I want my Forza!!!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

tjung0831 wrote:Well I raced on Laguna and compared to Laguna on Toca2 it sure as hell didn't seem like the end all be all and it sure as hell didn't look as good. However that was just the demo so i'll let you cats decide how you like the final version. I did however pickup Mercenaries last night....all I can say is DAMN!
I dont think Most of us are thinking that at all , im more excited for a new fresh party game i can join in with.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Reports from people that have played the game are stellar. I think this game will be far from a flop.

marino
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by marino »

TCrouch wrote:Yeah the demo is like 8 month old code (if not older). That same demo was on OXM like 4 months ago.

I'm just worried that I'm jonesing for the game so badly, and so many other people are too, that it might fall flat on its face. I hope not, but TOCA 2's wonderful handling model will be tough to overcome.

GOD I hope people don't start jumping out of the windows to their death if the game doesn't measure up to all the hype it has received here.lol

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

James_E wrote:
TCrouch wrote:I have this feeling that Forza will be a letdown.
I'm a bit worried about that too. I think it will be a great game, but alot of us are expecting that same feeling we got when we first put in Gran Tourismo 1 for PS1. I don't think we'll get that rush again since we've played so many great racing games since then.

Forza sure has a lot of stuff off the racetrack that will be fun, like tuning etc., but it's on-the-track that really matters. We were all damn spoiled with Toca 2, which is a console racing masterpiece on the racetrack.

personally, i've no reservations Forza will surpass the original GT (ps1) in the 'rush' category. Yeah, it was *the* game back then. But, for me F355 (DC), LeMans (DC), and TOCA 2 were much more impressive benchmarks ('wow factor') for their time. If Forza can eclipse TOCA 2, i will be very satisfied.
Last edited by vinny-b on Wed May 04, 2005 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

marino wrote:GOD I hope people don't start jumping out of the windows to their death if the game doesn't measure up to all the hype it has received here.lol
Although if it means two less forza threads, I'm all for it.