the DSP CD to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

the DSP CD to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project

Post by Sudz »

Since the "garageband" thread got off topic onto this...i figured we need a new thread and some people probably don't go in the other.

We are putting together a CD of DSP members with talent and publishing it through LULU (where i work) http://www.lulu.com/products/discs/cd.php . A portion of the proceeds will benefit http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org (where jackdog has been spending his time). I can do a PR push on this end.

So far we have tracks from:

James E
Gurantsu
jackb1
Scoop

We need more. You don't have to be musical savant to get a track on here. I might even have one...if i can get it off of a cassette.

I really think that this could be something special.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Wait it is singing? Is that what you're after or is it get a track doing whatever?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I made an Acid Planet page so you guys can check out my tunes. This cd is welcome to any of these songs.
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?so ... 210&T=2829
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Danimal wrote:Wait it is singing? Is that what you're after or is it get a track doing whatever?
anything musical...

no singing needed.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

As Jack had suggested in the other thread, I made an Acid Planet page for our songs. This way we can have them all in one place to make it easy for the crowd here to check them out and let us know which ones they like for the cd.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=524232&T=8278

I created the page as a second profile on my account, so any artists who want their songs put in there shoot me a PM and I'll send you my e-mail address for you to send the songs to, I'll then upload the songs to AP. Keep in mind that for the streaming songs, AP requires the song in WMA format, MP3 format is for downloading it. If you can't convert it to WMA it's no big deal, I can do it if need be.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

OK, I started putting the songs up on Acid Planet.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?so ... 232&t=8775

So far there are songs by Corey, James, and myself. Jack and Scoop, I have the links to your AP pages, do you have any specific songs you want considered for the CD? Any that you do want considered (or even all of them!) let me know and I'll download them and then upload them back into the DSP profile, so they'll all be in one convienient place for the guys to start listening.

There are some pretty cool tunes we have here!
2319!

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Grant,
Any of the songs I put up can be used.
I am a patient boy.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

awesome!

keep them coming!

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Grant.......all the songs on my page right now are covers http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?so ... 459&T=8115
but "Counting The Days" was redone in a different way by me, so put that
up for now. I am working on some original stuff. Hopefully it will be done soon.
Gurantsu wrote:OK, I started putting the songs up on Acid Planet.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?so ... 232&t=8775

Jack and Scoop, I have the links to your AP pages, do you have any specific songs you want considered for the CD?

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

We should probably steer clear of any covers, as I have no idea what the copyright laws are. We don't want to end up owing royalties to anyone!
2319!

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

No problem.
Gurantsu wrote:We should probably steer clear of any covers, as I have no idea what the copyright laws are. We don't want to end up owing royalties to anyone!

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

OK guys, there are 8 songs on the DSP song page, and we'll have 5 more to add of Scoops once I get them transferred over. 13 total songs, not bad, but lets see if we can get a few more guys out there to contribute some stuff. It doesn't have to be any particular genre, or have vocals, or any limits at all, other than it's of a decent sound quality. Any of you guys out there do any original DJ or dance club stuff? Any guys do country or bluegrass? Metal? Lets hear what you have! Just shoot me a PM and I'll let you know my e-mail address to send your songs to, or if they are already online somewhere I'll grab them and put them on the DSP page for convienient one stop shopping.
2319!

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

AWESOME! keep it up.

also...

i will be collection the stuff needed for the liner notes.

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

Great idea boys!! Thank you for your support. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." Jackie Robinson

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

JackDiggity wrote:Great idea boys!! Thank you for your support. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
i'll be in touch soon!

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

where do we stand...

i'm getting things done on this end!

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Well, we have 13 songs up on the Acid Planet site, I'm hoping that a few more guys can get some songs on there so we have a bit of variety. Other than that, we need the good readers of DSP to give a listen to the songs and decide which ones they think should go on the CD. Once we have the track list down, just it's just a matter of normalizing them and getting them sent off to you.
2319!

Kazuya
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Kazuya »

Gurantsu wrote:Other than that, we need the good readers of DSP to give a listen to the songs and decide which ones they think should go on the CD.
I'm not sure what you want here, with only 13 songs I would assume they could all make it on. Or do you want "yay" or "nay" as in good enough to make it on to the final CD?
"Whatever, I don't know why you even play yourself to that degree,
you laugh at me?" - Del

"Said the whisper to the secret..." - King's X

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Well, I was hoping to get a few more guys to contribute, especially if it would include different styles of music. But either way, we don't need to include all 13 just because they are there (AKA I don't want it to be the "Gurantsu and Scoop Show", although my ego would get a kick out of it! :lol: ) I think James said he might be able to get a couple more, and JackB1 said he has a couple of originals waiting in the wings, so I'd like to see what they come up with.

Also, as we are all recording on our PC's and most of the software out now supports the same file formats, if anyone needs help or extra guys to play on one of their songs just let the rest of us know, I'm sure we can band together to help out.

Sudz, do you have a deadline you want us to cut the submissions off at? I know at some point we'll need to go with what we have.
2319!

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

i say a few weeks...

that sound good?

i'll be contacting jackdog and getting in touch with the WWP....

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

i say.....let's roll with what we have!

thoughts?

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Since no one else has any more songs, its cool with me. Are we taking all 13? If so, then who will be doing the normalizing? I'm pretty sure my software will do it, but I have no experience in doing it, so if someone else who has done it before wants to step up cool. If not, then I'll go for it.
2319!

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Let me know if there's anything I can do. I can work on an album cover if needed. I have more songs if needed as well. Maybe if this goes well we can spend some time doing a second one with songs written and recorded by DSP members together.
I am a patient boy.

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Grant you can grab either of those other two songs from my soundclick.com site that I PM'd you if you need more.

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

Any room for one more from me?