Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:This bandwagon jumper is looking forward to the Oilers- Sharks game in a big way....Just gotta love the way these guys play...

Lets go OILERS!!!
There's always room for more on the Oil Wagon. Jump on, boys!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

10spro wrote:
I have a feeling that M. Bordeur and CO may have something left in the tank. It works for them that they play again today as they want to carry the momentum they have. The two players that most impressed me were John Madden and Scott Gomez.
I think having the game today is more beneficial for the Canes then the Devils. The Canes get right back at it after having lost, they don't have to wait a few days sitting there thinking about it.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Back to Chara for a second, he could very well sign with the Blues in the offseason because of close relationship with Blues management. I for one am hoping the Blues pass. They have the money to spend this offseason without a doubt though. They are in fantastic shape capwise.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

pk500 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:This bandwagon jumper is looking forward to the Oilers- Sharks game in a big way....Just gotta love the way these guys play...

Lets go OILERS!!!

Take care,
PK
They beat my Wings. I want them to win the Cup.
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." Jackie Robinson

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

JackDiggity wrote:
pk500 wrote:

Lets go OILERS!!!

Take care,
PK
They beat my Wings. I want them to win the Cup.
That's my man! Has Dom recovered yet? Is he on the Oiler Wagon?

P.S.: 12:36 left in the third -- put a fork in New Jersey.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I would still like the Flyers to sign Redden, so long as it's not for too high of a price. I'm sure his poor play this postseason was partly due to his sad personal issues.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Carolina and Buffalo in the Eastern conference final and it should be a great series. As good as the Cane's are, I'm going to say Buffalo in 6. I think the Sabres are just a little bit better overall and their confidence is at an all time high. I just don't see Buffalo losing a 7 game series from here on out.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Feanor wrote:I would still like the Flyers to sign Redden, so long as it's not for too high of a price. I'm sure his poor play this postseason was partly due to his sad personal issues.
Very true regarding Redden there for sure.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Devils go down in flames in five sweet games. :) Great result for Carolina. I'm hoping Recchi, Brind'Amour, Williams and the rest of the Canes can win another two series, but they'll have it tough against Buffalo. Any word on whether Connolly is coming back? RJ Umberger came back from the heavy hit he took to play in the series against the Sabres, but he had to withdraw from the Worlds recently after suffering from dizzyness which is not a good sign.
Last edited by Feanor on Sun May 14, 2006 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Great deflection by Pisani. He is living the dream. If the playoffs ended tonight, would he be the Conn Smythe winner? I know pk, its a little early for that kind of talk, but I was just wondering...
gamertag: ddtrane65

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

ddtrane wrote:Great deflection by Pisani. He is living the dream. If the playoffs ended tonight, would he be the Conn Smythe winner? I know pk, its a little early for that kind of talk, but I was just wondering...
nope...that will be going to Ryan Miller!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

i say the hurricanes in 5,

they just keep getting all these teams to play down to their level...

and NJ...their breakout consisted on gomez carrying it out of the zone...they just never adjusted....not going to win with so few shots...

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

go oilers!!!!

hated them in the GRETZ/MESS era...love 'em the past few seasons!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Sudz wrote:go oilers!!!!
YES!

Go OILERS!!!

Just when ya thought the Sharks were going to take back control when they tied the game at 3...kaboom!!!...The Oil strikes...They are just some tough sobs...

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

tjung0831 wrote:
ddtrane wrote:Great deflection by Pisani. He is living the dream. If the playoffs ended tonight, would he be the Conn Smythe winner? I know pk, its a little early for that kind of talk, but I was just wondering...
nope...that will be going to Ryan Miller!
My choice would be R. Brind'Amour, his leadership is contagious to the Canes.

F. Pisani is one of the better puck deflectors in the league, very deceptive with the stick, good game. Unsung heroes for the Oils. S Staios (amazing blocking shots) and the ever improving S. Horcoff.

What happened to Toskala and the SJ Defense. They are committing too many errors creating too many EDM's PP, and seem a bit doubtful coming out of their zone. Rexall Center will be rocking next game.

Congrats CAR.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I could watch the Horcoff-Pisani 2 on 1 all day long! I just love how Horcoff stares at Pisani, stares, stares, stares... then looks at Toskala, which is when he throws the puck over! Beautiful, and one of the reasons when I play nets that I never look at the player, but the puck. ;)

I too was worried when it was 3-3, but man, what a plesant surprise! I just hate that I have to wait until Wednesday to see the next one. Man, I would love to be in Rexall for THAT game. ;)
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

tjung0831 wrote:Carolina and Buffalo in the Eastern conference final and it should be a great series. As good as the Cane's are, I'm going to say Buffalo in 6. I think the Sabres are just a little bit better overall and their confidence is at an all time high. I just don't see Buffalo losing a 7 game series from here on out.
Agreed. Buffalo will win, as Miller is the difference. He's playing better than Ward, and New Jersey's offense turned into a pop gun against Carolina. That won't happen to Buffalo.

Sabres in six or seven. Not sure how many games yet.

Take care,
PK

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I will go with Buffalo too...in 6...

Ive got 2 out of 3 so far this round and the Oilers can make it 3 of 4...Scoop I will be looking for My button if they do :D

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Get than damn cart behind the horse, man! But since you mention it, I think the Conn Smythe would go to Pisani, Roloson or Pronger right now if the playoffs ended with the Oil hoisting the Big Mug.

My nod would go to Roli.

But hey, back to reality. It's only the second round!

Take care,
PK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Greg Millen made a great point on the CBC coverage about Horcoff and Pisani's 2-on-1. The good offensive players actually slow down when they have the puck on the 2-on-1 instead of careen toward the net, as it usually forces the goalie or defenseman to commit early, leaving an opening for a shot or pass.

That's exactly what Horc did on that play, and Fernie buried it.

My first star of the game was Smytty, though. The guy is just so damn tough in front of the net and causes so much trouble for the Sharks' D and Toskala, even when he's not scoring two goals and adding two assists. Add in the fact he had three teeth knocked out and had to have part of his lower lip removed to sew it up in that triple-OT game, and the guy just symbolizes the grit and toughness of the Oil.

One more game, baby. Rexall will be ROCKING Wednesday night!

Take care,
PK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Head's up: One of the all-time classic hockey movies, "Youngblood," is on OLN at 8 and 10 p.m. (EDT) tonight on OLN. It's so bad that it's good. Rob Lowe, Patrick Swayze, Keanu Reeves and the tasty Cynthia Gibb.

Enjoy!

Take care,
PK

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

Heh Heh, the kick between the legs on the penalty shot.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

pk500 wrote:
One more game, baby. Rexall will be ROCKING Wednesday night!

Take care,
PK
What the hell is this Wednesday night stuff? They should have game 6 tuesday and game 7 on Thursday with both conference finals starting Saturday night. This is the only game left and Wednesday night seems like a damn eternity for us fans that have been tuning in every night.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

fightingcamel
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by fightingcamel »

pk500 wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:Carolina and Buffalo in the Eastern conference final and it should be a great series. As good as the Cane's are, I'm going to say Buffalo in 6. I think the Sabres are just a little bit better overall and their confidence is at an all time high. I just don't see Buffalo losing a 7 game series from here on out.
Agreed. Buffalo will win, as Miller is the difference. He's playing better than Ward, and New Jersey's offense turned into a pop gun against Carolina. That won't happen to Buffalo.

Sabres in six or seven. Not sure how many games yet.

Take care,
PK
CAM WARD 8-2-0 .930 1.77
RYAN MILLER 8-3-0 .921 2.25

Canes in six! :D

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Yeah, but Ward was blown out in Game 4. Miller got hammered in Game 1, but the Sabres still won.

Take care,
PK