College FB talk (Week 12) Rivalry Week plus 'The Game'

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Danileson and Musberger just straight up lied....What a couple of dorks.
There is no shame in broadcasting.

Dont they know its TV and we can actually see the replay?
What up with that?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Musbereger is a f***in idiot... :lol:

They called the TO in time he says.... :lol:

Thats why they blew the whistle moron...

Retire...Now!

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Wow Vandy beats Tennessee. Fat Phill is in big trouble now.

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

Ohio St. vs. Michigan- what a game!

red

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

The Michigan OSU game.
I as glad to see OSU win.
The coward should always lose.
Carrs pooch punt with 4th and 4 at OSUs 34 was a cowardly act.

The percentage play was TO GO FOR IT!....you take 20 yds of field position instead of a shot at a very make able 1st down?...Thats just wrong and weak.

I will take My satisfaction that the wuss lost.
The coward should always pay .

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

For those who missed the game this is how close it was. There really was not a good angle and he stretched the ball when he appeared down but could have been laying on a player.

Anyway they say it is a game of inches. This one proved that to be the case in more then one instance.

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

I didn't think he got in. OU got robbed IMO.

red

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

It's not a well known rivalry game, but I was happy to watch Iowa destroy Minnesota and keep Floyd of Rosedale here for another year. If the Big Ten can get both Ohio State and Penn State into BCS games, Iowa has a shot at playing in their fourth straight New Year's day bowl game. If not, it looks like another trip to the Alamo Bowl, and a possible matchup with BD's Sooners.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Of course I talk about Miami's offense and they go out and stink up the place in the first half. Still up 10-7 though...and the last drive was simply beautiful. Hopefully the D keeps it up in the 2nd half.

That Calvin Johnson is legit...wow. He really is the best WR in the nation.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

dbdynsty25 wrote:That Calvin Johnson is legit...wow. He really is the best WR in the nation.
No kidding, did you hear the quote the announcers got from Gailey? They claim he stated Johnson is the best WR he has EVER coached.

CincyKid
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by CincyKid »

GO BUCKEYES !!!!!!!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

...and Auburn embarrasses the living snot out of Bama. Boy, what a romp. WAR EAGLE! I've bought myself a shirt to wear for my parishoners tomorrow.

It says "CHOKE. The official drink of Alabama football."

I may lose my job tomorrow... :wink:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

This is not looking good. GT is outplaying the Canes all over the field. It's not helping that the Canes are just killing themselves with penalties. The two interceptions that were taken away because of garbage PI calls have been deadly.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

With his accurate, strong-armed passing and dancing in the pocket today, I could have sworn Ohio State's Troy Smith was Donovan McNabb as a Syracuse senior channeled on the field at the Big House.

Seriously, some of the stuff Smith did, especially on that final drive, reminded me of vintage McNabb at SU.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

F*ck. That sucks.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

I watched that OU-TTU game and I swear TTU got every call late, even that TD that was taken back on the juggled call was originally called a td. But OU had chances such as that missed interception, but you knew the way TTU was moving the ball, they had to eventually had to win the game.
gamertag: ddtrane65

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Only college football can have a tie for a conference championship when there was a winner head-to-head. WTF?

Penn State is really dominating the Big Ten this year. They just won their 5th title in fall sports and the old record was 3. In those 5 sports the only loss was Penn State's last second football loss at Michigan.

I really hope Florida State can win the ACC. Paterno vs. Bowden would be cool.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Leebo33 wrote:Only college football can have a tie for a conference championship when there was a winner head-to-head. WTF?

Penn State is really dominating the Big Ten this year. They just won their 5th title in fall sports and the old record was 3. In those 5 sports the only loss was Penn State's last second football loss at Michigan.

I really hope Florida State can win the ACC. Paterno vs. Bowden would be cool.
Bowdens gonna have his hands full with Beamer/Vick in the ACC championship game.
gamertag: ddtrane65

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

Don't ask me what I'm doing up at 2 in the morning,but this USC-Fresno game is getting interesting. Fresno comes back to lead 42-41,with 9 minutes to play :!:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Reggie Bush is ridiculous...but holy crap, hold on to the ball bro.

Hellova game going on tonight, that's for sure...even though I should swear off football after the Hurricanes disappointing effort tonight.

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

Congrats Buckeye fans. Now you know how Wolverine fans felt in the 90's. God I miss John Cooper!

Troy Smith is a monster. Michigan's defense played as well as they could. They had to play zone because they couldn't match up man to man and it worked until the 4th qtr.

Henne played well against a great defense that shut down the running game and knew he had to pass. The only play I would like to have back was the 4th and 4 punt on Michigans last real drive. I would have went for that and tried to keep the ball out of Smith's hands. Oh well, maybe next year.

Here's to hoping the Big Ten does well this Bowl season!!!

Man I hope Michigan gets to play BC.
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." Jackie Robinson

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Just got back from the Maryland game, and BC turns the ball over 4 times and still won the game by 2 touchdowns.

THE GAME was a classic just like usual between Harvard and Yale. Harvard won THE Game in the third ot to win the first overtime in the history of the series. :D

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

snaz16 wrote:Don't ask me what I'm doing up at 2 in the morning,but this USC-Fresno game is getting interesting. Fresno comes back to lead 42-41,with 9 minutes to play :!:
I did not get to watch the game because of work but damn that one sounded like a blast to watch. 513 all-purpose yards by Bush, that is simply amazing. Just give the guy the Heisman. Of course Texas is now licking their chops at the thought of USC's defense giving up 42 points.

Oh and

:lol: Boy that Hurricane offense was really on fire amassing 10 whole points at home to GT. Sorry DB but you jinxed em.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

They got outplayed...what can ya do? GT outschemed, outhustled and outplayed em. It happens.

billharris44
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by billharris44 »

Even being as much of a Texas Tech football fan as I am, I have to admit that they really got over against OU. Those were two absolutely horrible calls. Officiating in the Big 12 in general is, by far, the worst in the country for a conference of that quality, and they also seem to have the most ineffective, erratic use of replay.

It will be nice to see them play in the Cotton Bowl, though. :D