360 Still Looking

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Zeppo wrote:The mis-information out there is astounding.

I did a little running around this morning. The guy at the Target said to me "We're not getting any until after Valentines Day. They've been recalled."

"What?" I said. "Yep, even people who have them now have to send them back, they've been recalled."
I heard that rumor too, that a Target employee was saying it was recalled and they wouldn't ship in quantity until Feb. There are reports of overheating and crashes so those probably led to this talk about a recall.

Must be urban legend.

The official word is that they planned to have weekly replenishments.

Of course, there's the conspiracy theory that they purposely contrived shortages to ramp up hysteria.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Supposedly someone on the IGN boards was able to score one today at a Target in Minnesota. I called my local Target and they still had no clue.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I hit 3 Targets and one Best Buy. No luck. I officially give up. There is no way I am going to take my lunchtime to do this again during Christmas shopping season.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Hellbent is selling his in the Buy/Sell thread if anyone is interested.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Fshguy
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Fshguy »

mixdj1 wrote:
Slumberland wrote:I hate just having to keep checking stores. From here on in, Im pre-ordering everything, even if I don't want it. Barbie's Horse Adventures 2? Pre-ordered.
The sad thing is I was number two on the pre-order list at my local E.B. but then I upgraded my computer this summer and cancelled my pre-order. I definitely wish I could undo that.

I'm also getting tired of calling and stopping in stores to check. I've got a few online stores bookmarked and I'll still check them but no more messing with brick and mortar unless I hear from someone that they're in stock. I'll just keep playing my old black box until then.
I feel obligated to remind you that you had one in your "shopping basket" a couple days before release...

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Ouch...that's a low blow fshguy.

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Fshguy wrote:I feel obligated to remind you that you had one in your "shopping basket" a couple days before release...
Yeah, I'm kicking myself for that one. At the time I thought I would be able to find one locally. Big mistake. :oops:

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

This is madness. I don't know what to believe. I just talked to a guy at J&R and he told me not until March! I said, "no way!" He said, "Way!"

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Checked at Sam's, Costco, Sears, Toys r us, Compusa, Wallmart and Kmart.

No go. :x

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Just the latest chapter in a strange launch...

If you're trying to gain marketshare by launching first, you better be damn sure you can actually get enough units into the retail stream to make a difference.

How many people are going to be frustrated by this and decide to wait to see what Sony or Nintendo will do? MS should have gone with a more traditional launch and picked one region instead of doing a half-*ssed world-wide release.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Dave wrote: How many people are going to be frustrated by this and decide to wait to see what Sony or Nintendo will do? MS should have gone with a more traditional launch and picked one region instead of doing a half-*ssed world-wide release.
I don't think MS is really worried about that.

I myself I'm frustrated that I can't find one. But that doesn't mean I wont buy one as soon as I can get my hands on one.

Plus, it appears both Sony's and Nintendo's offerings aren't excactly around the corner.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:
Dave wrote: How many people are going to be frustrated by this and decide to wait to see what Sony or Nintendo will do? MS should have gone with a more traditional launch and picked one region instead of doing a half-*ssed world-wide release.

I myself I'm frustrated that I can't find one. But that doesn't mean I wont buy one as soon as I can get my hands on one.
Exactly. They have 5 years to sell these things, they'll get their sales. Plus, judging by this community, far, far fewer than 50% of those who wanted one were unable to score one.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

The good news for me is that by the time I do get a 360 I will be able to get games on the cheap. Half.com had a few copies of Madden for around 42 yesterday - those sold and the listing starts at 49 today. In a month I can probably get Madden/NBA 2K for 20-30 bucks less than retail. And there is no way I am paying more than retail for a 360. Not with all the games I have to play on the old xbox.

Bakes
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Bakes »

Jcpenny of all places is selling bundles. They've been sold out of their premium bundle (i think this was mentioned here) but their website still lists a core bundle in stock. It's $599.99 though and I'm not sure what it comes with because the listing is so vague. Couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on it but if you are willing to risk it..

http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.a ... g_item.y=7

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Bakes wrote:Jcpenny of all places is selling bundles. They've been sold out of their premium bundle (i think this was mentioned here) but their website still lists a core bundle in stock. It's $599.99 though and I'm not sure what it comes with because the listing is so vague. Couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on it but if you are willing to risk it..

won't add to the shopping cart.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Sudz wrote:
Bakes wrote:Jcpenny of all places is selling bundles. They've been sold out of their premium bundle (i think this was mentioned here) but their website still lists a core bundle in stock. It's $599.99 though and I'm not sure what it comes with because the listing is so vague. Couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on it but if you are willing to risk it..

won't add to the shopping cart.
I got it to add to cart and it gives this message "Item will ship directly to you from the supplier in 2 week(s)"

Bakes
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Bakes »

I tried calling but the lady I talked to unfortunately had less than no idea what she was talking about. She couldn't even tell me what was in the bundle besides the console.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well I checked 15 stores today no luck. Had the office X-mas party, everyone got a 360 game and was told to find your own and we will pay for it.

So now I have Madden sitting here and no system, going the Ebay route is out, because my company is paying the price, so why go over it. I'll try all the stores again tomorrow and see what the deal is.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Zeppo wrote:
jLp vAkEr0 wrote:

Exactly. They have 5 years to sell these things, they'll get their sales. Plus, judging by this community, far, far fewer than 50% of those who wanted one were unable to score one.
It's all about creating word of mouth hype. MS wouldn't be working toward their long term goal of overtaking Sony in the console wars if they had a bunch of $399 consoles sitting around in every Target in Wal Mart across the country. Create the shortage, get everyone in the country talking about the shortage/thinking they have to have one, and you're well on your way to pulling in some of the market that the Dreamcast was never able to grab.