Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

CrazyPsycho
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by CrazyPsycho »

Stupid OLN forced me to a bar tonight. I've never seen a game like this one , it's 4 AM here and I'm still wide awake. What a batshit game that was. I hope that both teams start to defend better, I don't think I'll make it through 7 of these bad boys.

WOW!

Go Sabres!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

What a game. 'Nuff said.

Although I will shower Connolly with extra love since he grew up about 15 miles from here, and his parents still live in suburban Syracuse. Way to go, Timmy!

And what a move by Connolly on his first goal. Damn, that was world-f'ing-class.

The real Jose Theodore stood up tonight, and that's not a good sign for Avs' fans. Anaheim seemed to have no trouble finding offense tonight.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote: The real Jose Theodore stood up tonight, and that's not a good sign for Avs' fans. Anaheim seemed to have no trouble finding offense tonight.
Take care,
PK
Yep, it's what I've been observing already during the series with DAL, when your team wins, you sort of hide the weakness of others, but he was fortunate that M. Turko was not any better. It's still early of course, but COL was flatly outplayed last night.

Two doughnut games in a row, Ilya who? Wow!

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

So much for those almighty Devils. They'll be lucky if they don't get swept in this series. Too much speed and way too much talent on the Canes for the Devils to overcome.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Feanor wrote:Carolina can definitely beat the Devils. Brodeur may be one of the best five goalies of all time, but he's been beaten in plenty of series before, and Carolina have the goal scorers to test him.
Looking good so far. :) People don't realize that while the Devils won their last 15 games before today, 10 of those wins came against the Flyers, Rangers and Penguins - three teams that played poorly in April. (Of course, the Penguins played poorly October thru March, as well.)

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

tjung0831 wrote:So much for those almighty Devils. They'll be lucky if they don't get swept in this series. Too much speed and way too much talent on the Canes for the Devils to overcome.
I still stand by the Devils in 5. They'll make the proper adjustments and won't be rusty from now on.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Wow. Impressive performance from Carolina. Maybe Cam Ward is Jiggy in 2003.

But I still stand by my pick of the Devils. Probably not in five, though. More like seven. The Devils' bubble was due to pop. This loss doesn't mean their toast -- not at all.

It's a cliche, but it was one game.

If Carolina beats New Jersey in Game 2, then I'll start believing in the Perfect Storm.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

Go Cains!! Like PK,I hope they follow up with a strong game 2 performance. Man I hate the Devils.
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." Jackie Robinson

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Jersey may have lost yesterday, but that glove save by Brodeur while he slid on his hip across the crease, pads stacked, about midway through the second period was spectacular!

Take care,
PK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

tjung0831 wrote:So much for those almighty Devils. They'll be lucky if they don't get swept in this series. Too much speed and way too much talent on the Canes for the Devils to overcome.
Sorry, but after watching the highlights of this game again this morning at NHL.com, hardly any of the Canes' goals had to do with skill or speed. New Jersey's defensemen and back-checking forwards did a HORRIBLE job at keeping Carolina's forwards away from the net. That was the albatross.

Take care,
PK

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

pk500 wrote:
Sorry, but after watching the highlights of this game again this morning at NHL.com, hardly any of the Canes' goals had to do with skill or speed. New Jersey's defensemen and back-checking forwards did a HORRIBLE job at keeping Carolina's forwards away from the net. That was the albatross.

Take care,
PK
SCOREBOARD JACK!!!

Hurricanes 6
CCCP 0
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

It's hard to blame Brodeur for the 5 PP goals scored against him. Jersey was flat, but they were due for a bad game. However, I also feel that we're not giving Carolina enough credit. They're getting better goaltending now than they have all year, and they still have one of the best offenses in the league. I think the winner of this series will represent the East in the Finals.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Wow what a beating...looks like I was wrong about this one...

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Sully wrote:I think the winner of this series will represent the East in the Finals.
I'm not sure I agree with you about that, but does anyone else get the feeling that the cup is the Eastern Conference's for the taking? I think I'd take any of the 4 remaining teams in the east over any of the 4 teams left in the west.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Naples39 wrote:
Sully wrote:I think the winner of this series will represent the East in the Finals.
I'm not sure I agree with you about that, but does anyone else get the feeling that the cup is the Eastern Conference's for the taking? I think I'd take any of the 4 remaining teams in the east over any of the 4 teams left in the west.
The balance of power has shifted heavily to the East in the second round, no question. But the Oil still is alive! :)

Take care,
PK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Tough loss for the Oil tonight. But they were outplayed, so it was a just result.

For starters, San Jose did a great job of clearing the very few rebounds that Toskala allowed. Second, San Jose hits much more often and more effectively than Detroit.

But the biggest difference between San Jose and Detroit is that the Sharks have much quicker feet in the offensive zone. Detroit probably cuts through the neutral zone a bit faster than San Jose, but the Sharks are quick as hell to get to loose pucks and to get position in their offensive zone. Really quick.

Both San Jose goals were beauties. Marleau put his shot through a pinhole, and Ehrhoff's was a beauty to the top shelf, far corner. Nothing cheap about them at all, and Spacek's goal also was legit as hell. Nice to see a game with no garbage goals.

Pisani came back to Earth tonight and was largely invisible. It was bound to happen, as a role player usually can't carry a team offensively for more than one series.

It will be interesting to see how both teams react to playing on consecutive nights. San Jose was 6-0 in three sets of back-to-backers late in the season.

Tomorrow night isn't a must-win for the Oil, as I still think they can be very effective at Rexall. But falling behind 2-0 will be a rugged road to travel. San Jose probably will be too good to let that kind of lead evaporate.

To the other Western series, the best goalie in the world right now has a last name that starts with B, and it's not Brodeur. How f*cking good is Bryzgalov playing right now for Anaheim? Dude is unconscious!

Take care,
PK

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

I was surprised to the lax style the Oil played on the penalty kill. With Detroit they rushed at every puck handler and really forced them into bad decisions, but with the Sharks they stayed back in the box. I don't think that is their style. Sharks are playing some damn good hockey right now.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am just damn impressed with the Ducks and I. Brysgalow. I mean a rookie with the third shutout in a row? What happened to COL's offense or is ANA really mighty? Signing Theodore was a big gamble I thought from COL ,and his rust still shows.

Looks like R. Dvorak won't play tonight for the Oils and I look forward to another fest between OTT and BUF.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I think Colorado lacks quality depth and that's their biggest problem. Contain Sakic and neutralize Blake and you'll beat Colorado on most nights.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

tjung0831 wrote:I think Colorado lacks quality depth and that's their biggest problem. .
I agree...This aint your uncles Avalanche...

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Best HIT since the B. Campell one on Umberger. OTT is coming to play here folks, big loss for BUF as one of their most creative players is down in T. Connolly. Wow, what a monster hit by Shaeffer.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Great games between the Sabs and Sens. This was definitely your uncles hockey. Can't blame R. Emery tonight. The goalie for the Sabs stood on his head.
gamertag: ddtrane65

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Great win by the Sabres tonight. Miller was outstanding and what a save on Spezza near the end of the game. Sabres overcame alot tonight including the loss of Tim Connolly. Sabres going home with a 2-0 series lead!!!

GO SABRES!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

R.Miller stole the game tonight and SENS'captain D. Alfredsson and CO are playing without any urgency at all. Just like that BUF is up 2-0.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

10spro wrote:R.Miller stole the game tonight and SENS'captain D. Alfredsson and CO are playing without any urgency at all. Just like that BUF is up 2-0.
Great point. What about that urgency once Emery left the ice, they should of had at least 3 different rushes, but could only manage one, and that was with the delay of game penalty.
gamertag: ddtrane65