Using a Ps2 controller to play WE on Xbox

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Using a Ps2 controller to play WE on Xbox

Post by fanatic »

I haven´t tried it out yet, but I´m assuming it´s a bit easier to pull off some of the advanced moves in this game. In particular, I find it hard to reach the black button when trying to fight for position...

I've seen an ad for the adapter, but not sure how easily available it is.

Anyone have impressions on using this setup? I would really love to try it out for WE9.

Thanks guys..

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Get the Dreambox converter from www.lik-sang.com and you won't be sorry. Try and use it with a PSOne Dual Shock if you can. If not, make sure you press the ANALOG button on your PS2 Dual Shock as soon as turn on the Xbox. This will help prevent any button lag.

The BLACK button on the Xbox pad is hopeless for Winning Eleven since to position yourself for volleys you need to hold it and press shoot at the same time. And unless you have two thumbs on your right hand, that's pretty much impossible.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?catego ... ts_id=1860&

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mobiggins »

Just get an Afterglow xbox controller. It's got the black and white buttons positioned where the ps2's r1/L1 buttons would be. Makes things much much easier. And it's cheap.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Or wait to play WE 9 Intl on the 360. :)

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Thanks for the ideas guys....That black button was causing me fits in WE...more so than in other sports titles.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Bought a dreambox converter (delivered in less than a week surprisingly) and also picked up a used ps1 controller from EB.

While the converter is amazing, the pre-owned controller probably wasn't the best idea...The analogue sticks seem to be a little loose. Is this common with ps1,ps2 controllers? If they don't have new ps1 pads left, I'll probably just splurge for the new ps2 one.

I also gotta say, that while it will take me a while to get used to the feeling of the controller, having the special moves on the trigger is great. I'm able to win far more battles for the ball and more. I also find that the position on the analogue stick is in a more favorable (and lower) position, which leads to better ballhandling skills.

Feanor- will the button lag be completely gone if I press analogue when the xbox boots up using a ps2 controller? Seems like a better choice right now for me rather than picking up another used ps1 pad.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I can't say for sure since I've only used my Dreambox with a PS1 pad, but from what I've read most people use the Dreambox with a PS2 pad without complaints. Might be worth hunting round games stores for a PS1 pad in good condition though, since that should be a lot cheaper than a brand new PS2 pad.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I have a converter but not sure of the name, but the only thing that I don't like about it is that the black/white buttons on xbox translate into the r2/l2 buttons on the ps2 controller. I'd rather have it map to r1/l1. Do all the converters do this or are there exceptions?

Other than that, the converter is great. No lag issues between button press and action on the Xbox.

By the way, which console version of we8 played better?

edit : here what I got off ebay (for 1cent), still works great:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CONVERTER-FOR-PS2-T ... dZViewItem

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Unfortunately, my switch from the ps1 controller (which was pre-owned and I took back because the analogue sticks were too loose) to a ps2 pad has backfired on me.

There is severe lag on "analogue" mode and even when I turn it on right when the xbox powers up, the lag on the shoulder buttons is unbearable. Not even sure if I can return this controller now...Any suggestions?

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, I don't know any trick to making the Dreambox work right with a PS2 controller other than pressing the ANALOG button as soon as the Xbox is turned on.

Best way to test for shoulder button lag is to try pressing them on the Team Select screen.