Forza PAL impressions

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Forza PAL impressions

Post by Parker »

My copy should get here today....I can provide impressions tomorrow hopefully.
Boston 2004: The Region of Champs-
Patriots- Back to Back SB Champs
Red Sox- World Series Champs
Celtics: 2005 Atlantic Division Champs
BC Basketball- Big East Regular Season Champs

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

And we all know you'll find a way to say it's worse than Enthusia, regardless of whether that's true or not, and I'm certainly not ruling out that it very well might be true.

But I'm eager to see your contrarian view to the Forza hype on this board. What else should we expect? Any departure from your usual schtick would be shocking ...

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

Well I will be paying attention to the realism factor as I usually do, but do you really think my impressions of games in the past have been overly negative? I always try to point out the positive aspects.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

No, I don't think you've been negative. But you were the one who started the post asking why no one is enthused about Enthusia (excuse the pun) and were overtly critical of Forza in that thread.

Does this comment from you in that Enthusia thread ring any bells?

>>>Never tried the demo, perhaps it also had to do with the cars and tracks available, but most seem to think they severely tuned the driving engine since then. I'd be very surprised if Forza doesn't seem more arcadish.<<<

In other words, you put your bias against Forza in the front display case for all to see. So I think anyone would take your so-called objective impressions of Forza with a healthy heap of salt.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

How was I overly critical of Forza? I hadn't even played the game. I was just stating the strong possibility that Enthusia was a good enough game to get more attention than it was and Forza could possibly not be the game of the century that deserves so much attention. Forza could be better than Enthusia, my impressions from previews are Enthusia is more my type of game, but I am open to changing once I play it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Parker wrote:How was I overly critical of Forza? I hadn't even played the game. I was just stating the strong possibility that Enthusia was a good enough game to get more attention than it was and Forza could possibly not be the game of the century that deserves so much attention. Forza could be better than Enthusia, my impressions from previews are Enthusia is more my type of game, but I am open to changing once I play it.
If you've never played even the Forza demo, then why did you make this statement in your Enthusia thread?

>>>Never tried the demo, perhaps it also had to do with the cars and tracks available, but most seem to think they severely tuned the driving engine since then. I'd be very surprised if Forza doesn't seem more arcadish.<<<

Your recent attempts at being Mr. Congeniality are laudable. I know better, though, and expect your other shoes of iconoclasm and contrarianism -- solely for the sake of attention and irritation of others -- will drop eventually.

Bring on the Forza impressions, though. Maybe there are some in here who consider you an objective, substantive contributor to this Forum.

Take care,
PK

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

I made the statement because in my experience, games that are brutally realistic, are not mass marketed by companies as a mainstream racer. I have played few games that give me that feeling as much as Enthusia (and none of them have been huge sellers), but maybe Forza will surprise me, especially depending on the tracks, options available. I just hope the career mode is more satisfying than Rallisport.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Parker wrote:I made the statement because in my experience, games that are brutally realistic, are not mass marketed by companies as a mainstream racer. I have played few games that give me that feeling as much as Enthusia (and none of them have been huge sellers), but maybe Forza will surprise me, especially depending on the tracks, options available. I just hope the career mode is more satisfying than Rallisport.
First, the entire Gran Turismo series, which does have a realistic driving model despite its pathetic racing model, is one of the most heavily marketed console racing series of all time.

Second, talk about playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey with racing games. You start by saying you're a fan of brutally realistic racers and then conclude by saying you hope the career mode of Forza is better than Rallisport, a pure arcade rally game?

I'm hoping that you referred to Rallisport Challenge 2 only because I believe it was Microsoft's last major racing release, and a mediocre one, at that.

Take care,
PK

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

From my reading of the previews, the interface and structure of the game resemble very much Rallisport, not to mention the way the game has been marketed. I can only hope the racing doesn't.

You assume I was referring to just the driving model. GT has many qualities (and licenses) that appeal to the mainstream gamer besides the actual driving. A game like Enthusia or Richard Burns Rally does not have all these glittery extras and licenses and the focus is solely on the very challenging racing.

SoMisss2000
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by SoMisss2000 »

STOP IT!!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Parker wrote:From my reading of the previews, the interface and structure of the game resemble very much Rallisport, not to mention the way the game has been marketed. I can only hope the racing doesn't.

You assume I was referring to just the driving model. GT has many qualities (and licenses) that appeal to the mainstream gamer besides the actual driving. A game like Enthusia or Richard Burns Rally does not have all these glittery extras and licenses and the focus is solely on the very challenging racing.
I guess your reading comprehension is different than mine. If anything, Microsoft hasn't played up the number of tracks or car models in the game nearly as much as Sony does with Gran Turismo. Microsoft has promoted the drivatar, seamless online-offline interface, career mode, downloadable setups, car clubs -- in other words, the things that differentiate Forza from GT -- a lot more than the available cars and tracks, especially lately.

Take care,
PK

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Pk and parker you guys just need to f*** and get over this s***.

Gman33
Mario Mendoza

Post by Gman33 »

Parker, you critiquing Forza is like the devil grading the Bible.

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

Gman33 wrote:Parker, you critiquing Forza is like the devil grading the Bible.
Then don't read my impressions, I am not forcing anyone to. Or you can read the first paragraph, and if you detect any bias, stop reading.

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

James_E wrote:Pk and parker you guys just need to f*** and get over this s***.
Thank you for almost making me lose my lunch.

Gman33
Mario Mendoza

Post by Gman33 »

Parker wrote:
Then don't read my impressions, I am not forcing anyone to. Or you can read the first paragraph, and if you detect any bias, stop reading.
Fair enough.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Parker wrote:
Ditto to Gman's sentiments. Mighty courteous of you, Parker, to give us a head's up on where to stop reading. A real time-saver.

Take care,
PK

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

I just found out something from someone who already played the full version something that will make you in particularly drool up a storm. But just for that, I'm going to hide it in the text....ha.

My copy is here. I shall now enter the "zone". I shall not respond to anything or anyone for the next several hours.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Parker wrote:I just found out something from someone who already played the full version something that will make you in particularly drool up a storm. But just for that, I'm going to hide it....ha.
Big f*cking deal.

One, release copies have been sent to gaming sites all over the net. Shawn Drotar has a final copy at OS. Your pretty little secret won't be safe for long.

Two, the game will be in my mitts in less than a week. I can wait. It's a videogame, not the arrival of a newborn baby.

So your little charade really means nothing to me. Nice try, though.

Take care,
PK

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

My copy is here. I shall now enter the "zone". I shall not respond to anything or anyone for the next several hours.
Blessed are we.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Translation: His torrent finished downloading and he needs to pump out a quick one before playing.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Parker wrote:My copy is here. I shall now enter the "zone". I shall not respond to anything or anyone for the next several hours.
Is it possible you could get a new copy every hour from here to eternity?

Take care,
PK

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Yea I prefer my impressions from someone who was "sent" the game by the Publisher or actually "paid" for it. Hopefully the next generation will not be so easy for the Parkers of the world.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Yep, Scoop, you're spot-on with your hunch that Parker downloaded the game. I just checked TorrentSpy, and lo and behold, guess what pirated version of what game is available for download?

And what time was the torrent posted on that site?

Date Added 4/28/2005 11:29:10 AM

Good work, master detective!

Take care,
PK

SoMisss2000
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by SoMisss2000 »

Atlantic Division Champs? Boy, you reaching there man. The actual players don't even acknowledge that. :lol: