Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am just puzzled as to what the SENS are trying to do. You would think that with the series down 0-2, they would come out firing at all cylinders, yet key D players like Redden and Chara are coughing up the puck like they had the previous matches, and there's no intensity in their play. Deep inside they may think they can come back against BUFF, but not the way they are playing.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Great game. SENS come back with less than 2 minutes to go and it's OT time. OTT has a bit more sense of urgency, but still are giving away too many chances in D.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Get out the brooms because those big bad unbeatable Devils are about to get swept! :lol:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

tjung0831 wrote:Get out the brooms because those big bad unbeatable Devils are about to get swept! :lol:
Shocker!! I love it!! The hell with the Devils. :wink: Go Cains!! One more boys. One more.
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." Jackie Robinson

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Fantastic result. The Canes are showing just how over-hyped the Devils were after beating up on the rudderless Rangers, pathetic Penguins and floppy Flyers for 10 of the 15 wins on their streak.

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

My Sens are killing me.

F*** ME. F*** F*** F*** :( :( :( :(

And also :x :x :x and :cry: :cry: :cry:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

James_E wrote:My Sens are killing me.

F*** ME. F*** F*** F*** :( :( :( :(

And also :x :x :x and :cry: :cry: :cry:
:lol: .....I feel your pain....

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Feanor wrote:Fantastic result. The Canes are showing just how over-hyped the Devils were .
Yep

I for one bought the hype... :P

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

XXXIV wrote:
Feanor wrote:Fantastic result. The Canes are showing just how over-hyped the Devils were .
Yep

99.9% of this forum bought the hype on the very overrated Devils. There were a few of us believers here though. I still can't figure out why the Devils go so much love on here, it was like as if Stevens and Niedermayer were still on the damn team and we reverted back to 2003 season.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Feanor wrote:Fantastic result. The Canes are showing just how over-hyped the Devils were after beating up on the rudderless Rangers, pathetic Penguins and floppy Flyers for 10 of the 15 wins on their streak.
SING IT BROTHER!!!! :)
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

tjung0831 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
Yep

99.9% of this forum bought the hype on the very overrated Devils. There were a few of us believers here though. I still can't figure out why the Devils go so much love on here, it was like as if Stevens and Niedermayer were still on the damn team and we reverted back to 2003 season.
Well, they got love from me because I'm a fan of the Devils. This has been painful to watch. The first game in the series is the only one they had no chance of winning. I don't know why it makes you so giddy that the Devils are down 3-0. Is it because you called it and nobody else did?

Here you go:

I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

ScoopBrady wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:
XXXIV wrote: Yep

Well, they got love from me because I'm a fan of the Devils. This has been painful to watch. The first game in the series is the only one they had no chance of winning. I don't know why it makes you so giddy that the Devils are down 3-0. Is it because you called it and nobody else did?

Here you go:
There were 3 or 4 of us here that called it! I HATE THE DEVILS AND THAT IS WHY I'M GIDDY.
Bozo??? your hung up on some clown from the 60's man. :lol:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

tjung0831 wrote: Bozo??? your hung up on some clown from the 60's man. :lol:
In case you thought he was...Sometimes I get confused :P ..He wasnt calling you a bozo. Scoop was saying that you won a bozo button for picking the Canes.
It is a Chicago thing...I think...Bozo is big around here.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Wow! Second OT coming for the Oilers-Sharks, what happens, EDM does not deserve to lose this game. They are really skating the way they are capable of and players like M. Peca, J. Smith and R. Torres have stepped up immensenly. Both goaltending are standing tall.

Tim, personally I predicted NJ to win their series, hype or no hype, it was just a prediction, I don't hate them, what's all that reaction about man?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:Wow! Second OT coming for the Oilers-Sharks?
Another great game. It looks like it might be a long night. I hope it ends soon Im getting sleepieees

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:
10spro wrote:Wow! Second OT coming for the Oilers-Sharks?
Another great game. It looks like it might be a long night. I hope it ends soon Im getting sleepieees
Hang in there man, Oils have to win this game, they deserve to. I mean after that shot in the last second of the game between SENS-SABR that hit the post and would have given the series a 2-1 look, I have to cheer for a Canadian team. :wink:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Man, not only its late but with the third OT coming up, I am just exhausted watching this non-stop action, imagine how the players are feeling. What if they had back to back games? Great stuff, by far this is the best game by D.Roloson, he had some amazing saves.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

The save at the end was amazing...

That was a penalty but I would have understood the call better if they hadnt swallowed em the entire 2nd OT.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Whhoooaaa! Go Oils baby!!!!! Horcoff!!!!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong sport but it got Me excited :D

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Peter Forsberg is going to be out till at least January 1st. He's having some pretty major surgery done on both ankles:

Forsberg said he has a "hard arch." Both feet lean inward, damaging the ligaments. During his 11 years in the NHL, the condition has worsened. His feet are crooked and his skate boot does not fit correctly on either foot.

He will have the right foot done next week and the left foot some 6 weeks later. The surgery is extensive and will require bones to be cracked and realigned and tendons tightened.

"[It will be] 4 to 6 weeks before the bone is healed in the right foot, and as soon as I can take a step on the right foot, I am doing the left one," Forsberg said. "I am going to have the cast on the left foot after that. My foot is crooked, and you have to go in and crack the bones in my foot. Not only do you have to go in and tighten up the tendons, but you have to go in and crack the bones, too.

"I feel as bad as anybody that I have to get this done. I didn't want it to happen, and with all the injuries before, too, it's a tough situation. But on the other hand, like I said, I know it's going to be good and I know I can be better than I was. I wish I was in January right now and I can say, 'Hey, it worked out and it feels much better, and it is showing on the ice too!'"

Why can't Forsberg have both surgeries now and cut his recovery time in half?

"He has to limp around," said Forsberg's friend, who asked not to be identified. "If he had both surgeries right away, he wouldn't be able to move for months."

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Tim:

The Devils won 15 games in a row going into this series. I'm glad you think you're the hockey Nostradamus, and you made a nice, contrarian pick, but common sense would have dictated that the Devils were the favorite going into this series. They were hot as hell, and Carolina struggled with Montreal until Koivu went down.

Plus I don't think anyone expected Brodeur to play this poorly. He doesn't even look like a decent NHL goalie in this series. Marty is making Ray Emery look good right now, and that's saying something.

I will give you credit on the Sabres. You have pimped them since during the lockout last year. But the Canes? You hopped on the bandwagon just at the right time.

GO OIL!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

What a game by the Oil! YES!

This has been the best of the four playoff series so far. All three have been one-goal games, very tight checking, good skill, superb goaltending. Roloson's glove save on Cheechoo -- was it in the second or third OT; I'm so tired I can't remember -- was remarkable. And Greg Millen was right about Toskala: The guy's positioning is so good that he's tough to beat. But that little hitch with his glove hand is a vulnerable spot for the Oil.

The Oil set the tone right away by flying in the first period and hitting everything in sight. That's the Oil that I want to see. Plus it certainly helped to be back home on the Rexall ice, as it's the fastest sheet in the NHL.

I know Horcoff scored the game-winner and Roloson was superb, but Ryan Smyth has to be the first star. The dude suffered Bloody Chiclets when he was hit with Pronger's clearing pass and returned to the game and still got in all the battles in the corner and in front of the net, and set up Horcoff's game-winner. Please take notes Ales Hemsky, you p*ssy.

Finally, it was a joy to hear Jim Hughson and Greg Millen call the game. They have become my favorite hockey announcing tandem this year. Kind of ironic, considering I HATE Hughson's work in the EA NHL game series!

GO OIL!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

pk500 wrote:Tim:

The Devils won 15 games in a row going into this series. I'm glad you think you're the hockey Nostradamus, and you made a nice, contrarian pick, but common sense would have dictated that the Devils were the favorite going into this series. They were hot as hell, and Carolina struggled with Montreal until Koivu went down.

Plus I don't think anyone expected Brodeur to play this poorly. He doesn't even look like a decent NHL goalie in this series. Marty is making Ray Emery look good right now, and that's saying something.

I will give you credit on the Sabres. You have pimped them since during the lockout last year. But the Canes? You hopped on the bandwagon just at the right time.

GO OIL!

Take care,
PK
I didn't know that predicting a series winner met jumping on the bandwagon. However i'm not on the Canes bandwagon at all, I just wanted them to win and defeat the Devils. The Canes are going down next round anyway. I still would love to see the Sabres and the Oilers play for the cup, thats my dream matchup right now. I still like the Sharks for some reason in that series though but i'm hoping the Oilers can pull it out.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

pk500 wrote: Plus I don't think anyone expected Brodeur to play this poorly. He doesn't even look like a decent NHL goalie in this series. Marty is making Ray Emery look good right now, and that's saying something.
Emery isn't playing too bad really in this series (other than game 1 of this one). Sens just aren't playing well defensively in front of him. Giveaways, leaving people open etc. With a team like the Sens have, they should be able to win with a goalie playing the way Emery is.

Do I wish Hasek was healthy and playing? Sure... but the being down 3-0 is NOT Emery's fault.