anyone getting OOTP2007 this week?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

anyone getting OOTP2007 this week?

Post by fsquid »

Just curious to see how many on this board.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I probably will. Flying to Atlanta in a few weeks for opening weekend so I'll need another baseball-type game to tide me over on the 5 hour plane ride, lol.

bphilipb
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by bphilipb »

I will be picking this up.

BB

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

I'll probably be picking it up as well. Last year's version was disappointing, but it's looking like this one might be solid.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

I'll have it. Loved 2006, and from the preview code of 2007, the game looks better than ever.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

I would play 2007 if they decided to develop a 2D game-day simulation engine for it. Personally I like managing each game but after awhile the simple text based simulation stuff gets old. It needs something like the Football Maager or Hockey Manager 2D sim to keep me interested through multiple years. I'll download the demo though and see what happens.

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Without a doubt - Mac version, but I don't think it matters.

jcalvert
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by jcalvert »

I did a 20% off pre-order a while back. From an online league standpoint, the 2006 game was a bust. After reading preview posts, and reading some comments from those who have played a "preview" copy of the game, I am holding out hope that 2007 is everything that 2006 should have been. Should find out in 24 or so hrs.
jcalvert
www.calvertgames.com

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

Aye Aye. The preview build looks great, btw. Plays MUCH better than last year.
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Just noticed that if you preorder today you get it tomorrow - one day early. Mine is ordered. What's the verdict, do we have the critical mass to do a DSP league? If so, does anyone have experience with running one?

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Bill_Abner wrote:Aye Aye. The preview build looks great, btw. Plays MUCH better than last year.
Abner, you still running that league that I had Boise in? I'm getting back into OOTP now and would love to come back.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I've ordered, but have to go to Chicago for the rest of the week, so I'll check it out on Saturday.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Game looks great, but between my mlb fantasy league, 360 games (WE, MLB and College Hoops), and barring an unexpected divorce from my wife, I can't see having the time to play this one.

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

fsquid wrote:
Bill_Abner wrote:Aye Aye. The preview build looks great, btw. Plays MUCH better than last year.
Abner, you still running that league that I had Boise in? I'm getting back into OOTP now and would love to come back.
Sadly, no, it died after 25 seasons. We never made the jump to OOTP 2006 with it.
No High Scores:

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Bill_Abner wrote:
fsquid wrote:
Sadly, no, it died after 25 seasons. We never made the jump to OOTP 2006 with it.
It's tough to come back after a layoff. I had Boise where I wanted them and then bam!

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

well..............

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

I've only simmed up through first game of 2007 season, but melikes what mesees. Most of all, it seems much faster than 2006. There is so much here - good lord, talk about a learning curve!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Did the improve the lighting effects on the text displaying the play by play? :D

Man I just don't get how people can shell out cash for a updated text game each year. Let me know when they add graphics, give me a manage only graphics sim and I'm there.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Danimal wrote:Did the improve the lighting effects on the text displaying the play by play? :D

Man I just don't get how people can shell out cash for a updated text game each year. Let me know when they add graphics, give me a manage only graphics sim and I'm there.
with the online leagues out there, you get your money's worth every year.

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

Danimal wrote:Did the improve the lighting effects on the text displaying the play by play? :D

I don't see this as any more or any less of a rip job than the graphic-intense games we get every 10 months, though.
No High Scores:

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Do you guys think this game would run smoothly on a 3 year old very entry level Dell laptop? I know there aren't many graphical bells and whistles, but was worried that all the simming, etc..would slow things down. Is it pretty fast overall?

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

I buy Football Manager each year. Only because it's that good each year.

By far FM has ruined all management games for me. There's just not that much to do during the on and off season in other games. OOTP 2006 was dry in that department. Maybe this version has changed it.

One of the things I wanted the the historical expansion while simming. I'm glad they added that.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I'm going to get lost in the league creation system.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

fsquid wrote:

with the online leagues out there, you get your money's worth every year.
If you play in an online league sure. Wouldn't you enjoy an online league where you managed games and saw the results? No one remembers Microleague?
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Bill_Abner wrote:

I don't see this as any more or any less of a rip job than the graphic-intense games we get every 10 months, though.
Never said it was, I just cvan't play a text based sim anymore. Believe me I used to love them, you should know that Bill. I just feel in 2007 I should be seeing the action on the field. I don't need an action game, I just want to see whats happening and not read about it.
Follow Me on: