Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

F*** me! I can't believe my Sens are down 2-0. I was swearing at the tv tonight, which is quite unusual for me.

Kudos to Ryan Miller... what a great great game he played tonight... hope he DOESN'T keep it up.

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

Unbelievable final 20 seconds in the 3rd of the Car-NJ game!!! 8O 8O 8O

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Its still hard for me to believe that last 20 seconds of regulation.
gamertag: ddtrane65

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

The Devils are done....BUH BYE!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Marty Brodeur was astounding tonight but NJ had too many breakdowns. CAR just stole the game tonight and they have all the momentum going for them.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

3:09 of OT, hold on, theres a review in progress. If good, then the Devils let a great opportunity get away from them.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

3:09 of OT, hold on, theres a review in progress. If good, then the Devils let a great opportunity get away from them. Its good. Gonna be tough to for Jersey to get the next 4 out of 5.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

tjung0831 wrote:The Devils are done....BUH BYE!
What a dick. :D And nothing is done quite yet. That was a bad game to lose for the Devils. Talk about letting one slip away.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I don't know about it being such a tough loss for the Devils. They were outplayed most of the game, and I can't imagine too many Devil's players will be sitting around thinking to themselves that they deserved better because their lucky goal didn't stand up.

That being said, this series is far from over.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Naples39 wrote:I don't know about it being such a tough loss for the Devils. They were outplayed most of the game, and I can't imagine too many Devil's players will be sitting around thinking to themselves that they deserved better because their lucky goal didn't stand up.

That being said, this series is far from over.
If they revert and change the rules back to the 2003-04 season, then yeah I agree with you, the series is far from over.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

tjung0831 wrote:If they revert and change the rules back to the 2003-04 season, then yeah I agree with you, the series is far from over.
Strange, I coulda sworn the Devils just won 15 games in a row under the new rules. Did I miss that memo that said all those games were actually played under 03-04 rules?

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Naples39 wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:If they revert and change the rules back to the 2003-04 season, then yeah I agree with you, the series is far from over.
Strange, I coulda sworn the Devils just won 15 games in a row under the new rules. Did I miss that memo that said all those games were actually played under 03-04 rules?
That 15 game winning streak ain't doing a thing for them now as they are in a world of trouble. Some of those games were at the end of the year against inferior teams and 4 of them were against the Rangers in the playoffs. Carolina is a much better team and it's showing, better skating, much better skill, and much more depth.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

So far it's all San Jose. How do you stop Thornton? Mac better find someone.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:So far it's all San Jose. How do you stop Thornton? Mac better find someone.
I have seen the light...My Apologies to Mr Thorton.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

HipE wrote:Unbelievable final 20 seconds in the 3rd of the Car-NJ game!!! 8O 8O 8O
That was awesome...Another fantastic game...I am loving these playoffs.
ScoopBrady wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:The Devils are done....BUH BYE!
What a dick. :D And nothing is done quite yet. That was a bad game to lose for the Devils. Talk about letting one slip away.
It sure does look bad...Carolina is carrying the play 5 of 6 periods played so far. I wouldnt have believed it but seeing is believing...

fightingcamel
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by fightingcamel »

Wow! What a game!

I was there tonight. Great crowd, unbelievable finish!

Just need to win a couple more now :D

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

Go Cains! What a great game!
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." Jackie Robinson

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Another tough loss. For all the praise of Thornton, and it's justified, the difference for me is San Jose's defensemen. They are so strong in front of their net, not allowing many second chances at all with efficient clearing of the puck or by tying up the Oil's forwards.

Rexall better be rocking Wednesday night, because the Oil needs the lift, for sure. Game 3 is a must-win.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

10spro wrote:Best HIT since the B. Campell one on Umberger. OTT is coming to play here folks, big loss for BUF as one of their most creative players is down in T. Connolly. Wow, what a monster hit by Shaeffer.
I think hits to the head like that should be illegal. Connolly's had a history of concussion problems and this latest hit could have ended his career.

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Clean, open ice hits should be illegal? Why?

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I think hits to the head should be illegal, like they are in in rugby and rugby league. That would still allow crushing open ice checks to the whole upper body which is a big enough target. Too many good players are having their careers ruined by concussions and it's not worth it. The players wear helmets now, but that doesn't help much because the players hitting them in the head have shoulder armour that may as well be made out of concrete.

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

James_E wrote:Clean, open ice hits should be illegal? Why?
Heh, heh. What's the matter, you don't like ice dancing?

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

The Connolly hit was clean...ugly..but clean. On the otherhand in the Edmonton/San Jose game that Raffi Torres hit on Michalek was borderline dirty.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Naples39 wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:If the Sabres can figure out Ottawa, they'll be hoisting the cup in June! They are that good!!!
There's the overstatement of the year. Sabres will be fighting for their lives just to make it of the next round.
Looks like the Senators are the ones fighting for their lives...
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I agree with Feanor. Concussions are a serious problem and it makes me sick to my stomach to watch these guys lay motionless on the ground. Too many careers have been cut short, and in the case of Connolly are in danger of never really blossoming in the first place.

I'm not saying the hit on Connolly or Michalek was illegal, as they were both elbow down, feet on the ground, but they were both headhunting plays. In the old days it didn't matter if the hit was clean or not, you took a shot at one of our best offensive players you better be prepared to defend yourself. Now there are no repercussions, players can headhunt with impunity.

I don't see why blows to the head shouldn't have the same kind of exception to the normal rules like submarining someone's knees or boarding because of the danger of neck injuries. The head needs more protection than anything, and it's not like saying no direct contact to the head would take the physicality out of the game.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.