OT - Astros shut out for 5th time in 20 games

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

So Cards fans...what's the bet tomorrow night? Hudson v. Mulder in the opener. We couldn't ask for a better pitching matchup.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:So Cards fans...what's the bet tomorrow night? Hudson v. Mulder in the opener. We couldn't ask for a better pitching matchup.
I know, this should be a classic. LaRussa rested some players today in preparation for this matchup tomorrow. (I know it was the lefties, but still Luna in RF?)

I start standby tomorrow for work, I just hope I don't get called out while the game is on. Of course, there's radio.

Cardinals win a close one 3-2.

Todd

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:So Cards fans...what's the bet tomorrow night? Hudson v. Mulder in the opener. We couldn't ask for a better pitching matchup.
Here's the bet. If Hudson and the Braves win, I'll stop posting forever on this forum. Wait a minute! Who am I kidding? How could I disappointment Bdoughty. Scratch that. I'll have to think of something else.

In all seriousness, I've been looking forward to this matchup all week. The baseball g-ds have done it again. I really have never had a chance to see Hudson pitch, and that goes for when he pitched for Oakland as well. I think it's going to be extra special for Cards fans because we really thought he was going to playing for the Redbirds this year. When that didn't happen, there was a lot of frusturation here in St. Louis. Then, without any reports or rumors, Jocketty lands Mulder. I love Mulder's demeanor. He's confident without sounding arrogant. We haven't really had that type of pitcher in St. Louis for a long long time.

If all goes as it should, it should be a low scoring game. 4-2 either way.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Then you have Clemens and Maddux.

Todd

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

MizzouRah wrote:Then you have Clemens and Maddux.

Todd
Hope Roger's bat is hot, otherwise....

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Except Maddux is on the way down (can't say the same for Clemens though). Huddy and Mulder are a little better than Mad Dog these days.

Jayhawker
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jayhawker »

Here's a nice article on Mulder and Hudson facing each other. Looks like it will be a fun game.

http://tinyurl.com/d8wk7

Jayhawker
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jayhawker »

sportdan30 wrote:
In all seriousness, I've been looking forward to this matchup all week. The baseball g-ds have done it again.
Come on, Dan. A REAL Cardinal fan wouldn't talk about the baseball gods! You should have written that "Ol' Abner Doubleday has done it again!" Then maybe mention that it's,"time for a frosty cold one."

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sf_z wrote:...and Randy Johnson vs. Roy Halladay. Six more Cy Young awards in that matchup than the Atl-Stl game.
I'll take Hudson and Mulder (2-0 .96 and 2-1 3.10) over Johnson and Halladay (2-1 3.96 and 3-1 3.92) so far this season. Even after both have given up 4 runs, their ERA's are still much better than the duo you mention.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

So much for the low scoring pitchers duel...LOL.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Yeah, started off like batting practice. Whew.. glad we won.

It's amazing how much BJ hurts us.

Todd

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Raaaaauuuuulllllll Mondesi...

Best million dollars John Scheurholz has ever spent. Win a few more like that and he's a bargain.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Now for some whining... did that ump suck or what? Where in the f did he get his MLB license to call balls and strikes? That's just pitiful.. both teams had a right to get pissed at that jackass.

That ball hitting Pujols turned that whole game around.

We'll take the rubber game today. :)

Todd

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah, I only caught the last few innings and it was bad from what I saw. You gotta face Smoltzie in the rubber game...should be a good one.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Yeah, I only caught the last few innings and it was bad from what I saw. You gotta face Smoltzie in the rubber game...should be a good one.
Yes indeed... Game on!!

Todd

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Another well pitched game. Another series victory for the Braves.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

DB, have to get your opinion on the new red unis.

They are, uh, bright at least.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Johnson & Halladay was a classic duel, old time fashion baseball, Jays won again, how about those Jays!!!!! 8)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Dave wrote:DB, have to get your opinion on the new red unis.

They are, uh, bright at least.
I liked them in theory (just seeing them on the internet)...until I went to the game in Atlanta where they introduced them...not a fan really. They definitely look better in person though...they look way too orange on TV for some reason.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I've always liked Smoltz, he's such a gamer.

The Braves definitly have the pitching to compete against the Phillies and the Mets this year. In fact with the Marlins pitching staff, that divison should be quite interesting this year.

Todd

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I liked the Twins wearing a red hat last year in theory as well. Just didn't work too well on TV or in person for some reason. Guess it is hard to get used to a bright red where they weren't the season before

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:I've always liked Smoltz, he's such a gamer.

Im with you ...

Even with Maddux and Glavine on the team....The guy who won in the playoffs was Smoltz....He was always the best MAN on the staff....He wont end up with the numbers of the other guys...but when the games counted the most he was the dude the Brave could count on the most.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

St. Louis fans have been awfully quiet lately...too bad your manager is a whiney b*tch.

From LaRussa:

"I praise the Atlanta Braves as much as anybody, but the only thing they're not to be respected for is how they (fuss) and moan about every freaking play," LaRussa told reporters. "It's so one-sided that, sooner or later, it's almost like a strategy.

"They beat the umpires down. It's really bull and beneath the class of the organization. It's a joke. There's no doubt in my mind. Maybe that's their strategy. It's not to be admired. It's not to be copied."

What a whiner...get your team ready to play and stop worrying about the other clubhouse.