season was evident as the spent the first half shaking off the cob-webs. The return fixture is scheduled for Sunday night and Arsenal's manager lsdean has already stated that Lehman will not be starting....

:)

Great game, lsdean. See you Sunday night!

met34
Mario Mendoza

Post by met34 »

bubbaball and jaredm please accept my fried requests or send me one. My gamertag is met34.

I am hoping to play at least two games this weekend.

Thanks,
Emre

bphilipb
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by bphilipb »

Met34..

I will accept tonight and look for you. I will be available late Saturday and late Sunday.

BB

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Just a reminder that I'm still 360-less. I called for the coffin on Tuesday, still don't have it.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

I'm unavailable for gaming this weekend, but I will be on Sunday evening (probably after 8pm), so feel free to PM me to schedule afterwards. And met, I'll send you a friend request then.

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

Div 2 Result:

West Ham 2 vs. Arsenal 4

Another West Ham-Arsenal classic. In a surprising turn of events, the Arsenal manager decided to stay with Lehmann in goal. Lehmann, motivated by his benching last game, made the decision look like it was the right one.

West Ham struck first off of a short corner to Coker who drilled a shot into the farside netting. Henry got on track with 2 goals in the last 10 minutes of the first half. Tevez got on the scoring sheet to tie the match. Henry gave the Arsenal hope of stealing 3 points when he completed his hat trick with 17 minutes to play. Ljundberg secure Arseanl's first points against the powerful West Ham club when he received a nice ball from Henry and put it into the back of the net.

Arsenal West Ham
9(7) Shots 15(10)
0 Pen 0
4 FK 1
2 CK 2
1(1) Fouls 4(2)
0 Yellows 0
0 Reds 0
48 Possesion 52

17' Coker
36' Henry
42' Henry
60' Tevez
73' Henry
87' Ljundberg

Great game as usual Macca. I enjoy it everytime.

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

Zep,

The standings for Macca and myself are messed up.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

lsdean,

As always an absolute thrill, bro. What a match!

Your wing play was amazing, drawing my defenders out of position, great stuff! It's too bad you can't save matches (perhaps I should wait for Konami to work on replays first) because that was a thriller!

Now go beat Met! :)

Cheers,
Macca

Zep,
Yeah, the League site seems to have screwed up the stats. Says I've played 5 matches when I've only played three (and only three results are listed). Just an FYI. Thanks.

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

Zep, it is fixed.

met34
Mario Mendoza

Post by met34 »

Marseille 1 Vs Arsenal 1

70 cisse
84 Henry

12(5) shots on target 9 (3)
2 free kicks 4
5 corner kicks 2
1 yellow 0
46 possession 54

Marseille lost the edge at the end and paid the price as Henry found the ball in front of him and goalkeep off his line and placed the shot to the corner and gave Arsenal 1 goal along with 1 point.

Arsenal's goalkeeper ( not Lehman) was the hero from the first half as he kept the scoreline 0-0.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Met,

Sorry I couldn't play tonight - was playing Forza online and had to call it a night. U able to play tomorrow?

lsdean,
Only 1-1? What do I pay you for?!?! At least tell me you injured Cisse! ;)

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

I could not catch him.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

lsdean wrote:I could not catch him.
LOL

met34
Mario Mendoza

Post by met34 »

Tuesday, I might be working late. But I could play today ( monday) or wednesday. Remind me to sit out the one guy againts you with the red card who is the defender.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Met,

Okay, we'll play Wednesday, you're on the West Coast, correct? Just let me know roughly what time you'll be online.

The defender with the red card - that was Cisse, right? ;)