DSP MLB 2k7 League ANYONE UP FOR IT?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

JackB1 wrote:Lets do it Vader! Meet you at 10:30 ET in the league lobby.
I am the Braves.
vader29 wrote:I shall be up for a league game Monday night after 10pm eastern.
Ok Jack, see you then.

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

nyisles16 wrote:i'll be around in the evenings.. however I may not have a headset :cry:
same here, but after 930pm CST
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

Darkbandit
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Darkbandit »

Sorry for leaving like I did Gurantsu, but my copy decides it likes to freeze up for some odd reason. Either my copy of the game is messed up or my system is about to die for the 4th time.

The bad part was I was in the lead too....ugh.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Gurantsu and Darkbandit, was there any slowdown in your game? Jack and I tried 3 times to play a league game and in every one of those games all of the pitches were in slow motion but when we backed out of the league and played a regular game everything was fine.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

vader29 wrote:Gurantsu and Darkbandit, was there any slowdown in your game? Jack and I tried 3 times to play a league game and in every one of those games all of the pitches were in slow motion but when we backed out of the league and played a regular game everything was fine.
If this becomes a problem then the league will not happen. Slowdown can't happen.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I know what the problem is Zlax...

All the sliders are set at zero.....including pitch speed.
That is why the pitches looked like they were in slow motion.

If you click on the league, then settings, then pull right trigger,
you can see all the sliders are at zero. This may be because they
want you to decide for yourself how to set them all. This is good
news, because we definitely need correct sliders to make this game
enjoyable.

Zlax...can you go in and edit the sliders? If so, we should experiment a bit until we get good ones we all agree on and then restart a new season.
If it wont let you edit the sliders now, just start a new league.

Some thoughts...
Me and Vader played a online game out of the league lobby and the speed was fine. The game was a homer fest though. We hit about
10 combined HR's in 6 innings. The problem is the "hitters eye". If you guess right, you just use the power swing and 9 out of 10, it's gone.
If there is a way to disable that feature, I strongly recommend it.
We also need to lower contact and power sliders so it's not super offensive heavy. If you can't disable hitter's eye, we will have to make
all the hitting/pitching sliders more tough to cut down on the HR's.
The right pitch speed is also important. We can use all the offline ALL STAR sliders as a starting point and go from there.

Darkbandit
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Darkbandit »

The game me and Gurantsu played was the opposite really, we both hit two homers each. The hits counts were pretty low as well, mainly because once I commit to swing, I can't ever do a check swing. I did notice the slow speeds and was wondering the same thing, but now that Jack figured out what the problem was, it makes me feel better. Also in my game I didn't use the swing stick, I used classic being I am used to just mashing a button to swing.

If I can just figure out why my game keeps freezing, I'll be fine...however the first copy I bought will be going back to Gamestop tomorrow before I work and if I can, I'll be buying their GPG.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

I like Jack's suggestions on the new sliders. Let's start there and then play a few games to see how it is.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Yeah, the game was totally crazy last night. It was like they were throwing the ball under water, it was slow as hell. Heck, me and Darkbandit had around 13 K's EACH because the pitch speed was off so much. I commented to Jack that it was like that Bugs Bunny cartoon: 1-2-3 strikes yer out! 1-2-3 strikes yer out!

I checked the sliders like Jack mentioned and they are all coming up at 0. I could select a different set (Pro, All-Star, etc) but the change would not stick. I'm assuming only the league creator can do it, or it has to be done when the league is created. That has to be the problem, because I've heard nothing else about this in any other forum, and when I looked there were some other leagues up and running, so I hope it will just be a quick fix.

If we need to restart the league I'm fine with that. I got the win, but only because Darkbandit locked up, so starting over would be cool.

Maybe I'll try to set up a quick league today just to see what the options are.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I can't figure out how to change the sliders now...give me a few

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I also gave everyone administered access to everyone can try to figure it out.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

You cant do it thru the web page....you have to go into the league thru
your 360. If you cant change them, just start a new one.

Zlax45 wrote:I can't figure out how to change the sliders now...give me a few

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

JackB1 wrote:You cant do it thru the web page....you have to go into the league thru
your 360. If you cant change them, just start a new one.

Zlax45 wrote:I can't figure out how to change the sliders now...give me a few
Jack, Everyone in the league can change them also. Everyone has been giving the administer privileges

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I just went in and adjusted all of the settings, mostly the defaults, took power way down, reaction up, and a few other things. We'll need to test it out today.
2319!

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Is there a way to disable the "hitter's eye"? I do remember seeing
a slider for "hitter's eye" influence or something??? We really need to
tone that down, because it ruins the game online. When I played
Vader last night, whenever one of us guessed correctly on the location, it was an automatic HR 9 times out of 10. Not sure if that was due to easier defualt sliders or what, but it is something we will have to keep an eye on.

One other thing effecting online play.....the announcer will often give away the catcher's position, so whenever that happened, I just clicked the left thumbstick to shake off the catcher and reposition him in the middle. Then you can throw the pitch wherever you want.

Gurantsu wrote:I just went in and adjusted all of the settings, mostly the defaults, took power way down, reaction up, and a few other things. We'll need to test it out today.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

One question I have about the hitter's eye. If I aim a slider low and in the middle so that it breaks low and away does the batter have to guess the break point of the pitch or guess where the pitch is finally going to end up? So would the batter have to guess low and away OR low and in the middle?

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

macsomjrr wrote:One question I have about the hitter's eye. If I aim a slider low and in the middle so that it breaks low and away does the batter have to guess the break point of the pitch or guess where the pitch is finally going to end up? So would the batter have to guess low and away OR low and in the middle?
You guess the end position.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I'm should be playing this tonight, I'll hit the league lobby for a bit around 10:30 if anyone wants to try to get a game in. I'm anxious to see how it plays with the sliders set now.
2319!

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I should be availabe tonight if anyone wants to play...around 10:30 ET.
Lets gets some games in to test out the settings, so we can start the regular season soon. I guess we can play "official" league games and if the settings are OK, just keep going with this league. If not, we can just reset the games that were played and start counting games when we all agree the setting are good. Everyone please play a game or two with a league opponent and report back any settings changes you feel are neccesary. Lets not nitpick too much....lets just get things generally acceptable or we will spend too much time tweaking instead of playing.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

JackB1 wrote:I should be availabe tonight if anyone wants to play...around 10:30 ET.
Lets gets some games in to test out the settings, so we can start the regular season soon. I guess we can play "official" league games and if the settings are OK, just keep going with this league. If not, we can just reset the games that were played and start counting games when we all agree the setting are good. Everyone please play a game or two with a league opponent and report back any settings changes you feel are neccesary. Lets not nitpick too much....lets just get things generally acceptable or we will spend too much time tweaking instead of playing.
Agreed. As long as these settings allow us to play a decent game of baseball let's just go with it. As the league progresses and we get a better feel for the players who are participating we'll see what happens. Sorry I haven't been able to play anyone yet. I'll be on all next week though so look for me then.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Gurantsu.....you and Dark Bandit's "zero slider" game was reset, so you guys can replay it with normal sliders.

I still cant believe you guys actually played 9 innings like that :D

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

LOL, it was only the top of the 7th (but they are 7 inning games, right?). Like I said, it was the first time I ever played it online, so I didn't know if it was supposed to be like that or not! Glad it was a slider issue, because if it wasn't I'd leave the league.

I'll try to hop on around 1030 also to get a game in.
2319!

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I'll also be on tonight at 10:30 for a game.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Vader and Sport73 must be doing a leagu game, no one else is in the lobby. I'm going to do an offline game for a while. If any of you league guys want to do a game shoot me a message.
2319!

Darkbandit
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Darkbandit »

I'm off tomorrow so if anyone wants to play tomorrow afternoon/night shoot me a message and we'll play.