College Hoops 2K6 Impressions thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

MUTTS wrote:Like Bdoughty this is my last videogaming purchase until baseball in the spring. I only enjoy sports games--try to get into other genres but fail miserably.

By the way Bdoughty....I'm trying to hold off on the 360 until either baseball season or the next version of ncaa football.....its nice to know I have a partner.....kind of like AA if you will.

Tony
Please feel free to call me BD.

Football and especially college games are the reason I usually upgrade to a new system. I have not seen anything that would make me want to shell out $59.99 for a crippled Madden game. In the long run our pocket books will be happier that we wait. We might even get lucky and see the price drop on it. Plenty of games to keep us busy until NCAA 2007.

If I need to get a fix I can run play Madden or other sports games on the kiosk at EB.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

http://www.2ksports.com/_img/videos/cho ... 20x240.wmv

Yea a video... Bill Raftery for the win!!! Onions

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Very very nice. I'm liking what I see. Guess I'll hang on to the Xbox for a little longer. Sure wish I knew whether or not this game could be played on the 360.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:Very very nice. I'm liking what I see. Guess I'll hang on to the Xbox for a little longer. Sure wish I knew whether or not this game could be played on the 360.
Arent they doing a 360 version, not sure why they would make the Xbox one backwards compatible then,
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Isn't Bonnie Bernstein the one who muttered "I've got 2 dicks" once while doing an interview during a Bears game?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Toper
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Toper »

Just heard this was delayed till 11/22!?!?!? Talk about a buzz kill...don't even know if I'll pick it up anymore with the 360 and 2k6 coming out at the same time. :cry:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah, BD mentioned that yesterday in this thread. It is pretty stupid to release on the same day the damn 360 comes out. It really cuts into NCAA sales I'm sure.

Toper
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Toper »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Yeah, BD mentioned that yesterday in this thread. It is pretty stupid to release on the same day the damn 360 comes out. It really cuts into NCAA sales I'm sure.

I'm still gonna cross my fingers for backwards compatibility.

Honestly though, I remember after I got a launch PS2 I had ZERO desire to play the PS1 games I still owned...looks like I'll know in 2 weeks.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Rankings J-K

http://sports.ign.com/articles/665/665596p1.html

Ouch. KU doesn't have a player rated higher than 80. I suppose it's well deserved since they're so young.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Jebus the guys at 2ksports are dense when it comes to advertising. I mean for cripes sake the Xbox is still the biggest market and base for their product. Screw all the 360 footage, give me some ****** videos and details of CH 2K6 dag freaking nabbit. I would not be shocked to see this one get delayed even farther.

But weeee... Look ma, we can now announce our new Olympic Game. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Olympic games (summer and winter) have been for the most part utter crap since the greatness that was T&F on the NES and with this one expected out in January I see no change

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/tor ... id=6139924

Wow impressive screen shot there Maynord.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

A bunch of screens from OS

http://previews.operationsports.com/gam ... ops2k6xbox

The college version has the defensive stance back (L Trigger) according to the screens which thrills me to no end.

Can someone ask Steve if the Drive camera is in the game? Man that would be great if it is.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

EB and Gamestop have the PS2 pushed back to the 29th now. Hopefully the Xbox version will not follow suit. This is my last purchase of the year and it can't get here fast enough.

Steve_OS
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Steve_OS »

bdoughty wrote:Can someone ask Steve if the Drive camera is in the game? Man that would be great if it is.
Yes, the Drive camera is in the game. Wow... I'm TOTALLY in love with this game so far. Selection Sunday and the Season Preview are unbelievably well done. Screenshots coming up later this morning.
Last edited by Steve_OS on Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

redneck
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by redneck »

How's the late game AI? Particularly the fouling.

Also, what game has the best late game AI- MM or CH? Thanks.

red

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

As crazy as it sounds, I think I'm going to purchase the 360 by itself on launch along with CH for the Xbox. Then, I'll just gamerang the 360 games.

CH can't get here soon enough.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Steve_OS wrote:
bdoughty wrote:Can someone ask Steve if the Drive camera is in the game? Man that would be great if it is.
Yes, the Drive camera is in the game. Wow... I'm TOTALLY in love with this game so far. Selection Sunday and the Season Preview are unbelievably well done. Screenshots coming up later this morning.
You da man. I am sooo hyped for this bad boy.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

These screens look great. Can't wait to experiece selection Sunday as its more detailed than I would have ever imagined.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Steve has 2 videos up.
http://previews.operationsports.com/pre ... ops2k6xbox

Apparently HE is the marketing team for VC since they have not given us squat. ;)

Thanks Steve-o

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

bdoughty wrote:Steve has 2 videos up.

Apparently HE is the marketing team for VC since they have not given us squat. ;)

Thanks Steve-o
Watched one out of two videos. Duke at Carolina. Excellent off the ball movement. The animations look smoother, the fast breaks better, and the low post is a big improvement. Obviously, the game speed needs to be toned down a bit, but overall I loved what I have seen thus far.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

sportdan30 wrote:
bdoughty wrote:Steve has 2 videos up.

Thanks Steve-o
Watched one out of two videos. Duke at Carolina. Excellent off the ball movement. The animations look smoother, the fast breaks better, and the low post is a big improvement. Obviously, the game speed needs to be toned down a bit, but overall I loved what I have seen thus far.
I don't see anything different between that and the NBA game
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Tim,

I was comparing CH 2k6 to CH 2k5. NBA 2K6 does in fact play great and I've had a lot of fun with it. However, I'd much rather play CH than NBA 2K6. For me, there's a ton more excitement and atmosphere in the college game.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Dont' have the link, but the XBox version has shipped. PS2 version ships a week later.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

If I can't get a 360, then this will be my console'ation' prize. If I do get a 360, then i will force myself to be patient and wait for the 360 version in January.