WE7 - PES3 (Who´s Playing?)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

RiverRat
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by RiverRat »

Who here on this board is playing some incarnation of this game? I have some questions I´d like to ask in anticipation of the U.S. release, but don´t want to waste people´s time if nobody is playing it.
<BR>
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>RR
Now Playing: NCAA Football 2004, ESPN College Hoops ... Go MIZZOU!

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

It´s about all I´ve been playing the last month. (PES3 PC)
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I´m pissed...a few minutes ago, I(Man City) had a 2-0 lead against Benfica in the 80th minute.
<BR>
<BR>Their pressure forced a giveaway deep in my end and they made it 2-1.
<BR>
<BR>Then my defense was playing as if they had cement in their shoes, throw in siome fancy dribbling and Benfica equalized in the 87th.
<BR>
<BR>I´m now cussing out loud at my team....
<BR>
<BR>Needless to say I have it (PC version) and am in love at the game...even though i get so infuriated with it at times....I need to learn how to finish games.
<BR>
<BR>

snate
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snate »

PES 3 - PC
<BR>
<BR>
"They are using a new ball this year. It's livelier and that means more hitting, and more hitting means longer games, and that's the devil. It appears to be impossible to finish a game in less than two hours." - Ring Lardner 1911

RiverRat
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by RiverRat »

Great … so if I may? I have an electronic copy of the manual but there are things I don’t understand, related to Master League.
<BR>
<BR>1. I assume you can still edit the fake player names. Yes?
<BR>
<BR>2. I assume you can edit the fake team names and flags also (without a patch), but if so, will the commentary say the edited names correctly like WE6:I?
<BR>
<BR>3. In Master League, there is one D2 of eight teams and four D1 leagues of 14 teams apiece. Yes?
<BR>
<BR>4. How does promotion/relegation work. I assume the top 2 teams from D2 go to the promotion playoffs, but who comes down from the D1 leagues? Does each of the four leagues send the bottom two in each league, or are there just two teams in total that come down? In other words, how many teams are in the promotion/relegation playoffs and how do they get there, and what do you have to do to get promoted or avoid relegation? And once you get promoted, you pick the league you want to be in. Correct?
<BR>
<BR>5. Each league has its own “domestic” cup, in addition to the Masters Cup and the Championships, correct?
<BR>
<BR>6. Who qualifies for the Masters Cup?
<BR>
<BR>7. Finally, in WE6 it was easy to build a team because all players that were on a ML team roster were free transfers. I’ve heard that in WE7/PES3, this is no longer true. Are there any free transfers now, or do you have to pay bonuses for any player in the game?
<BR>
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>RR
<BR>

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

1. I assume you can still edit the fake player names. Yes?
<BR>
<BR>Yes, they can be edited just like WE6.
<BR>
<BR>2. I assume you can edit the fake team names and flags also (without a patch), but if so, will the commentary say the edited names correctly like WE6:I?
<BR>
<BR>Flags and team names can be edited like WE6 as well, although I strongly recommend installing a patch if you can. You can change the commentary names for teams, but only to location names, like Arsenal will be called North London and whatnot, as the teams themselves aren´t licensed.
<BR>
<BR>3. In Master League, there is one D2 of eight teams and four D1 leagues of 14 teams apiece. Yes?
<BR>
<BR>Yes.
<BR>
<BR>4. How does promotion/relegation work. I assume the top 2 teams from D2 go to the promotion playoffs, but who comes down from the D1 leagues? Does each of the four leagues send the bottom two in each league, or are there just two teams in total that come down? In other words, how many teams are in the promotion/relegation playoffs and how do they get there, and what do you have to do to get promoted or avoid relegation? And once you get promoted, you pick the league you want to be in. Correct?
<BR>
<BR>When you start a ML team, you choose what division you will play in at the very beginning. As far as I can tell, all promotion and relegation takes place from that division. So, if you choose southern division at the start, the bottom two teams from the southern division are the ones that are eligible for relegation, and they will be who you play in the playoffs. Someone please correct me if this is wrong.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>5. Each league has its own “domestic” cup, in addition to the Masters Cup and the Championships, correct?
<BR>
<BR>I believe so. In a season, there is the division one cup (which I believe is only for the teams in your division--have to double-check), WEFA cup (Champions league), and a master´s cup.
<BR>
<BR>6. Who qualifies for the Masters Cup?
<BR>
<BR>Haven´t gotten that far yet, so I don´t know.
<BR>
<BR>7. Finally, in WE6 it was easy to build a team because all players that were on a ML team roster were free transfers. I’ve heard that in WE7/PES3, this is no longer true. Are there any free transfers now, or do you have to pay bonuses for any player in the game?
<BR>
<BR>The transfer system has been redone. Now you basically have to buy all players, as free transfers are only available to players whose contracts expire at the end of a season. This is somewhat counteracted by the option to propose trade transfers, thus subtracting the worth of your outgoing player from the total you have to pay for the transfer. The thing is, because MLS players are not on a team in the game, you can´t do a trade transfer for them, and because they are not under contract, no contract can expire for them to become free in the offseason, thus now you can only get MLS players by buying them at full price.

RiverRat
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by RiverRat »

Thanks a bunch Naples! I think I understand the transfer system stuff.
<BR>
<BR>One follow up, if I may?
<BR>
<BR>You said "You can change the commentary names for teams, but only to location names, like Arsenal will be called North London and whatnot, as the teams themselves aren´t licensed." In WE6:I, I could take Arsenal and give them one of maybe 200 different location names, many of which weren´t actually teams in the game, like Cardiff, Aberdeen, Dover, etc.
<BR>
<BR>Can I do this in PES 3 also, or would I be stuck with North London?
<BR>
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>RR

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Yeah, there is a list of call names that you can choose from--like for Man U I chose "Manchester" and for Man City you can choose "City", but I didn´t feel like the list was exhaustive and included everything you would want.

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mobiggins »

Me play Winning Eleven7 too.

RiverRat
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by RiverRat »

One more question if I may?
<BR>
<BR>When you edit the team name to the right name (changing Yorkshire to Leeds, for example), does the in-game commentary say Leeds also, or would it still say Yorkshire?
<BR>
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>RR

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Let me clarify about editing the team names. When you edit club info you can change the 3 letter abbreviation to whatever you want, change the text of the team name to whatever you want, and then there is a third category which is the announcer call names. It is for this third category where you will see a list of locations/cities that the announcer will say during the game, instead of the original Yorkshire or whatever.

RiverRat
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by RiverRat »

Thanks guys.
<BR>
<BR>I´ll stop bugging you now.