Got to spend some "quality time" with the 360...

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

jondiehl

You might want to delete that image. Scoop (the mod) works or has worked with these kids and it is in EXTREMELY poor taste.

Imagine if that was your son and you saw him being portrayed like that.
Last edited by bdoughty on Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

bdoughty wrote:jondiehl

You might want to delete that image. Scoop (the mod) works or has worked with these kids and it is in EXTREMELY poor taste.
Man, you're old and slow (and no, that is not a shot at the mentaly handicapped).
Last edited by dbdynsty25 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manual-lewis
Mario Mendoza

Post by Manual-lewis »

dbdynsty25 wrote:You might want to take that down Jon...there are some people here that will be very offended and one just happens to be a Mod.
particularly Pk

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

**edit**
Last edited by Boom on Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
bdoughty wrote:jondiehl

Man, you're old and slow.
Yea well it is hard to juggle posting and watching football at the same time. ;)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Manual-lewis wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:You might want to take that down Jon...there are some people here that will be very offended and one just happens to be a Mod.
particularly Pk
Wrong. Next.

Manual-lewis
Mario Mendoza

Post by Manual-lewis »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Manual-lewis wrote:
particularly Pk
Wrong. Next.
So fast to join the lynch mob with your torch you made a fool of yourself, huh?...LMAO

Guess that kills the notion of the holy-er than Thou atmosphere you clowns were selling.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Manual-lewis wrote: So fast to join the lynch mob with your torch you made a fool of yourself, huh?...LMAO

Guess that kills the notion of the holy-er than Thou atmosphere you clowns were selling.
Scoop needs to bust his ban cherry and this guy looks like the perfect subject.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Manual-lewis wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Manual-lewis wrote: particularly Pk
Wrong. Next.
So fast to join the lynch mob with your torch you made a fool of yourself, huh?...LMAO

And how exactly did I make a fool of myself again?

reeche
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by reeche »

Manual-lewis wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Manual-lewis wrote: particularly Pk
Wrong. Next.

Yep. Officially crossed over into jack-ass territory. Must be a kid. Ban coming in 5.4.3....
http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=49293&catId=49
---Lend a ***** a pencil--- Context?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Manual-lewis wrote:The funny thing is hiding behind a CPU and acting important because ya got 11k posts is a far greater than saying the same thing to someones face and thats pretty much my motto...If I wouldn't say it to your face..I wouldn't say it in a forum...
Trust me, Ace, if you knew me in person as some do in here, I would say it to your face, word for word.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Manual-lewis wrote:
particularly Pk
Wrong again, Ace. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

Manual-lewis wrote:
pk500 wrote:
Manual-lewis wrote:You know I was gonna say something profound but I decided not to...I kinda feel like the best thing to do is let you know..I don't give a rats azz about how you feel and what you think your STATUS is on this little forum...STFU..meanwhile I'll continue to enjoy my free speach until otherwise stripped of that priviledge. Peace :mrgreen:
I'm holding my breath for a profound statement, because I haven't seen one yet.

Keep it up: You'll be stripped faster than Terry Metcalf carrying the ball like a bread basket for the Cardinals in the mid-70s. Doubt you're old enough to catch on to that metaphor, anyways.

All I'm saying is that if you have something substantive to contribute, feel free. Otherwise, don't waste the bandwidth. And saying IGN's reviews suck isn't exactly a news flash around here, Ace.

Here's a suggestion. Take this and dip it on your fingertips:

Why? Because it's pretty clear through your first 11 posts that you have diarrhea of the fingertips, and I'm trying to help you find relief.

Take care,
PK
You dudes with 1 trillion posts and no life kill me acting as that really means anything...I don't give a f*** about anything you say and I will type anything I want until otherwise stripped of that privlege.

The funny thing is hiding behind a CPU and acting important because ya got 11k posts is a far greater than saying the same thing to someones face and thats pretty much my motto...If I wouldn't say it to your face..I wouldn't say it in a forum...Hopefully I have made myself perfectly clear...Thats why I had no desire or intention to address you but I'm sorry to have peed on your territory and caught your attention...Now you can try and show out for your minions and I'm sure the usual suspects wilkl be hear to hug your nutz on this one but I'm really not caring one bit. I'll keep typing until that fateful moment that I lose the privilege to dialogue with the cream of the gaming world crop

Oh..BTW..STFU :lol:

Nothing like some good ole Lynch Mob hating as a community to remind you how tight you are as a premiere gaming community

Whether you have one post or 1 million, the basic principle of this board is intelligent discussion, lively debate, and (often) good-natured, sometimes nasty ribbing. Take your lumps for your obvious comments and move along.

PS> You fell victim to one of the most famous blunders.

First, NEVER get involved in a LAND war in Asia.

The second, and only slightly less well-known.

NEVER GO IN AGAINST PK WHEN (FORUM) DEATH IS ON THE LINE!
Last edited by Sport73 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Manual,

I was going to give you a warning...but your attitude isn't one that I think will change with time. So you're getting an extended time out (that is, a ban). If you want reinstatement, feel free to present your case at editor@digitalsportspage.com.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Inuyasha wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Thank you for reassuring my feelings that I'm making the right decision on passing on buying the 360 at launch.
Nobody cares about you trying to justify your non-purchase!! :lol:

I got to try out madden too and wasn't impressed with the gameplay. The graphics are great, but the overall game felt like they needed a few more months to complete it.
Well, I more than anyone has gone back and forth on purchasing the 360, not purchasing the 360. I've finally have come to the decision that there just aren't enough games that I'm interested in at launch. The ones that do remotely interest me have gotten rather luke warm reviews. In addition, those games are $60. That's a heck of a lot of money to be taking a chance on liking.

While I had an enjoyable time with COD2, first person shooters and war time games simply do not appeal to me after a week or two of playing them.

When a game like CH for the Xbox excites me more than say a game like PGR3 that looks amazing, I know I'm making the right decision. All that said, I'm very much looking forward to reading DSP impressions on the 360 games.

Toper
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Toper »

Jared wrote:Manual,

I was going to give you a warning...but your attitude isn't one that I think will change with time. So you're getting an extended time out (that is, a ban). If you want reinstatement, feel free to present your case at editor@digitalsportspage.com.

I say good riddance...say hi to parker and kaz on your way out, webster.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Toper wrote:I say good riddance...say hi to parker and kaz on your way out, webster.

reeche
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by reeche »

Toper wrote:
Jared wrote:Manual,

I say good riddance...say hi to parker and kaz on your way out, webster.
Kazuya I liked.....I never understood what happened there but then I don't follow some of the minor wars that tend to go on.
http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=49293&catId=49
---Lend a ***** a pencil--- Context?

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Wow, miss a little miss a lot. I'm glad I didn't see whatever it is that would have offended me. I think I have a general idea but the visual is always far more offensive. Thanks db and brent for bringing that up.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Thank you for reassuring my feelings that I'm making the right decision on passing on buying the 360 at launch.
Nobody cares about you trying to justify your non-purchase!! :lol:

I got to try out madden too and wasn't impressed with the gameplay. The graphics are great, but the overall game felt like they needed a few more months to complete it.
Well, I more than anyone has gone back and forth on purchasing the 360, not purchasing the 360. I've finally have come to the decision that there just aren't enough games that I'm interested in at launch. The ones that do remotely interest me have gotten rather luke warm reviews. In addition, those games are $60. That's a heck of a lot of money to be taking a chance on liking.

While I had an enjoyable time with COD2, first person shooters and war time games simply do not appeal to me after a week or two of playing them.

When a game like CH for the Xbox excites me more than say a game like PGR3 that looks amazing, I know I'm making the right decision. All that said, I'm very much looking forward to reading DSP impressions on the 360 games.
I agree 100%, must be the St. Louis connection. Nothing has been reviewed as an absolute must buy, omg have to have game for the 360. I'm not willing to lay down all that cash plus $60 per title.

For now, a new video card at $175 and some games I've really been wanting to play for the PC will suffice until I hear the DSP masses wowed by the 360 and its games.

I really look foward to impressions by those I consider same type gamers as I.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I guess I'm different than most. I'm happy if I get decent games...they don't have to completely wow me. I know that if I buy now, I'll have the latest and greatest just in case something ridiculously good comes out (I do expect PGR3 to wow though). I know that I'm covered for the next 4 years when the games really are showing what the next gen can do. I don't know...I guess I just have lower expectations than most...that way when something knocks me over, I'm really happy about it.

CincyKid
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by CincyKid »

only one camera for madden or did i misunderstand that ?

boy that would be very disapointing to me as i have always played my football games with an overhead view of some sort i cant stand not seeing sideline to sideline from pre snap till the ball is downed :?

Toper
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Toper »

CincyKid wrote:only one camera for madden or did i misunderstand that ?

boy that would be very disapointing to me as i have always played my football games with an overhead view of some sort i cant stand not seeing sideline to sideline from pre snap till the ball is downed :?
Yes Cin, only one camera...the actual camera during gameplay is nice (I'm a classic cam guy), but the pre-snap cam is too close and low for my tastes.

Toper

CincyKid
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by CincyKid »

oh well i will roll with it

get to see for myself in 72 hours give or take :D :wink:

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

I'm with DB on this one (but I promise not to let that happen again)...

On Monday night, I'll have the latest and greatest pixel pushing box available, and a few games that are entertaining and provide a few wows. A graphically impressive Madden with gameplay similar to current gen sounds pretty good to me, plus COD2 looks like a lot of fun.

I've played PGR3 at the kiosk, and it's stunning, especially from the IN CAR views. I think once the online aspects of PGR3 get discussed on this board, and the IN CAR views showcased, many of the DSP holdouts will be on the 360 bandwagon.

I can add NBA2k6 and NHL2k6, both of which may fail to scream next-gen, but certainly appear equal to the current gen options.

My library for my original XBox had wilted to only Madden, NHL2k6, WPT Poker, and MotoGP3. I figure a line up of Madden, COD2, PGR3, and NHL2k6 PLUS the extras of the 360 easily justifies the purchase.
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"