Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The Canes-Sabres series will be an exciting one to watch. I'll pick youth over experience on this one so I'll say BUFF in 6. They are not just fast on their skates, they are fast in their transition, they are fast in their decision making and they are fast becoming the favorite to win the Stanley Cup.

The Most amazing thing about this team is how they can continually manage to play from ahead. Against OTT they always scored 1st with the exception of the only game they lost. Scoring quick goals and making life difficult for the team that they are playing. It is not easy to play catch up and the opponent is always forced to change strategies.

R. Miller is playing very well, I think he only had 1 bad game since the series started and that was vs PHI. Here's an article on Miller from none other than the PHI inquirer.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports ... 572631.htm

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

pk500 wrote:That's my man! Has Dom recovered yet? Is he on the Oiler Wagon?

Take care,
PK
It took a week and he's still not 100%. But I have sold him on the idea that we need to root for the Oil because:

1. They are underdogs and we love underdogs.

2. They aren't from or connected to the cities of Chicago,Dallas or Denver. :wink:

3. They beat the Wings so they must be the best team in the universe! :lol:
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." Jackie Robinson

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

JackDiggity wrote:
pk500 wrote:That's my man! Has Dom recovered yet? Is he on the Oiler Wagon?

Take care,
PK
It took a week and he's still not 100%. But I have sold him on the idea that we need to root for the Oil because:

1. They are underdogs and we love underdogs.

2. They aren't from or connected to the cities of Chicago,Dallas or Denver. :wink:

3. They beat the Wings so they must be the best team in the universe! :lol:
4. Its time for a Canadien team to win the Cup. 2 years ago, Calgary was cheated when Martin Gelinas scored the winner, and it wasn't ever reviewed. MG would have been the first man to score the clinching goal in every series during its march to the Cup.
gamertag: ddtrane65

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I didn't realize that happened. Makes me even more annoyed the lucky Lightning got the Cup. And I call them lucky not over anything that happend on the ice, but because of their amazing lack of injuries in 2004. Must be the warm weather or something.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

tjung0831 wrote: What the hell is this Wednesday night stuff? This is the only game left and Wednesday night seems like a damn eternity for us fans that have been tuning in every night.
Agreed!...

I want my playoff game now damn it!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Ahhh, Hockey is back. Doom day for SJ if they don't win and the Oilers simply have to continue doing what they've done the last 3 games. C. Pronger to contain J. Thornton who's been very quiet in the series, Rollie must keep his concentration as Toskala's fades, S. Staios & Smith to be solid on D, and Horcoff & R. Smith to do the scoring.

Cheechoo & P. Marleau need to pick up their game a notch.

One thing I am curious, will Rexall center boo the US national anthem as SJ did during the whole ceremony to the Canadian?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:One thing I am curious, will Rexall center boo the US national anthem as SJ did during the whole ceremony to the Canadian?
I think the bigger slap in the face would be NOT to boo it...but ILL bet that they do boo.

I find it to be embaressing...when either anthem is booed...

No class....

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:
10spro wrote:One thing I am curious, will Rexall center boo the US national anthem as SJ did during the whole ceremony to the Canadian?
I find that to be embaressing...when either anthem is booed...get some class.
Yeah, that was bad, and it wasn't your typical six pack drunks on Sunday.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Yeah, that was bad, and it wasn't your typical six pack drunks on Sunday.
:lol:

Hey...I know one of those...

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Oh the Oilers fans will be booing for sure, but most likely at the end of the game! Let's just start the "NHL wants the Sharks to win because of the large TV market in California" conspiracy right now.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

tjung0831 wrote:Oh the Oilers fans will be booing for sure, but most likely at the end of the game! Let's just start the "NHL wants the Sharks to win because of the large TV market in California" conspiracy right now.
:?:

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

XXXIV wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:Oh the Oilers fans will be booing for sure, but most likely at the end of the game! Let's just start the "NHL wants the Sharks to win because of the large TV market in California" conspiracy right now.
:?:
:?: :?:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Tim, I guess 34 wants to know what California Conspiracy exists. I'd like to know too.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Sharks had their run in the first round.

They just don't have enough shotmakers as expected. Can't see them scoring more than 3 goals and that probably won't be enough.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:Tim, I guess 34 wants to know what California Conspiracy exists. I'd like to know too.
Yep...First Ive heard of it...what is it based on?....

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

XXXIV wrote:
10spro wrote:Tim, I guess 34 wants to know what California Conspiracy exists. I'd like to know too.
Yep...First Ive heard of it...what is it based on?....
I was joking. My point was if there was ever a time for an NHL conspiracy, it would be the league wanting an all California conference final.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I think I said it before. It doesn't look like it now with EDM just scoring but even if it was an ALL California Western Conference Finals, the sad thing is, no one there would give a S**t about it.

What forechecking by the Oils, pure hardwork.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

You know what boys? How have the new rules affected the game? How about this fact. All four teams advancing to their Conference Finals did not even make the playoffs the year before the lockout.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Another great game....intense...

Lets Go Oilers!!! :D

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

And just for the record, the Oiler fans didn't boo the US Anthem, in fact they SANG ALONG with it.

Anyway, in important news.... Conference Finals baby!!!!!!!!!

Do you believe?

Can't wait till Friday.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Gangrel wrote:And just for the record, the Oiler fans didn't boo the US Anthem, in fact they SANG ALONG with it.
No s***...

Justice is served...

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Seems very unfair that Edmonton have to play on Friday while the Hurricanes and Sabres don't play until Saturday.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Feanor wrote:Seems very unfair that Edmonton have to play on Friday while the Hurricanes and Sabres don't play until Saturday.
Yeah it doesnt seem right...but the way they play I doubt they will care...Some tough SOBs....They are here because they just dont stop or quit...

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Feanor wrote:Seems very unfair that Edmonton have to play on Friday while the Hurricanes and Sabres don't play until Saturday.
In this case I would say it favours more the Oils as ANA is lacking gameplay for a week or so and they may be a bit slow to start off until they find their legs.