MLB Season discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Inuyasha wrote:I am getting sick of the ESPN hype that how this is such a big series even though its April. They're covering it like it's the playoffs. Too much overkill.
But the season doesn't really start until the Yankees and Red Sox play, just ask ESPN, they say it enough.

I'm just happy my local Fox affiliate gave us Cubs-Cards today instead so the entire three-game series isn't nationally televised here.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Inuyasha wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Just look at October...that's all that counts in NY.

I am getting sick of the ESPN hype that how this is such a big series even though its April. They're covering it like it's the playoffs. Too much overkill.
That's Boston/New York for ya...it's like that every year.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

First triple play of the season by none other than the Phillies and yes they win the game too.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The Mets just got an up close and personal view of the Braves new and improved bully. A bad start by Smoltz, yet they held that ridiculous offense in check for the rest of the game and let the offense take control. The result...another series win over the Mets. It's gonna be a hellova battle this year. If only the Mets would lose to teams OTHER than the Braves.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Jays's B.J Ryan is gone for two more months because of his elbow problems as to the original two weeks on the DL. Not good news for a team trying to protect their leads as the recent sweep in BAL during the weekend.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Jays continue to blow leads, and J. Frasor is not B.J Ryan. Thank goodness the Yankees are struggling too, how about M. Rivera with an era of 12.1?

T. Glaus is back from injury but now is the catcher G. Zaun out for a couple of months.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

I like that shift the Jays put on against Hafner last night. :D

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

The Tribe completes the sweep,and now owns the best record in the Bigs.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

snaz16 wrote:The Tribe completes the sweep,and now owns the best record in the Bigs.
Blow Jays. :evil:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Looks like R. Clemens will follow A. Pettite's foot steps in returning to the Bronx, NYY are in much help for pitching and we'll see how much left he's got in the tank.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro wrote:Looks like R. Clemens will follow A. Pettite's foot steps in returning to the Bronx, NYY are in much help for pitching and we'll see how much left he's got in the tank.
He better have a sh*tload (ban me now) for 4.5 mil per MONTH. Is a pitcher that gets 7 starts per month really worth 4.5 MILLION? I know, it's all about putting asses in the seats, but it's not like the Yankees are hurting for attendance...they sell out every game. I guess I just don't get it.

sfz_T-car
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by sfz_T-car »

The Clemens deal is absurd. Last year, he made 19 starts and averaged just under 6 IP per start. He can obviously still pitch but his upside is around 160 IP over 25 starts.

It seems like a panic move on the part of the Yankees. They haven't played well at all but are still only 5 1/2 games back. Their rotation is hurting but nobody should have really expected a full season out of Pavano. I suppose it wouldn't be good to lowball Clemens but it's not as if the Yankees were in a bidding war for his services.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

[jealous]I hate Roger Clemens.[/jealous]

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

Hopefully Roger has figured out the difference between the shards of a broken bat and a baseball, and won't try to maim or kill any opposing batters this go round.

Programmed2Kill
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by Programmed2Kill »

I love the Phillies, but this team sucks so much year in, year out, sometimes I sit here and think of instead rooting for the real Philadelphia team...The Oakland A's.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Do the Mets and Braves call eachother before every game to make sure they'll have matching records? They are so BFF!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Slumberland wrote:Do the Mets and Braves call eachother before every game to make sure they'll have matching records? They are so BFF!
In the last two weeks, it sure seems that way.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

As if things are not already a mess in this young season fort the Jays. Even R. Halladay can't stop the bleeding losing the series to Bosox. First B.J. Ryan was thought to be gone for a couple of weeks, then two to three months, and now out for the whole season.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

Nice article on Grady Sizemore, this week's SI cover boy...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/w ... index.html

"Sizemore's teammates still talk about the catch he made in the last week of the 2006 season, when he dived headlong on the cinders of the warning track, dangerously close to the wall -- in a meaningless game for an 84-loss team that had long before been eliminated from the playoffs."

I love watching that kid play.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Jays finally break their losing skid with a good A. J. Burnett show but things don't get any better in terms of injuries. News are that their most valuable asset the Doc, R. Halladay will be gone now for six weeks with an appendectomy injury while T. Glaus re-injures himself. I counted nine bodies on a DL now but Halladay's injury worries me. He's proven he's a winner but he often gets injured too lately in the last few seasons.

What else can wrong in this season for the Jays?

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

May 13th and my Reds are already 10.5 games out of 1st. This season is already a catastra-f***!
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

As a Pirates fan, I don't even look at the GB. I judge my team's lack of success by the number of games below .500 :?

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Leebo33 wrote:As a Pirates fan, I don't even look at the GB. I judge my team's lack of success by the number of games below .500 :?
We both need a shrink. :wink: :lol:
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Leebo33 wrote:As a Pirates fan, I don't even look at the GB. I judge my team's lack of success by the number of games below .500 :?
At least they won today!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Even though I hate the Braves and Mets, I can't say that I disagree with Chipper...he makes some VERY valid points.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/b ... index.html
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25