Hockey Night In DSP

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:A little quiz for you boys down south. M. Modano was only the second American player to score 500 goals last night. Who was the 1st American player to accomplish that feat?
Yes, Joe Mullen, the pride of Hell's Kitchen.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
10spro wrote:A little quiz for you boys down south. M. Modano was only the second American player to score 500 goals last night. Who was the 1st American player to accomplish that feat?
Yes, Joe Mullen, the pride of Hell's Kitchen.

Take care,
PK
Good stuff PK.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

oh...

i got it 1st. b*tch.

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

pk500 wrote:Nice column on Mario saving hockey in Pittsburgh:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2797778

Total class with his center ice announcement:

"Tonight, I'm proud to announce that your Pittsburgh Penguins will remain right here," Lemieux said. "Thank you, Pittsburgh. Have a great night."

Simple, elegant, effective -- that's Mario!

Take care,
PK

& I heard in true ML fashison he took a dive on the ice right after :lol:

j/k - glad to see the Pens stay

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

nyisles16 wrote:
pk500 wrote:Nice column on Mario saving hockey in Pittsburgh:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2797778

Total class with his center ice announcement:

"Tonight, I'm proud to announce that your Pittsburgh Penguins will remain right here," Lemieux said. "Thank you, Pittsburgh. Have a great night."

Simple, elegant, effective -- that's Mario!

Take care,
PK
a dive?

whatever. he was a non diver....except when punched in the face.

& I heard in true ML fashison he took a dive on the ice right after :lol:

j/k - glad to see the Pens stay

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Quite the statement by the Pens, beating the top two teams in the East -- Buffalo and New Jersey -- on consecutive nights.

VERY impressive. This team will be quite dangerous in the playoffs.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I bought my first hockey jersey last night - a home Crosby jersey. It's sweet! I *almost* slept in the thing last night...lol. I was going to get one for Christmas but refused until they got a new arena deal in place. I just bought tickets to a Pirates game this summer and I think I'll pickup a Mario sweater while I'm there.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

And the COL Avs are still fighting for their playoff chance. My vote for the rookie of the year goes so far to Paul Stastny, son of former great Nordique Peter Stastny. He's got 19 consecutive points going and along with veterans Sakic and Hedjuk and a steady Budaj, they may still get a chance.

And yes, those Pens are HOT and they won with their backup guy Thibault. Gritty forward G. Roberts had another fight and I rarely see him lose a bout, not bad for a 40 year old man. Crosby got hit in the face with the puck but he should be OK.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Leebo33 wrote:I bought my first hockey jersey last night - a home Crosby jersey. It's sweet!
Now, that's the spirit Lee! Go support that awesome team. Didn't you want to wait for the new unis next year?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:And the COL Avs are still fighting for their playoff chance. My vote for the rookie of the year goes so far to Paul Stastny, son of former great Nordique Peter Stastny. He's got 19 consecutive points going and along with veterans Sakic and Hedjuk and a steady Budaj, they may still get a chance.
He's making a good case with the streak. But what impresses me even more than the points is his +5 rating on a very mediocre team. A two-way player and a chip off the old block, no doubt.

Still, I would put Jordan Staal right up there with Malkin and Stastny. He has 28 goals and is +16 as an 18-year-old who wasn't even supposed to leave the OHL this season.

The NHL has been blessed again with a great rookie crop. After Crosby, Ovechkin and Phaneuf last year, the league has welcomed Malkin, Staal, Kopitar, Wolski and Stastny.

The race for the Calder this year could be even tighter than last year. I also think the Vezina voting will be somewhat close between Brodeur and Luongo. Di Pietro and Hasek need to figure in that mix, too. Tough not to vote for Marty, though, even though I hate the Devils.

Take care,
PK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Leebo33 wrote:I bought my first hockey jersey last night - a home Crosby jersey. It's sweet! I *almost* slept in the thing last night...lol. I was going to get one for Christmas but refused until they got a new arena deal in place. I just bought tickets to a Pirates game this summer and I think I'll pickup a Mario sweater while I'm there.
That's the team spirit, man! Far out!

Take care,
PK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Interesting statistical extrapolation of NHL's top penalty killers. No wonder the Canucks are playing so well:

http://mirtle.blogspot.com/2007/03/who- ... iller.html

Take care,
PK

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

the hurricanes are fighting for the 8th spot. i got lower level (row T) tix for $50 today. at the box office.

should be empty there tonight since duke and unc play.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:Interesting statistical extrapolation of NHL's top penalty killers. No wonder the Canucks are playing so well:

http://mirtle.blogspot.com/2007/03/who- ... iller.html

Take care,
PK
The 'Nucks are thriving in this department this season and thank goodness for that because I think they're still taking too many dumb penalties. Luongo is another big penalty killer. Now, if we could only improve in the PP department.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sudz wrote:the hurricanes are fighting for the 8th spot. i got lower level (row T) tix for $50 today. at the box office.

That's pathetic. Yet another reason Tobacco Road doesn't deserve an NHL team.

Lest these asshole "fans" forget, the Canes are the 2005-06 Stanley Cup Champions.

Have fun at the game, man! Glad you're supporting your club.

Take care,
PK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Here's the hockey horror I face over the next three weeks:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Oiler ... 7-sun.html

The horror, the horror.

Take care,
PK

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

pk500 wrote:
Sudz wrote:the hurricanes are fighting for the 8th spot. i got lower level (row T) tix for $50 today. at the box office.

That's pathetic. Yet another reason Tobacco Road doesn't deserve an NHL team.

Lest these asshole "fans" forget, the Canes are the 2005-06 Stanley Cup Champions.

Have fun at the game, man! Glad you're supporting your club.

Take care,
PK
half the problem is that the off-ice stuff is so f***in annoying. some fuckwad in a hog outfit running around like he is the main attraction.

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

Redwings sit atop the NHL. With a good chunk of the team called up from the minors. New faces same result, guess that's why we're called "Hockeytown" eh PK?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

laurenskye wrote:Redwings sit atop the NHL. With a good chunk of the team called up from the minors. New faces same result, guess that's why we're called "Hockeytown" eh PK?
A lot of good that did the Wings last year in the playoffs. I'm eagerly awaiting Detroit's flameout in the first or second round this year.

Detroit busts its balls to win the President's Trophy when it should be focusing on the big bowl.

Yep, I hate the Wings. :)

Take care,
PK

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

pk500 wrote:
laurenskye wrote:Redwings sit atop the NHL. With a good chunk of the team called up from the minors. New faces same result, guess that's why we're called "Hockeytown" eh PK?
A lot of good that did the Wings last year in the playoffs. I'm eagerly awaiting Detroit's flameout in the first or second round this year.

Detroit busts its balls to win the President's Trophy when it should be focusing on the big bowl.

Yep, I hate the Wings. :)

Take care,
PK
who the hell is in net for them?

oz and has(been)ek are hurt all the damn time

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Hasek. Having a splendid season so far at age 58.

Seriously, the old man is playing very well.

Take care,
PK

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:Hasek. Having a splendid season so far at age 58.
Seriously, the old man is playing very well. Take care, PK
Yeah and with the playoffs nothing but a certain thing for the Wings, I am surprised that they don't rest him more often. This is the time of the year where the dominator has groin problems, muscle spams etc. You want a fresh Hasek in the long run but I guess the old man must be telling his coaches something else.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

hurricanes got SPANKED by NJ last night.

scotty f***in gomez is freaking fast. amazing skater.

sat with the players wives. slut city, usa.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Oilers' hell continues: Nine consecutive losses and counting.

Horcoff has lost 8 pounds with the flu, but at least Robert Nilsson scored in his Oilers' debut as Horc's replacement. Kid has real skill. No surprise, considering he's the son of Kent "The Magic Man" Nilsson.

Oil kids skated hard last night, and Roli was strong. Too bad vets like Lupul and Torres were invisible. Both should be dealt the day after the Stanley Cup Finals end. Dead wood.

The Oil's lineup right now is simply unbelievable. Eleven veterans on the shelf either through injury or illness. The joke running around Rexall among the fans is that the Oilers, who don't have an AHL affiliate and spread players among three teams, finally have a farm team, and it plays in the NHL right now. Not far from the truth.

To add to the depression, CP story seems to indicate that Jarret Stoll's season is over due to concussion. Story even intimated that this could be a career-ending deal, as names of Nelson Emerson, Brett Lindros and Jeff Beukeboom were mentioned.

Stollie is my favorite player. I'm hoping for the best.

Good column by The Hat about the Oilers' predicament:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... wsptduha15

Take care,
PK

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

At least the Wings are in the playoffs :D .
I believe Hasek leads the league in GAA. Yeah he's washed up. (he already had his groin problems this year so he's good to go :D )
When Bertuzzi comes back and if he can play at a decent level I like the wings.

Paul, you can come over and watch all the Wings playoff games since the Edmonton (trade our leader and captain and the greatest just to save a buck) Oilers will be watching from home.