NBA 2K7...Anyone else as excited as me?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NBA 2K7...Anyone else as excited as me?

Post by sportdan30 »

To me, this is my most anticipated sports game of the year. More so than Madden and even College Hoops 2K7.

I'm really digging the following videos, although whoever is controlling the Cavs doesn't know to play the game the right way.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/727/727993p1.html

One month to go...

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yup.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I still have 2K6 and I think it is superb, especially post-patch. I can't wait for 2K7. I moved my pre-order from Madden straight to 2K7 after I picked up Madden at Circuit City.

hellbent
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by hellbent »

Yeah, looking forward to 2k7. 2k6's gameplay post-patch is a thing of beauty, probably the closest thing I've played to the ass-ugly yet gorgeous playing Inside Drive. Tremendous fun and variety in game results - I'd blow out the Suns with Charlotte one game then get my ass handed to me by Atlanta when using the Heat. Oh yes, almost forgot, the game also looked better than prety much any other hoops title ever and had a much-improved control system.

BUT...I am also keeping my eye on Live 07. Kazuya posted this link in the 2k6 thread a few weeks ago that piqued my interest:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/725/725510p1.html

I actually liked the player interaction, the courts, some of the controls inherent to Live (separate jumpshot and dunk/layup buttons, right stick Playmaker!), but those cameras...and the complete lack of franchise play kept me from ever picking that up last year.

So maybe we'll actually be blessed with 2 great BBall games this year - thanks in part to the NBA choosing to NOT hand out an exclusive license to ANYONE.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Before you get too excited about NBA Live '07, check out the impressions at the bottom of the following article...

http://sports.ign.com/articles/728/728027p1.html

hellbent
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by hellbent »

sportdan30 wrote:Before you get too excited about NBA Live '07, check out the impressions at the bottom of the following article...

http://sports.ign.com/articles/728/728027p1.html
Yikes - I spoke too soon. Thanks for the link Dan. For IGN to rip an alpha build of a major franchise like that is nearly unheard of. AND they give props to 2k7 in the same statement....

Live 07 might be a bit "undercooked" compared to pretty much any hoops game at this point, and when you're going up against a damn fine polished game like 2k7 APPEARS to be at this point, they could look even worse. Makes one start wishing for the longer development cycle it would take to get these issues smoothed out. Really, all they needed to do was fix the cameras, tweak the gameplay a bit, and implement a franchise mode to at least make the game somewhat worthy of being considered a secondary purchase to 2k7. Now, if the IGN statements are correct, they aren't even looking worthy of a RENTAL. Sad.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

I just read in Gamespot's hands-on article from earlier this month that NBA 2k7 will have 36 different camera angles to choose from...that's awesome.

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

Personally, I want to see CH2K6 more than anything.
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

seanmac31
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by seanmac31 »

NBA2K6 was the best of the launch titles and was about as much fun as a basketball game could possibly be. I could care less about the NBA at this point, but I'm definitely looking forward to 2K7.

billharris44
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by billharris44 »

GTHobbes wrote:I just read in Gamespot's hands-on article from earlier this month that NBA 2k7 will have 36 different camera angles to choose from...that's awesome.
LOL. That's 35 more than EA will have on the 360 version, right? :D

cdastros
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by cdastros »

If you haven't seen the new videos from the IGN play of the day that sportsdan has linked at the top of this page, you really need to. The game looks sick. Kobe's jumper is dead on, so is Lebrons. I think the unique jump shots will really help this game stand out each time you play a different team. Keep in mind that the Cavs are human controled while the Lakers are AI. I don't know much about the triangle offense but the set plays that the AI was running for Kobe and Odom look very good.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Those videos are incredible. Hell, they even got Marion's jumper in there, lol.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

No PSP love? :x

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Finally some newer animations for shots around the basket. I thought I read somewhere where they wanted to get the number of dunks per game down to or close to real life... I guess the new animations will do just that, hopefully.

Really like all the new animations for the bench and coaches as well.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

TheHiddenTrack
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by TheHiddenTrack »

TheTruth wrote:Finally some newer animations for shots around the basket. I thought I read somewhere where they wanted to get the number of dunks per game down to or close to real life... I guess the new animations will do just that, hopefully.
Thank god.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

New play of the day video of the Mavs and Nuggets. There are three videos, but I'd recommend checking out the second quarter and fourth quarter videos.

Nice to see the players walk to the scorers table and sit down awaiting to enter the game. There's a great look at the half time show. Take Two really brings realism to their games.

Also, in the 4th quarter of a tight game, the players on the sidelines stand up from their seats and cheer. Nice little touch!

Anyways, enjoy.

http://media.sports.ign.com/articles/72 ... ids_1.html

billharris44
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by billharris44 »

That fourth quarter video is pretty amazing.

AJColossal
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AJColossal »

Good to see that offensive rebounding and cpu 3-pt shooting is a little more prevalent out of the box.

Game looks fantastic. The signature shots look great as well, especially with Anthony and Nowitzki.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

From a purely selfish perspective, I really hope this game sells like gangbusters, and I'm not even a basketball fan. The only way we'll ever see this kind've presentation in Madden is if games like this and The Show make people demand more out of EA, who does look to have gotten the message with its NHL game, which I'm also really looking forward to.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I cant believe how life-like this game looks! Just watch the crowd during the game and you will be blown away that this is a video game. How much better can it possibly look? The only negative visually, is that the players look a little like they are skating on the court.

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

Wow, that's awesome. Too bad someone recorded it in 4:3 stretch mode. I would have liked to have seen 720p widescreen instead.
XBoxJon
[url=http://live.xbox.com/member/XBoxJon]Gamer Profile[/url]
[url=http://live.xbox.com/en-us/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt=XBoxJon]Send me a XBL message[/url]

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Not to be the wet blanket, but I hope they revamp their AI offense. I like 2k, and heads-up the game is a blast, but the series has always suffered from wonky offensive AI. I played 2k6 360 and even after the patch, it still had players from 2 and 3 taking the majority of the shots, regardless of those players being good. IMHO, the series was still behind Inside Drive in that regard.

I will definitely get this and College Hoops, then probably sell whichever one I like the least.

Afrodamus
Mario Mendoza

Post by Afrodamus »

not very excited about it..Its still IMO not a true next gen game...When 2K starts making real next gen games I'll go back to buying and playing their games

Millennium
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Millennium »

Afrodamus wrote:not very excited about it..Its still IMO not a true next gen game...When 2K starts making real next gen games I'll go back to buying and playing their games
How is it not a 'next-gen' game?

I'm just not sure what you mean by that comment?

Kazuya
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Kazuya »

Still looks like the same old 2K to me... within seconds of my firing up the video, Dampier grabs an offensive rebound under the hoop and instead of doing something that makes sense, he transitions into a slow, reverse layup animation... and the defenders still move around like they're hyper-charged on crack. No telling how old this version is though, and I do like the crowd graphics... pretty sweet.
"Whatever, I don't know why you even play yourself to that degree,
you laugh at me?" - Del

"Said the whisper to the secret..." - King's X