2007 NFL Playoffs thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Feanor wrote:Little Mike from Mike & Mike was one guy from ESPN who picked the Bears; maybe the only one.
Hey, I picked the Bears to lose the Super Bowl way back on January 3 (page 1) and I'll stand by that pick. Of course, I had no clue in the AFC :D

Ooops, I don't work for ESPN!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Feanor wrote:Little Mike from Mike & Mike was one guy from ESPN who picked the Bears; maybe the only one.
Yeah but thats cause he lived and worked in Chicago for a few years.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am sure INDY is holding on its breath for the results of the X-rays on Manning's right thumb.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Just wondering: Is Tully Banta-Cain the only player in the NFL named by George Lucas? :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Pats weren't getting the bounces they usually do in big games, so that sort of hinted down the end that it may have been Indy's day. The wide open pass for a sure TD was dropped by Caldwell. The REggie Wayne bobble/fumble on the last drive where it came right back into this hands with 3 patriots surrounding him. Even the PI call in the endzone where they ruled it as face guarding.

I've heard the radio today and a lot of Pats fans are complaining about the officials. I dont think thats the case though. You shouldn't win if you blow a 21-3 lead with the superbowl on the line.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Inuyasha wrote: I've heard the radio today and a lot of Pats fans are complaining about the officials. .
:lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome...

b_assassin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by b_assassin »

Inuyasha wrote:Pats weren't getting the bounces they usually do in big games, so that sort of hinted down the end that it may have been Indy's day. The wide open pass for a sure TD was dropped by Caldwell. The REggie Wayne bobble/fumble on the last drive where it came right back into this hands with 3 patriots surrounding him. Even the PI call in the endzone where they ruled it as face guarding.

I've heard the radio today and a lot of Pats fans are complaining about the officials. I dont think thats the case though. You shouldn't win if you blow a 21-3 lead with the superbowl on the line.
From what I heard and saw of the game, I don't think the Pats fans have much to complain about with the officiating either. All of the questionable calls went the Pats way in the first half, which helped them build their lead. The Colts, to their credit, fought their way back into it and got a couple of breaks along the way.

I'm not much of Colts/Manning fan, but its nice to see the Pats get knocked out, so now we don't have to listen about how brilliant Brady and Bellichek are...at least until next season.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I enjoyed Sunday night's game. :)

Super Bowl hype can wait for a while, I'm just glad the Colts finally knocked the Pats out when it mattered.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Templehorn
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Templehorn »

BEARZ

sfz_T-car
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by sfz_T-car »

The Bears are who we thought they were but it's still too early to crown 'em yet Siam.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Denny Green should have been the first black coach to make the Superbowl. I still can't believe the Vikings managed to blow the 99 NFC title game. A Minesota-Denver Superbowl that year could have been something special.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Look at that fur coat and the expression on her face.

Talk about a caricature of the rich witch.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

wco81 wrote:Look at that fur coat and the expression on her face.

Talk about a caricature of the rich witch.
It does look that way, but by all accounts she is a beloved and benificent old bat. Her family is a bunch of worthless morons for the most part, but the old lady is a sweet and old-fashioned matron who (along with her departed husband Ed McCaskey) has always focused on the "Bears family" often at the expense of on-field success. For example she adored Dick Jauron, and she and her husband lobbied for his retention long past the point that he was useful, because he was a good man and often attended church with his family and the McCaskey-Halas clan.

Needless to say, that kind of stuff drives me crazy but it was still a great, great moment to see her once again presented with the trophy bearing her father's name.

And the fur coat rules.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Templehorn
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Templehorn »

Harsh, very harsh by Colts Fans........................ I'd still take him in a heartbeat over Grossman or Griese

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Brady has three rings and he's banging ANOTHER model. Yeah...I'd like to have that face for a day or two.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

Personally, I prefer the wide eyed Reche Caldwell face - the face of a man who will be looking for a roster spot next spring: the face of a man looking to make the practice squad and get a paycheck.

Brady, on the other hand, has the haunted look of a man who has just been told that Jaquez Green has just been signed as the #1 wide receiver for 2007.

Belichick and NE need to spend some money on wide receivers this off season or they will see more looks like this on Brady's face. But Bill seems to be spending his own money elsewhere... http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTr ... eid=149076

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

The Pats scored 34 points. I dont think the offense was the problem.

Who is the NFLs defensive genius again?

As for Brady ...I would like to see him cry but somehow I doubt thats what he is doing.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Brady is still one of the best playoff quarterbacks of all time, but I don't blame Colts fans for wanting to stick the boot in when he finally lost against them.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Feanor wrote:Brady is still one of the best playoff quarterbacks of all time, but I don't blame Colts fans for wanting to stick the boot in when he finally lost against them.
I got a boot of My own for him :P

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Two boys are playing hockey on a pond in a Chicago Park when a crazed
Rottweiler suddenly attacks one of the boys. Thinking quickly, the other
boy takes his hockey stick, shoves it under the dog's collar, twists it
and breaks the dog's neck, saving his friend.

A reporter is standing by, sees the incident, and rushes over to interview
the boy.
"Young Cub Fan Saves Friend From Vicious Animal," he starts writing in his
notebook.
"But I'm not a Cubs fan," the little boy replies.
"Sorry, but since we're in Chicago , I just assumed you were," says the
reporter and starts writing again.

"Sox Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack," he writes in his notebook.
"But I'm not a Sox fan either," the little boy replies. "Sorry, but since
we're in Chicago , I just assumed you were," says the reporter and starts
writing again.

"Bears Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack," he writes in his
notebook.
"I'm not a Bears fan either," says the boy. "Oh... I assumed everyone in
Chicago was either for the Cubs, Sox or Bears.

What team do you root for?" the reporter asked.
"I'm a Colts fan," the boy replies. The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes:

"Little Bastard From Indiana Kills Beloved Family Pet"
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Templehorn
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Templehorn »

theonion.com does the bears.............

Bears Inspire A City Still Reeling From Great Chicago Fire Of 1871

CHICAGO—As Brian Urlacher triumphantly hoisted the George Halas Trophy Sunday, it was a symbol of more than just the Bears' 39-14 victory over New Orleans—it was a symbol of hope to the thousands of Chicagoans who are still struggling to resume normal lives after the fire that swept through a 2,000-acre swath of downtown, killed over 300 people, injured hundreds more, destroyed a third of Chicago's buildings, and left 100,000 residents homeless this past Oct. 8 through Oct. 10, 1871.
Enlarge Image Bears Inspire A City Still Reeling From Great Chicago Fire Of 1871

"No disrespect to the Saints," Urlacher said, "but as much as this victory would have meant for any team, after what our city has been through, it means much more to us. Hopefully, going to the Super Bowl will help the people of Chicago put the terrible events of 135 years ago behind them."

Coach Lovie Smith knows that just going to the Super Bowl, or even winning it, will do little to help the city rebuild, but says he is "humbled" by the inspiration Chicago residents feel when his team wins.

"We know winning the Super Bowl won't put up a single ravaged building or house a single displaced family," Smith said in a press conference after the NFC championship game. "At this point, there's little we can do for the victims. But as long as we can inspire the community to hold on and get past what the Great Fire has done to them, we'll have done our job."

"Everywhere I go, people are like, 'Thank you for what you're doing. Thank you for giving us hope.' And some of them are people whose families lost everything—homes, livestock, wagons, everything," said quarterback Rex Grossman, who has donated every game check of the postseason to the Chicago Fire Historical Society. "And I tell them, 'No, thank you. After what you've been through over the past century or so, you give us a lot of hope.'"

Chicago had an uphill battle for recovery from the devastating blaze, a struggle made more difficult by drought, economic collapse, civil unrest between the city's Protestants, Catholics, and many recently freed slaves, and the apparent indifference to the city's plight by uncharismatic and unpopular Republican president Ulysses S. Grant. Still, the townspeople's imagination was captured by the successful rebuilding of the Chicago Bears, a task once seen as impossible.

"In the days after the fire, there basically were no Chicago Bears," said Mayor Richard Daley. "It took men of vision to found the team in nearby Decatur in 1919, move them to Chicago in 1921, and hire George Halas to coach them. The Bears made a huge effort to attract such great players such as Red Grange, Sid Luckman, Dick Butkus, Walter Payton, and Brian Urlacher. Basically, since the fire, they've turned the team from a total nonentity to a championship contender."

"The people of Chicago see that and think, 'Hey, if the Bears can do that, we can make this city great again,'" he added.

Schaumburg resident Tom Berry, a clothing salesman who bought Bears tickets as soon after the fire as he could afford them, knows what the team means to the area. "People lost great-great-grandfathers in the fire. Great-great-great grandfathers lost children in that fire. I think unless you were there, you wouldn't understand," Berry said. "You walk around downtown, look around at the historical sites of all that devastation, and it kind of brings you down."

"Except on Sundays," Berry added. "On Sundays, you sit down and watch the Bears and somehow you just forget about all that, if only for a while."

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Chicago Fire ? :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Yeah

Anyway...The more I think about it the more I think the Bears will win...

Early early pick....

Bears 30
Colts 24

Templehorn
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Templehorn »

Barbero dead.

Colts already dying; an auspicious omen!

The first in a series of tragedies for Colt-kind, my friends. :D

This good for Bears.

AFTER SUNDAY :

Templehorn
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Templehorn »

I had a dream last night that the bears won the Superbowl 41-20. :)

I just wanted to share that with everyone here.

AJColossal
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AJColossal »

LOL, I had a dream that the game was 6-6 at halftime. All the Bears did was run. I remember thinking "give Grossman a shot!" lol.

Sadly enough, this is not the only dream I've had about the Bears this season.