OT: Sadaam Hussein Hanged

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: Sadaam Hussein Hanged

Post by sportdan30 »

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone with the original subject title.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/12/ ... index.html

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

How many more minutes till the hanging is on Youtube!!
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

I'm sure it will be all over the net in a few days.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Zlax45 wrote:How many more minutes till the hanging is on Youtube!!

Well, it's not Youtube, but...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=38e1076b19&p=1
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

tealboy:

I guess I can't link directly to it. It was a humorous pic of Saddam. Let's all chuckle like we saw it. :lol:
Last edited by Murph on Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Murph:

I don't know what you intended, but all I see is a 'stop stealing bandwidth' sign...

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I have mixed emotions over this....

Not being a believer in capital punishment, I feel like it would have been just fine letting him rot in jail for the rest of his life. But I am glad this is over with.

On the other hand, it just reminds me that we got the wrong guy and how thousands of Americans have died in exchange for Sadam. Not much other good has really come out of this Iraq war and you have to stop and think was it really worth it? All we really did was fan the fires over there between the Shiites and the Sunis and almost everyone now agees looking back that it was a huge mistake. We need to cut our losses ASAP and bring our remaining soldiers home safe and sound.
Last edited by JackB1 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

this whole thing is werid.

Sure he was a dispicable murderer, but should we be celebrating this (the Bush Administration)? Those guys who did the execution with the black hoods over their heads reminded me of the terrorists that behead our own soliders over there. Should we be lowered to this degree of barbarism to amuse ourselves of this? I mean aren't we the civilized society here?

Maybe this would have 'felt' better if the Iraqi's actually had a choice in deciding the fate on Sadaam. Please don't give me the argument that they did. We all know it was a Kanagroo court and the government over there is our puppet. Bush ultimately gave the go or no go on this, not anyone in Iraq.

I doubt this is going to stop or even curb the violence over there. Looks like we're going to be stuck there another year or two if Bush decides to send more troops over.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Hell is just a little bit more crowded tonight.
Inuyasha wrote: We all know it was a Kanagroo court and the government over there is our puppet. Bush ultimately gave the go or no go on this, not anyone in Iraq.
Agreed!
Leebo33 wrote:I have no mixed emotions. I'm glad the motherf*cker's dead.
Agreed!
Last edited by XXXIV on Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I have no mixed emotions. I'm glad the motherf*cker's dead.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Inuyasha wrote:this whole thing is werid.

Sure he was a dispicable murderer, but should we be celebrating this (the Bush Administration)? Those guys who did the execution with the black hoods over their heads reminded me of the terrorists that behead our own soliders over there. Should we be lowered to this degree of barbarism to amuse ourselves of this? I mean aren't we the civilized society here?

Maybe this would have 'felt' better if the Iraqi's actually had a choice in deciding the fate on Sadaam. Please don't give me the argument that they did. We all know it was a Kanagroo court and the government over there is our puppet. Bush ultimately gave the go or no go on this, not anyone in Iraq.

I doubt this is going to stop or even curb the violence over there. Looks like we're going to be stuck there another year or two if Bush decides to send more troops over.

god I'm glad there's someone at DSP who knows all this. I can sleep better at night now...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

As in most cases involving execution, today's hanging solved nothing other than giving a f*cking sh*tstain one last moment of worldwide attention, which he desperately craved and received.

I would have preferred that Saddam have been put into a 7-by-7 cell for the rest of his life with no human contact other than with guards who had license to rough him up. The world would have forgotten him, and he would have died in absolute isolation and anonymity.

That's the kind of punishment this barbaric criminal deserved for the rest of his days, not what he considered to be his martyrdom in the glare of the worldwide media. It took him less than 10 minutes to die. Another 10 years of horrible living conditions would have been a more fitting punishment, I think.

Meanwhile, the mastermind behind 9/11 remains free, more than 80 Iraqis died today in sectarian violence, and December officially became the deadliest month of 2006 for U.S. forces in Iraq.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

For those who didn't get a chance to see the hanging, it is going to be available as an Xbox Live Marketplace download from EA for 400 points next Tuesday. (Silver members will have to wait an extra week).

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

tealboy03 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:this whole thing is werid.

god I'm glad there's someone at DSP who knows all this. I can sleep better at night now...
No, I don't know it all. But GWB does. Now you can sleep better at night.

dave360
Mario Mendoza

Post by dave360 »

kevinpars wrote:For those who didn't get a chance to see the hanging, it is going to be available as an Xbox Live Marketplace download from EA for 400 points next Tuesday. (Silver members will have to wait an extra week).
When will the HD version be up? That's what I'm waiting for and I'm willing to go as high as 800 points for it.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

pk500 wrote:As in most cases involving execution, today's hanging solved nothing other than giving a f*cking sh*tstain one last moment of worldwide attention, which he desperately craved and received.

I would have preferred that Saddam have been put into a 7-by-7 cell for the rest of his life with no human contact other than with guards who had license to rough him up. The world would have forgotten him, and he would have died in absolute isolation and anonymity.

That's the kind of punishment this barbaric criminal deserved for the rest of his days, not what he considered to be his martyrdom in the glare of the worldwide media. It took him less than 10 minutes to die. Another 10 years of horrible living conditions would have been a more fitting punishment, I think.

Meanwhile, the mastermind behind 9/11 remains free, more than 80 Iraqis died today in sectarian violence, and December officially became the deadliest month of 2006 for U.S. forces in Iraq.

Take care,
PK
I look at this and look at the court set up to try Nazi criminals. I think a better president would have set-up a court much like that to try Saddam not just have a court execute him.

In the sad state of Bush's war, this execution doesn't end anything but Saddam's life. The war continues and the criminals are still at large.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

dave360 wrote:
When will the HD version be up? That's what I'm waiting for and I'm willing to go as high as 800 points for it.

Apple has to encode it first. Once they are done, Gates and Microsoft will steal it and throw it up on Creditcardplace. I am sure you will be able to read about the innovation errrr theft on Major Healey errr Nelson's blog.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

HOw come Iraq only takes a month to kill someone and it takes our legal system over 20 years. We need to copy their blueprint!

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

fsquid wrote:HOw come Iraq only takes a month to kill someone and it takes our legal system over 20 years. We need to copy their blueprint!
Pretty sure Saddam's trial has been going on for far longer than a month. You also have to consider that it takes DECADES to screw up a judicial system as badly as the US judicial system is. As soon as they get enough attorneys over there, I am confident their judicial system will be as constipated as ours is in no time flat.....

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

There's a bunch of clips on youtube but none of them show anything past the noose going on.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

There's a cell phone video that pretty much shows it all floating out there. He falls, and you hear talking, then they show him lying on the floor after they take him down. He's saying something when they pull the lever, mid sentence. Then it's over...

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah, if you want to see it, just search Google video. Nothing great...but still satisfying none the less.

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

dave360 wrote:
kevinpars wrote:For those who didn't get a chance to see the hanging, it is going to be available as an Xbox Live Marketplace download from EA for 400 points next Tuesday. (Silver members will have to wait an extra week).
8O

:lol:

LMAO!!!