DSP WE League: Official Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Zeppo wrote:So, I'm suitably convinced that Antlon Colosseun is indeed meant to be Estadio Monumental Antonio V. Liberti, River Plate's home stadium in Buenos Aires. However I am equally convinced that Teatro Blanci is not Old Trafford, and I can't seem to figure out what it is. Suggestions are welcome.
On the wikipedia page for PES6, Teatro Blanco and Antlon are listed as fictional stadiums. That would certainly explain your inability to place them :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_6

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Write up to follow at some point...have another game now.

Olympique Lyonnais 2 Chelsea 3

7(4) SOG 11(4)
4 FK 4
1 CK 2
4(1) Fls(Off) 4(2)
47 Poss 53

Goals: Chelsea - Lampard, Robben, Joe Cole
O.L. - Govou, Malouda

No cards for either team.

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

Zep, I'll use Teatro Blanco

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Naples39 wrote:
Zeppo wrote:So, I'm suitably convinced that Antlon Colosseun is indeed meant to be Estadio Monumental Antonio V. Liberti, River Plate's home stadium in Buenos Aires. However I am equally convinced that Teatro Blanci is not Old Trafford, and I can't seem to figure out what it is. Suggestions are welcome.
On the wikipedia page for PES6, Teatro Blanco and Antlon are listed as fictional stadiums. That would certainly explain your inability to place them :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_6
I think they're wrong. Antlion Colesseum is nearly exactly like El Monumental, almost to a tee. The seats are in red and white in bands across each level, but in the Konami version the colors are swapped. Otherwise they it is just about perfect, right down to the big TV screen. I'm willing to believe Teatro Blanco is based on something real until I've seen absolute evidence that it isn't. :wink:

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Zeppo, I cannot update the SGN site.

Chelsea 3 Manchester United 1

19(9) SOG 10(1)
3 FK 3
2 CK 1
3(2) Fls(Off) 4(0)
52 Poss 48

Goals: Chelsea - Drogba 21', Lampard 25', Robben 68'
Man U - Saha 50'

Yellow card: Ferdinand
Injury: Terry (yellow cross)

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

The roll on Terry is a one, so he misses no games. I don't know why you can't update the games. I'll figure it out.

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

D-2'ers.......... i'm going to be available tonight after 7:30 pm est, & most of the time Tuesday & Wed..

LET"S ROCK!

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

nyisles16 wrote:D-2'ers.......... i'm going to be available tonight after 7:30 pm est, & most of the time Tuesday & Wed..

LET"S ROCK!
I'm free after 10:00 or so EST tonight - I'll look for you online.

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

will do!

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Any division 1 people off from work today?

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Leebo: you should be set to go now. Somehow your permissions were out of date, but they should be correct now.

Danimal, you should be set as well under the 'danimal66' login. You have a PM, plesae check it.

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Slumberland wrote:Any division 1 people off from work today?
Same question for Division 2 folks - I'm off but likely won't be online until later tonight unless someone wants to play before then. Scoop, any chance you're off so we can get in our cup match?

bphilipb
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by bphilipb »

Zep,

I will use Orange Arena.

BB

bphilipb
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by bphilipb »

Anyone up for a game please let me know. I will be around all week this week.

BB

Skyboxer
Mario Mendoza

Post by Skyboxer »

I'm usually around every evening after 6 and before midnight.
(AS Roma)

Lastly I don't see a Manage team link at my teams page....
Last edited by Skyboxer on Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Hey D2ers,

I am usually online most weeknights, after 10pm est. Hopefully that will be the case tonight too.

My AIM is captplug if anyone wants to contact me that way. I am online almost all day with that if you need to get in touch with me.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Monaco Loses Opener to Livorno, Then Beats PSG

Post by Zeppo »

AS Monaco FC 1 : 2 AS Livorno

Monaco started the new season at home against Slumberland's Livorno squad, and was frustrated to see the bad luck and missed chances that plagued them through their pre-season interdivisional friendlies continue into the season opener. Despite all kinds of opportunities in the early going, DiVaio and Koller up front could not find a way to hit the target, and Livorno was able to survive the early surge unscathed. Livorno, on the other hand, was able to finish their chances, and in the 19th minute, Lucarelli took a pass into the box and calmly finished past a diving Roma to start the scoring. The rest of the first half saw both sides creating opportunities, but neither able to score.

The second half started the same way, with back and forth gameplay and neither side gaining too much of an upper hand. In the 68th minute, however, Morrone scored to put the visitors ahead 2-0. At that point, Monaco started gaining more posession and putting more pressure on their opponents goal, and six minutes later in minute 74 Kallon, who had just come on for midfielder Leko, found the net and halved the Italians lead. Despite frantic attacking play, and some close calls on the counter, Monaco were unable to find the equalizer, and Livorno left Stade Louis II with the full share of the points.

Monaco 1 : 2 Livorno

LIV: Lucarelli 19'; Morrone 68'
MON: Kallon 74'

SoG(oT) 18 (4) : 6 (4)
Corners 1 : 1
Fouls (Off) 3 (1) : 2 (1)
Poss 47 : 53

Bookings: Morrone (LIV); Cufre (MON)
no injuries

AS Monaco FC 2 : 0 Paris Saint Germain

Monaco's second game was also at home in the hills near the sea, and they welcomed a PSG side that was still coming to terms with the changes the prospects of a new season had brought. Again, the home side began with gusto and made several probes into the PSG area, but once again they were unable to complete the deal and find the net. PSG held their own, but were frustrated by numerous calls, not to mention fouls that went unnoticed, and the teams headed into the halftime break with nothing to separate them, in large part thanks to a fine finger-tip save by Roma to deny a terrific chance from Pauleta.

The second half saw more of the same, more chances for both sides, more dubious officiating, and more good saves from both keepers. In the 78th minute, however, Monaco was able to break through. Some nifty passing near the top of the box saw Plasil combining with DiVaio who led Koller into the box with a delicate through ball, and the big man finished with his left foot from 10 yds. With only 10 game-minutes left to go, and that being with the new shorter game rules, PSG frantically sought the equalizer, and left itself open to the counter. In the 89th minute, Monaco took advantage of the openings at the back and Koller was able to add his second goal of the season after DiVaio's powerful attempt at goal was parried away by the sprawling Paris keeper. The final whistle blew soon after the ensuing kick off, and Monaco have now improved their record to 1-1 on the young season.

Monaco 2 : 0 PSG

Koller (78', 89')

SoG(oT) 12(7) : 9(3)
Corners 2 : 1
Fouls(Off) 6(3) : 4(3)
Poss 49 : 51

Bookings: Givet (MON)
no injuries.

GGs guys, and good luck the rest of the way. See you in the 2nd half!

Guys, I want to point out how much fun I've had playing interdivisional friendlies before starting the season. I hope to continue playing those friendlies, and it's great to see so many online in the game and this gives us an easy solution to the 'what teams to pick' problems. I highly suggest it!

Also, I've changed my mind about the ball. League games should be played with one specific ball per season, and even though there's no way to enforce it and it makes no difference to the game whatsoever (well, maybe except for those black balls, which are weird and hard to see), this season we will play league games with the adidas +Teamgeist. We'll rotate different balls from season to season.

Thanks, have fun and play fair!

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Skyboxer wrote:I'm usually around every evening after 6 and before midnight.
(AS Roma)

Do you see an 'add player' link? Or, when you look at your team's schedule, do you see the update icon on the right? It's a little arrow, and if you hover your mouse it should say 'update.' If you can see those things, you are all set, as adding players and updating games is all you need to do. If not, let me know and I will get it fixed.

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

Zeppo wrote:
(AS Roma)

Do you see an 'add player' link? Or, when you look at your team's schedule, do you see the update icon on the right? It's a little arrow, and if you hover your mouse it should say 'update.' If you can see those things, you are all set, as adding players and updating games is all you need to do. If not, let me know and I will get it fixed.
Zep, I don't see either one of these things (add player link or update icon).

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

lsdean wrote: Zep, I don't see either one of these things (add player link or update icon).
Dean, you should be all set now.

There was a bit of confusion by me with the setup of the league, but things should be in order now. If anyone has any problems in the future, be sure to let me know.

Skyboxer
Mario Mendoza

Post by Skyboxer »

lsdean wrote:
Zeppo wrote:
(AS Roma)

Zep, I don't see either one of these things (add player link or update icon).
Me neither. Again though do I need to create an account there as SkyboxerOS? I created it as Skyboxer. So I just created a new user as SkyboxerOS and still nothing. Sorry!

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I think you should be set up now, Skyboxer, and under the username skyboxer. Everyone else should be set up as well at this time.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Division 3 guys, I should be good to go by this Fri nite.

Skyboxer
Mario Mendoza

Post by Skyboxer »

Zeppo wrote:I think you should be set up now, Skyboxer, and under the username skyboxer. Everyone else should be set up as well at this time.
Looks like I'm good. I have the "Update" icon to the left on the schedule screen.
Last edited by Skyboxer on Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Monaco Loses Opener to Livorno, Then Beats PSG

Post by RobVarak »

Zeppo wrote:
Also, I've changed my mind about the ball...
Congratulations, my good man. You have outdone yourself with this one :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin