OT: Patrick Kennedy is one lucky guy.

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

OT: Patrick Kennedy is one lucky guy.

Post by JackDiggity »

I mean Jesus if I knew I could use the excuse of mixing Phenergan in combination with Ambien to get out of trouble with the law. I could have saved myself and some friends a lot of money.

What a crock of bullshit. At least no poor women died in this Kennedy f*** up.
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." Jackie Robinson

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Bah, this whole thing is just a Rovian conspiracy to take the thunder out of the press coverage of Colbert's courageous performance from the Press Corps dinner. Who would ever believe that a Kennedy would take drugs or have trouble driving?

:)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: Patrick Kennedy is one lucky guy.

Post by XXXIV »

JackDiggity wrote: At least no poor women died in this Kennedy f*** up.
Honestly Im shocked.

Shocked that no woman got hurt or raped...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

What the sh*tfaced Mr. Kennedy said to the D.C. cop:

"Ask not what a bribe can do for you; ask what you can do to get my bribe!"

What a joke. Not mine, but Patrick Kennedy. Sleeping pills and nausea pills, my ass.

Hey, I take Protonix daily for acid reflux disease. Maybe I can use that as my excuse the next time I go crazy with you cats on Xbox Live. It was the acid reflux meds, boys, really! :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

pk500 wrote:What the sh*tfaced Mr. Kennedy said to the D.C. cop:

"Ask not what a bribe can do for you; ask what you can do to get my bribe!"

What a joke. Not mine, but Patrick Kennedy. Sleeping pills and nausea pills, my ass.

Hey, I take Protonix daily for acid reflux disease. Maybe I can use that as my excuse the next time I go crazy with you cats on Xbox Live. It was the acid reflux meds, boys, really! :)

Take care,
PK
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad thing is Paul,you and I would still be in jail trying to raise bail instaed of checking into rehab.

Let's add this up. In the last month a Congresswomen hit's a cop and a Representative crashes his car drunk off his arse at 2:45 in the AM and no one is in trouble. Damn I wish I could make laws that were ment for everyone else. :roll:
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." Jackie Robinson

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

JackDiggity wrote: Let's add this up. In the last month a Congresswomen hit's a cop and a Representative crashes his car drunk off his arse at 2:45 in the AM and no one is in trouble. Damn I wish I could make laws that were ment for everyone else. :roll:
You need to run for office :D ...s***....I wish I could ....Living off a dead legend isnt a bad idea either...has worked for Teddy for 40 years....

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

XXXIV wrote:
JackDiggity wrote: Let's add this up. In the last month a Congresswomen hit's a cop and a Representative crashes his car drunk off his arse at 2:45 in the AM and no one is in trouble. Damn I wish I could make laws that were ment for everyone else. :roll:
You need to run for office :D ...s***....I wish I could ....Living off a dead legend isnt a bad idea either...has worked for Teddy for 40 years....
Damn right! Lets lock up the Greek and Black votes. Our ticket must dive headfirst into making cannabis legal. :lol:

On the real. I have heard people in his party call him a role model today!! These are the same people that wanted Limbaugh burned at the stake. The big difference is, Limbaugh doesn't hold a public office and have a history of drug and alcohol addiction. But Patrick is a Kennedy so let's all cut him some slack and show compassion. God knows he's had a very tough life and should be depressed. :roll:

It's makes me sick how politics truly f*** up peoples minds.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

JackDiggity wrote:Damn right! Lets lock up the Greek and Black votes. Our ticket must dive headfirst into making cannabis legal. :lol:
Ears and eyes perk up at that platform ... :)

I love how Patrick Kennedy calls his addiction a "disease." Bullsh*t. A disease is cancer that strikes a 4-year-old kid or a healthy 35-year-old woman.

Kennedy could have controlled himself with the prescription drugs, but he didn't. He's just another addict who needs help to control himself, not someone suffering from a disease. And I hope he gets that help. But first he has to want to help himself.

And before someone tries to tell me addictions of any kind are a disease, an alcoholic uncle lived with us for six months when I was a kid, and I saw all the demons first-hand before my mother -- his own brother -- had to throw him out because he emptied my parents' liquor cabinet. God rest Uncle Bill's soul, as he was a superb and loving guy, but he simply couldn't control his intake of booze until much later in life, when his odometer had rolled over a few times from a life of hard drinking. That's not a disease -- it's an addiction.

In my mind, an addiction is a willing decision to abuse something. That's not the same as a disease, which comes unwillingly, sometimes to those whose lifestyle is clean and healthy, not lending itself to that disease.

Addicts need help, no question. And I hope they can get the help they need. But they are suffering from an addiction, which is not a disease unless there is clear evidence of mental illness, which I don't think is the case with Kennedy.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
JackDiggity wrote:Damn right! Lets lock up the Greek and Black votes. Our ticket must dive headfirst into making cannabis legal. :lol:
:D Spark em up sparky(not to be confused with Sparky and the big red machine)...

MJ being illegal is just f***in stupid... :D ...and Im not being biased :wink:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
pk500 wrote:
:D Spark em up sparky(not to be confused with Sparky and the big red machine)...

When was Michael Jordan declared an illegal alien? I thought you liked the Bulls ... :) Is MJ being deported to North Carolina?

Take care,
PK

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
pk500 wrote: Ears and eyes perk up at that platform ... :)

When was Michael Jordan declared an illegal alien? I thought you liked the Bulls ... :) Is MJ being deported to North Carolina?

Take care,
PK
:lol:

I meant the other MJ...My gf...aka Mary Jane...yes...NO JOKE...her name...I love taking deep puffs...

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

XXXIV wrote:
pk500 wrote:
XXXIV wrote: :D Spark em up sparky(not to be confused with Sparky and the big red machine)...

Take care,
PK
:lol:

I meant the other MJ...My gf...aka Mary Jane...yes...NO JOKE...her name...I love taking deep puffs...
As long as you don't inhale :wink:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pk500 wrote:
In my mind, an addiction is a willing decision to abuse something. That's not the same as a disease, which comes unwillingly, sometimes to those whose lifestyle is clean and healthy, not lending itself to that disease.

Addicts need help, no question. And I hope they can get the help they need. But they are suffering from an addiction, which is not a disease unless there is clear evidence of mental illness, which I don't think is the case with Kennedy.

Take care,
PK
Don't mean to threadjack, but I could not agree more and your comments above fit the John Daly/gambling issue perfectly. He does not have a disease. He might have no control over that addiction, but he had a CHOICE when he became addicted to gambling because he chose to begin gambling. I don't recall anyone ever "choosing" cancer, diabetes, or any other true disease. Cancer or any other disease shows up without choice. HUGE differences here. Well said Paul.

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

pk500 wrote:
JackDiggity wrote: In my mind, an addiction is a willing decision to abuse something. That's not the same as a disease, which comes unwillingly, sometimes to those whose lifestyle is clean and healthy, not lending itself to that disease.

Take care,
PK
It depends on the circumstance, PK. Nothing is ever that cut and dry. Babies that are born addicted to drugs, families with a history of severe alcoholism, etc. etc. This kinda stuff plays just as much of a role as not having enough willpower to pull a Nancy Reagan and Just Say No. It's not that easy, at least for some. Is it a disease that you can contract like HIV? No. Does heredity have anything to do with it? You bet. I have no idea what is or is not Kennedy's situation, and to be blunt I really don't care. There are people out there that are in need of help a lot more than Kennedy or Limbaugh for that matter (who is the King of the Hypocrits, I might add when it comes to this subject) but not all addictions are easily breakable and founded upon a person's choice to abuse a substance. John Daly got drunk with his estranged father when he was 7 years old. His liver is shot, his body craves alcohol and his mind is fighting these demons on a daily basis. Was that a choice that he made? To be a drunk? Or was he playing with a stacked deck before he reached the age to even make that choice?
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/