TW 2003 PC - Crashes After Splash SCreen

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JackB
Mario Mendoza

Post by JackB »

Anyone else have this problem? The EA web site says it´s a "safedisk" issue with the CD Rom. I do have an official store bought copy and it was running fine for a month and all of a sudden this happens? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but same thing. The opening splsh screen comes up....the CD Rom light blinks for a minute, then the hard drive light blinks for about 5 seconds, then it dies. If I Cont-Alt-Del, it says "not repsonding". Can anyone help?
JackB

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Jack, I posted a reply to this question over at Sports Reviewers, but I´ll reiterate here. Try using the /NOINTRO switch and see if that helps you.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Microsoft recently released a patch to fix game crashes to desktop while playing the opening video or splash screen. Look for Windows XP Patch Q327979.
<BR>
<BR>

JackB
Mario Mendoza

Post by JackB »

thanks but I am using Win98.....not XP. Also,
<BR>I tried the NOINTRO switch and that had no impact, as the game never gets as far as the intro movie.
JackB

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Strange stuff Jack... I saw that you now have Tim Scott helping you with this, you may get an answer from him, or his resources. It´s outta my sphere of experience at this point.